Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic

"Viva La Riot"

by PancikingTonight 0 reviews

FAPIPO IS BACK WITH NEW CHAPTERS :)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2010-01-01 - Updated: 2010-01-01 - 861 words - Complete

0Unrated

January 8, 2009

To start off the New Year we had to think of a name for our third album. We haven’t released an album since before my mom died, two years ago. For the past two years we’ve been touring and writing, and now we are back in action.

“Were So Dying” Rikki said. “It’s the perfect album title”

“That’s very negative” I point out.

“Well we haven’t recorded in two years—the title needs to be negative” Ajax said.

“A Little Less Twenty-Four Candles, A Little More Dying” Kevin said. “It’s morbid and it’s good” he was smiling like a crazy fool—another German thing?

“No offence Heaven, but that sucked” Rikki says.

“Yeah dude, it completely sucked” Ajax added. “Is it some kind of German thing—is it German for let’s suck some balls because it sucked so bad” through this whole thing Kevin was laughing—Ajax and Rikki were making fun of him, and he was laughing?

“Hooray the riot” I say as I type the album titles they came up with on my sidekick.

“That’s actually a good name” Rikki said. “Hooray the riot”

“Or Viva La Riot” Kevin exclaimed.

“That’s awesome” Ajax included. “Adri you’re a genius”

“Well I did name our past two albums because you guys keep fighting over names”

“Wow—I just realized that”

Pete walked into our little conference room. “SO did you guys think of a name yet?”

“Ok” Rikki started. He was going to make a story out of this. “Ajax, Kevin and I were fighting over names and then Adri just randomly said ‘Hooray the riot’ and then we al agreed that was a great name—then Kevin said ‘Viva La Riot’ and then our third album name was born—Viva La Riot”

“Viva La Riot?” Pete asked. “Is this going to be an album about destroying shit?”

“It is now” Ajax smiled.

Pete brought in a box with all of Misery Riot’s song’s which we wrote during tours in, and dropped it on the table. “I say you guys pick thirteen or so songs for the album, name them or rename them and shit—change the lyrics if you half to and then tomorrow we can start writing the music” Pete left the room. I picked up a sheet of paper from the cardboard box.

“I’m renaming this song” I told everyone after I reread the lyrics. “To Were So Dying”

“HA” Rikki exclaimed. Since he doesn’t write any of the songs he really doesn’t get a say in the title of the names. But since he’s like my older brother I had to name it for him.

“I’m gonna name this song” Kevin started, he held up the song I wrote when I was fifteen years old—we haven’t used it because it really put all of the bands problems into one song—and I don’t think the fans care about our problems? “Nothing Personal”

After a while of reading, renaming and editing our songs we have chosen thirteen and a half songs.

“Ok” Ajax started. “So—we have one song left to name—any ideas?”

“Viva La Riot and death to all his little friends” Rikki said.

“That’s actually not a bad idea” I say. We laugh. Ajax writes down the title and we leave the conference room.

We spent the next couple days in the recording room trying to write music. After we wrote the music we worked on getting people featured on the album—we got Gabe Saporta from Cobra Starship to help us to synthesize our songs—so we decided since helped us, we would let him sing something—and actually, it was really fun working with him. We got Patrick Stump on the album, and Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday. We were going to ask Hailey Williams to feature on it to—but I heard there really busy right now.

I think this is the fastest we’ve ever recorded an album—probably since we already had the songs, and we had what we wanted everything to sound like in our heads.

On January 23, 2009 we released our single from Viva La Riot, called “Nothing Personal”. Two months later on March 24, 2009 we released Viva La Riot. We got our single “Viva La Riot and Death to All His Little Friends” on the radio and we got it on almost every chart our there. Now really we have nothing left—were going on Warped Tour this summer, and then The Hot Mess across the U.S tour, then our own headlining tour this fall.




---------
if any of the readers actually read the FYI chapter post thingy i posted a while ago then you would know that i haven't finished the story and there's more chapters passed 30, so here's the first new chapter that you guys haven't seen yet (unless you went on my mibba), to get what's going on with some stuff you'll half to go back and read the whole story again to see the changes i've made and stuff, so yeah :)
Sign up to rate and review this story