Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Flying Lessons

by rawr-ness 3 reviews

Should I stop after the first book... or go on to the rest of the books?? Comment please :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-01-16 - Updated: 2010-01-16 - 2312 words

0Unrated
I didn't really think that I would hate anyone more than I hated Andrew, I guess I was wrong when I met Bert.

Since we were both first-years, we only had Potions together, which really wasn't all bad. We were never really near each other, though he attempted to ruin something every time he'd get some supplies. Snape seemed to have a liking of Slytherin, and a hatred toward Gryffindors.

There was one other lesson that Gryffindor had with Slytherin... flying lessons.

"Typical, just a another way to make a complete fool of myself in front of Bert." Ela came from behind me and pat my back.

"You won't make a fool of yourself. Trust me, you'll probably be a natural." Ela smiled as Alice skipped to our table as she usually did every day.

"Hello, Frank, Ela, Mikey. Gerard, Jason. What's going on?"

"Gryffindor and Slytherin flying lessons are today, Frank's nervous." Gerard put his arm around me and massaged my shoulder lightly. I smiled and placed my head on his shoulder.

"I'm not nervous. I'm really excited, actually. I just wish Bert weren't there. He talks a lot about flying, he's probably some sort of expert."

"Oh, come on, Frank! You believe all that, I bet it's all talk. Just imagine how wonderful it'd be if you were the one to succeed and Bert on his lazy --"

A small package landed in front of Alice as she jumped up and quickly opened it.

"My nan sent me a Remembrall! Excellent, just what I needed." She smiled and moved up and down as she was seated.

"What's a Remembrall?" Mikey and I asked at the same time. Ela sighed as she hit her head against the table, Alice laughed as she placed an arm around her.

"I'll explain this time. A Remembrall is something that shows you if you've forgotten something. It turns red if you have." She looked within and put it on the table when she noticed it was staying clear.

"Guess like I'm good. Damn it, Bert give me back my Remembrall!" She screamed as Bert walked by and picked it up off the table.

"Calm down. I'm just looking." He smirked and tossed it back. We all reached our arms out, afraid for it to fall on the ground and break.

Ela ended up catching it, handing it back to Alice.

"Thanks," she whispered as we all sat back down.

Bert, Erik, and Matt walked away. All snickering as Bert turned back to look me straight in the eyes.

...

"Come on, hurry." Mikey laughed as he grabbed mine and Ela's hand and ran outside the school and on to the field. It was a nice day, small breeze and not too sunny.

"Slow down," laughed Ela as Mikey refused, only going faster. He pushed us towards the brooms and grabbed both of our backpacks, throwing them away from us.

"Well, what are you waiting for!" The teacher snapped. Mikey said her name was Madame Hooch.

"Stick up your right hand." She placed her hand over the broom. "And say, 'UP!'"

"Up." I said as it instantly came up to my hand, I was one of the few. Sadly, Bert was too. He smiled as he looked at me, he seemed disappointed that it seemed to worked for me too. I smiled, seeing him look down at his shoes.

I looked over towards Ela. She didn't seem to get it. It was rolling around on the floor as she got frustrated, constantly screaming "Up! UP!!" but nothing happened. Finally, after around three more tries it flew to her hand.

Mikey seemed to be struggling the most. It didn't move at all.

"UP!!" He finally shouted at the top of his lungs. I laughed as instead of it landing safe in his hand, it went up to his him right in the forehead.

He stuck his tongue out at me as he smiled. "Shut up." He laughed as he held it firmly in his hand.

I placed my leg over the broom stick as did everyone else, trying to keep it steady. It wasn't that hard, though, Mikey seemed to be struggling again.

"Okay, now when I blow the whistle. Kick off your broom sticks hard. Fly a few feet, then come back down leaning forward a bit. Three, two..."

Mikey went up in the sky before her whistle was anywhere close to her mouth. He flew side to side, losing control as Madame Hooch did her best to guide him.

"Come back, boy!" She shouted when Mikey finally fully lost control. The broom went in curves and ran into one of the walls of the school, making Mikey fall several feet to the ground. He was still on the broom as it flew away from the wall and straight into the ground.

Ela and I ran as fast as we could to him.

"Mikey, are you alright?" We asked at the same time as he clutched his wrist tightly. Madame Hooch pushed her way from us and sat next to Mikey. She moved his wrist slightly and already was he moaning in pain.

"Broken wrist, got to send him to the hospital wing." I heard her mutter.

"Don't move until I come back. If you touch those brooms while your gone before you can say 'Quidditch'." We all nodded as Mikey waved goodbye with his good hand.

We heard him mumble something along the lines of "I can't believe the first day of flying lessons, I'm the idiot to injure himself."

Me and Ela smiled as we waved back. "Do you think he'll be alright?"

"Think so, it can't be that bad. Though I don't think he'll be able to take flying lessons in awhile."

"Something that Gerard and Jason will obviously bother him about." I smiled thinking of Gerard. He seemed to be going easier with Mikey, I didn't really like it when they picked on him that much.

"Did you see his face when he hit the ground?" Bert laughed as he came up from the back of the crowd, along with Erik and Matt.

"Shut up, Bert." Fin came from the back of the Gryffindor crowd and stepped right in front of him.

