Categories > Original > Fantasy > Rozen Thornes

Silver Gates, part 1

by Fleur 0 reviews

The examination into Silver Academy, Rosalie's and her friends' powers will be tested, and she'll finally find out just how powerful she is.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-01-02 - Updated: 2010-01-03 - 2021 words

0Unrated
Rosalie knew that the examination into the Academy was to test three things, the raw power of the magic of your Runze, if you could control multiple elements, and how adept you were at controling your power. Then you would be assigned to different classes, and some of the classes were also based on the Element of your Runze. The Elements being Fire, Water, Metal, Earth, and Ice, and if your power didn't have a special category, such as Rosalie's power was, then it was categorized in the Special category
Darkness or Light aren't Elements, because they aren't objects, and since you cannot actually touch light or shadows, they technically (in the magic manipulating sense) do not exist. Rosalie and her friends knew this, that's why they were all so suprised when Nate "demonstrated" his power. Nate manipulated the shadows, and turned it into an object (a siler rose) and that is virtually impossible, it is against the rules of Magic to make something into another substance. Well, Eli (Rosalie) already broke that rule, but what Nate did, was somhow more shocking. Because instead of transforming a substance, what Eli did was make a substance, she could create Elements, and not just use the ones surrounding her.
------------- (Eli)
"Well, I'm off!" Eli called out to her parents, "Good luck, Eli" smiled her mom, as her dad, confident as always said "Wonder what class you're gonna be in". Eli smiled at the picture of her loving parents, her dad's arm wrapped protectively around her mom's waist, as she came out of the kitchen. They had been married for 15 years and yet they still loved each other.
Wearing her signature custom-made rose ring, and her favourite teal rose earring studs, with her hair tied with a teal coloured pencil. Eli had dressed so she her clothes wouldn't get in the way. So loose black skinny jeans, and a Dark blue shirt with sleeves that came down to the elbows, and of course her black skull pattered cnonverse with silver laces. She carried her dark blue bag that had contained three of her favourite novels, and one yet to be read, her sketchbook full of drawings, most of them were of roses, but so far one of her all-time favourites were of an angel, white wings outspread, desceinding from heaven.
------------- (Dia)
Dia was excited for the examination today. Her Runze was Fire, and so far, she could conjure up both Ice Fire and Crimson Fire (some of the more harder types of Fire) and she hoped that either Zae, Eli, or Dev would be in her class. She dressed in a comfortable baggy yet clingy red sweater, and wore her usual hairbands, with her favourite earrings that bore one of her initials, (A, F) on each ear. She slung her slanted book bad on her shoulder, which of course carried her Mac Air. Dia was still somewhat of a computer geek, just as much as Eli was a nerd.
She was out the door as she waved by to her parents, and her little sister Carrie, who pouted and wondered when she would get her powers.
------------- (Zae)
What did Zae think about the exam? Nothing much. What she was excited for was what would happen after the test. What class would she be in? Who would be in her class? How powerful would she be compared to others? These were all questions she had, plus Zae really wanted a chance to improve and hone her powers, and not just knowing vaguely how to use them. She tied her blonde hair up in a ponytail, wore her AE jeans and an Abercrombie shirt, slipped on her sneakers, picked up her shoulderbag that contained all her notebooks, Zae loved writing stories, and she had so many ideas crammed into them, that she wanted to write a real story, and she was gonna get Eli to help her (she being such a book worm)

------------ (Dev)

"Well, maybe this will get Eli off my mind." thought Dev, as he dressed in a casual t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. "Besides" his thoughts continued, "You saw how she looked at Nate that day, Eli might be dense enough not to notice, but I just know that Nate's gonna turn out more than just a "friend" for her someday." He took his iPhone and walked out the door, that day both his parents were at work, though they wished him good luck the night before, and told him how proud they were of him.

------------ (Nate)

Nate slipped on his black rectangular framed glasses, and discovered to his surprise, that he actually looked forward to being in the Academy. “It might be fun, and I’ll see that Eli girl again.” He thought , and just as soon as that thought crossed his mind, he shook his head, and said to himself “What am I thinking?? She’s (Eli) just a girl” He quickly shook that thought out of his mind, got dressed in his favourite pair of jeans, a black shirt, and a thin jacket. He told his parents “I’m going” and headed towards the door his mom called out “I hope you’ll like this school” “and make some new friends.” His dad added, Nate sighed “okay”, he knew his parents meant well, but they didn’t understand, and being “normal”, they never would.

