Categories > Original > Fantasy > Thorns and Roses

Rozen Thorns

by Fleur 1 review

Rosalie Thorne was beautiful, though she was your "normal" 13 year old. (As if one of the most powerful raw magical talents in the history of Savel could ever be)

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-12-25 - Updated: 2009-12-26 - 1196 words

0Unrated

Main Characters:
Rosalie Thorne (Eli)
Isabella Fray (Zae)
Anastasia Evers (Dia)
Guys:
Drevin Knight (Dev)
Nathaniel Jareld (Nate; Introduced in second chapter)

Eli yawned, took one glance at the clock, and jumped up from her bed pulled away thick, velvet dark blue curtains to her window. As the sunshine shone in, she muttered, "Crap, it's already 10:10, I promised to meet them at 10:30)
As she pulled out a brush, and started combing her long, lush, waist-length, black hair (which was always full of tangles), she started her morning routine (or 5 days out of 7 [when she's almost late]) of brushing her hair, teeth, and trying to change all at the same time. in ten minutes, she was done. She put on her dark blue rimmed fake glasses, a Teal/Turqouise plaid shirt, black skinny jeans, and she slipped on dark blue Converse, put on her ipod earphones, slung her dark blue soft suede bag over her shoulder, and she was out the door.

Rosalie Thorne had rich parents, and had a long line of magical wizards and witches in her ancestery. And to top it off, she was recognized as one of the most powerful ones in history (or had the most raw power). In the Savel world (magical world) magic elements, or one's magical source of power was called Runze, and while most Runze had an element, or was at least restricted to something. Eli's wasn't, so in other words, with enough magical training, her magic had the potential to able to do just about anything. Which her parents, and the Elders of Savel agreed was pretty amazing and dangerous, though Eli, Dev, Zae, and Dia preferred to use the word, Awesome. But for now she had to control her powers, and in order to rein them in, she had to wear a special bracelet cuff, with runes tattoed on it, to restrict her powers. Oh, she could still use them, but the power was cut in at least 1/3.
Rosalie (Eli), Drevin (Dev), Isabella (Zae), and Anastasia (Dia), all came from magical famalies, and since their parents were all friends, they had known each other since they were little, and since they were all pretty powerful (depending on your definition of powerful) they found that they could relate to each other the best, which came in handy when they reached the Dezerning. (Or when their powers start to trasnsform and become full-fledged) They could kinda cover each other when their powers went temporarily wack. Their parents had decided though, that this year, they would transfer to Silver Academy (after the summer was over). The Academy, was a school where magical people go to to train their powers. It was also a normal school though, (Although, you basicaly had to be the top in your grade, to have even a chance of getting in, [I mean, hey, competitions tough])
Even if they didn't have powers though, it would probably be no sweat getting in, [with some studying, of course] for them. Since, they were already 1~2 years ahead of normal curriculum (Eli was 2, Dia 2, Dev 1, Zae 1)
Rosalie had long, waist length black-hair, that was wavy, and kinda curly at the ends, she had white skin as smooth as pearl, and blue eyes, though she looked asian. This was probably because her dad was French, and her mom spoke Manderin and came from Taiwan. So because of this, she was fluent in French (she lived in France till she was 7) Manderin, and also English. Though she was beautiful, what was probably more suprising was the fact that she knew nothing about her beauty, and that the way she dismissed it, was yet another amazing thing itself.

-----------

She was walking down the road to Starbucks, and when she arrived there, she was right on time, although Zae and Dia were already chatting through the glass windows of the coffee shop. And it was kinda obvious that the guys around were already eyeing them.
Eli sighed, oh, how she envied how pretty they were! Zae with her fluttery golden hair, that seemed to encircle her face like a heaten halo, and with her tanned skin and foresty green eyes, she looked like a elvin queen.
And even Dia, had her thick dark hair that piled below her shoulders, her dark dreamy eyes, and creamy skin. She looked like a princess from a fairy-tale.

--------------------

She walked in, Dia and Zae immidietly saw her and waved, "Hey, over here!" she smiled at her two best friends (fine, Dev too [though he wasn't here]) "So, did Snow White get enough of her beauty sleep?" Dia joked, and Zae added on "Suprise, surprise, I mean this has gotta be the first time that she wasn't the last one to arrive." "Hey!" said Eli, with a fake pout, and continued, eager to change the subject "Speaking of which, why isn't Dev here yet? Didn't he say he was gonna introduce his friend to us?" And just then, speak of the devil, Dev walked in.

------------

"Holy crap" thought Dev, as he saw Eli through the window, as his heart started to race a just a little faster, and he realized his childhood crush still wasn't completley gone yet. Eli, with her cascading windswept black hair, knowing yet innocent clear sky blue eyes (and yet, hers seemed somehow even bluer) was beautiful, though herself wouldn't admit it. She looked like one of those delicate prolecain dolls you saw in stores, with big blue eyes, and lush lashes, and red, red lips (Like Snow white, how she got her nickname). And even though she was beautiful like every other beautiful girl was, what stood even more among the rest (if it were possible to stand out more) were her blue eyes, and once you gazed into them, it was almost impossible to look away, at least, for the 1 or 2 seconds she was willing to glance at you, as was the consensus of all the guys in his grade, (and even the ones a few grades higher). The way she carried herself had an air of grace and elegance, though it was very hard to describe, I mean, as if could any 13 year old had grace in her walk. (Well, at least she was graceful until she tripped, Eli was a total klutz after all) And she was myseterious, though Dev could claim her knew her better (besides Zae and Dia of course) than any other person in the world could ever know her. She was still myseterious, especially when she gets that dreamy look and stares out the window into the sky, with her raven-black hair framing her face.
Though, of course, Dev wasn't stupid, he knew that she would never like him and that he would never be stupid enough to confess to her, and be rejected flat, (which meant he had the good sense about half the guys in his school didn't).

-----------

.............
To be continued in next chap. Eli meets Nate, everyone demonstrates powers

Please Review!!! This is my first story/fanfic ever! I would love if you gave me opinions/constructive criticism/encourgement or what you like or don't like about this story
Sign up to rate and review this story