------------------- (Eli)

The entrance to the Runze examination was at the North Gate of Silver Academy, and as I walked into an open area, I noticed there were different coloured arrows on the wall all pointing in different directions. People, after reading off a piece of power posted all the wall, all headed off in different directions, I read the paper. The only thing it said was "Follow the arrows." I thought "Which arrows???" until I saw a glint on the bottom of the paper, in small silver print it said, "If you see arrows pointing in different directions, follow the silver arrows." I look towards the different hallway, the silver arrows all pointed to the middle one, so I walked towards into the corridor, then after a little while of walking, I walked into a hallway with a door at the end, yet what was most surprising, or shocking were the big windows on the wall, no, not the windows, it was that out of these windows I could see the sky, the blue, blue sky, and the white clouds all up close, "I'm up in the air." A part of me thought it was an illusion, though for some reason I knew it wasn't.
Then I reached the end of the hallway I walked out through the door, then I came to a open room, with marble floors and gilded boulders near the wall, on the other side though, was a beautiful garden, containing the most beautiful flowers, and, oh, the most beautiful roses, there was also a big pond, and a willow tree. Then as I looked around, I saw another person, it was Nate, he looked at me, and he shrugged, as if to say "It's amazing isn't it?" Neither of us wanted to break the tranquility and the silence. Then the door opened again, and this time a pretty and petite red-haired girl walked in, I smiled at her, and she gave me a friendly smile.
Then, as she settled down on the bench, a beautiful silver-haired lady (don't ask me how old people can be beautiful, she just was) appeared, she smiled warmly and said "I am Professor Elwood, before we start the examination, though coming to this room was also part of the examination itself, let me explain." "The different arrows represented different Runze Elements, for example, if you could see the red arrows, that meant you had the Fire Element, and if you could see more than one arrow, and could also see the silver arrows, that means you also have another Runze power, that does not belong to the Elements."
"Going in clockwise position, can you introduce yourselves by saying your name, age, and your Elemental powers, and other abilities, and you list your Elements from the most power to least."
The red-haired girl started speaking first "My name is Zoey Auren, I am 13. My powers are Water, Earth, and Air, I am also telekenetic, and that also enables me to fly, I can create force fields." Then it was Nate's turn "I'm Nathaniel Fang, call me Nate. I'm 14. My Elements are, Metal, Ice, and Fire, I can fly, teleport, and do shadow manipulation." My turn, I took a small breath and said "I can control all the Elements, though I'm not exactly sure how strong they are," I stopped and pointed at my bracelet cuff, that was engraved with my family crest, "My parents gave me a Runze restrainer when my powers started to mature." Then, just before I continued Zoey said, "I have one too" as she tucked her hair behind one ear and showed as her earring, on the bottom earlobe was a moon and a sun intertwined together that connected with a chain that was attached to a metal ring on the top of her ear. Then Nate said "Me too" as he showed as his engraved ring.
I continued on "Anyways, I'm 13. I can control all the Elements, I can fly, and I can also manifest objects."
Professor Elwood said "Well now that we now each other, at least kind of, we can test your powers, oh, and you can remove your restrainers and put them on the ground, here at Silver Academy, we can teach you to control you powers so that you no longer need them."
"First of all, we'll test your Elements, we'll do Earth first, Zoey, you can go first." Professor Elwood snapped her fingers and the garden was reduced to a cement floor. "Zoey, try to grow a garden, you know, trees, flowers, grass and stuff. Concentrate pour out your power." Zoey squeezed her eyes shut, and after a few seconds, grass started growing, and soon the cement disappeared under the grass, and then flowers started growing, daisies, lilies, orchids, and roses all grew out of the ground, then... Zoey opened her eyes and said "That's all I can do." Professor Elwood nodded the ground ocnce again reduced to cement, and she motioned to me, I closed my eyes, and imagined grass growing out of the ground, flowers, especially roses growing out, in every colour imaginable, than a willow tree, an apple tree, a Sakura blossom. I was gonna do more when Professor Elwood said "Enough, well done." I opened my eyes, and a beautiful garden was there, the pleasant scent of the flowers engulfed me. Then we tested Water, Zoey made a huge wave of water come crashing down on us, that I swear was higher than any Tsunami the world has ever seen (we were dry of course, in an air bubble) I tried to do the same but my wave was only a little more than half the size of hers. Then Fire, I made flames come out of my fingertips and I directed them wherever I wanted, and soon we were engulfed in a sea of flames, Nate was able to do the same.
Then Air, with a flick of a finger, a three small Tornadoes came out, then four, then five, I was gonna make a huge one with all of them combined, but Professor Elwood stopped me. Then Zoey made two smiliar storms of swirling air and that was it. After cam Ice, I made a block of ice as big as the space of the garden I had created. and Nate did that too, except his was about one fourth bigger. For some reason, we never tested Metal, and Professor Elwood said since that was more complicated we would do that next time, along with testing our other special abilities.

--------------------
Rest of the testing next half of this chap.

Rozen Thornes is my first story ever!! Please Please review
Please Review and give me opinions!! ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story