"Didn't think you'd be sticking up for him, Fionnuala!" He shoved her away, I caught her as she almost fell to the ground. She gave me a small smile as she looked back at Bert with cold eyes.

"Anyway, look what I took from that freak earlier today." Out of his pocket came the small clear ball that I remembered from breakfast. Alice's Remembrall.

"Give it here, Bert." I was the one to get rather close to him this time.

He smiled and looked down at his hand. "Come and get it."

He hopped on his broom and into the air, flying several feet up in the air. He wasn't joking when he said he could fly.

"Come and get it! I'm sure the great Frank Iero should be able to fly." He snickered as I mounted my broom, preparing to get him

"No! Frank, you can't do this. You don't even know how to fly." I ignored Ela's words and jumped as hard as I could off the ground. "What an idiot." I heard her whisper, I chuckled as I went up and approached Bert.

"Didn't think you'd have the guts, Iero. Doesn't mean I'll give it to ya." He smirked as I attempted to balance on the broom. I was starting to get a hand of it, though.

"Actually," He said twirling it around in his hand. "I will give it to you."

He threw the Remembrall as hard as he could. I felt myself zoom by the air as fast as I could, leaning closer and closer to the broom as I went faster. I held out my hand and caught the Remembrall in my hand, stopping immediately in front of a window.

"Close call." I whispered to myself, chuckling as I flew back to the ground. Ela was the first to greet me. She ran to me as fast as she could and threw her arms around my neck. She quickly stepped back and slapped my arm, rather hard.

"What was that for?" She gave me a warm smile and hugged me once more.

"For a being an idiot, and for being okay. See, I told you you were an excellent flier."

"Then why were you worried."

"Frank Iero." I turned around to see Professor McGonagall with her arms crossed. I sighed and walked over to her.

"Never in my time at Hogwarts have I -- you could have broken your neck, what were you thinking."

"It wasn't his fault Professor -" She came running from the crowd and stepped by my side.

"Not now, Fionnuala."

"But Bert was the one -"

"That is enough. Follow me Mr. Iero." I nodded as I held the broom tightly in my head, not completely sure what to do with it.

This was it, only a couple months into my first year and I'm out. Back to the horrible family I thought I left behind forever. Back to the cupboard and no food. Back to the beatings from Andrew. No more Mikey, or Ela, or Alice, or Jason... no more Gerard.

I wondered what Uncle Frank would think if I just returned right on his doorstep, standing there.

Professor McGonagall stopped in front of a classroom and placed her head inside.

"Professor Flitwick, may I borrow Wood for a minute?" I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. Was 'Wood' something used to beat students with? I gulped, but felt relief to see a fifth-year boy come out of the door.

"Follow me you two." Wood gave me a confused look as we followed her into her classroom, which was near by.

"Frank, this is Oliver Wood. He is the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Wood, I think we've found your seeker." She smiled widely, Oliver's face quickly changed from confusion to excitement.

"Really?!? He just the build for a seeker too." He said running his eyes up and down me.

"He was excellent. Caught a it after a fifty foot drop, and not a scratch on him." She said as she held out the Remembrall in her hand, handing it to Wood. Was it really fifty feet?

"Was that your first time on a broom, Iero." I nodded, not having any idea what was going on.

"Light - speedy - we'd have to get him a decent broom Professor! A Nimbus Two-Thousand, or a Cleansweep Seven, I'd say!" I could tell by now, Wood was on a verge of jumping up and down with excitement, McGonagall seemed just as excited.

"I shall have a word with Professor Dumbledore about it, see if we can bend the first-years rule a bit. He knows how our team need better players, especially after last year. You better do well, Iero. If I hear that you're not working hard I just might change my mind about punishing you."

I nodded as she dismissed Wood to go back to his class. I chuckled once to notice that he skipped out the door, humming some kind of tune.

"Your father would be proud of you Frank. He was an excellent Quidditch player himself." She took out a picture from her desk. I saw many people in robes waving at me, all holding broom sticks. To the far left, I saw my dad waving his left arm widely as if it were to fall off. I chuckled, wiping the small tear off my cheek.

...

"You're joking!" Ela and Mikey both said at the same time as we ate our dinner. I shook my head, grabbing a small muffin.

"But first-years never... I mean -- you must be the youngest house player in a... in a?" Mikey counted his fingers as Ela laughed.

"A century, Wood told me." Gerard and Jason came running towards me, cheering loudly.

"Amazing Frank, I can't believe you joined to team." Gerard picked me up, off my feet and hugged me tightly. I laughed as he continued jumping as he held me tight. "Can someone tell him to put me down?" I laughed as he blushed and dropped me lightly on my feet.

"Sorry, Wood told us. We're on the team too. Beaters." Jason said, siting in my spot and taking my muffin. I stuck my tongue out at him as he laughed.

"I told you have nothing to be worried about." Gerard hugged me tightly once more, this time he bent down so he my feet weren't hovering a foot off the ground. He pecked my lips as I blushed, Mikey moaning and burying in his face in his robes.

"Sorry, Mikes. Forgot you were sensitive about... your 'virgin eyes'." Ela and Jason spit up their drinks and burst out laughing.

"See how funny it'd be when you walk in on 'em, multiple times." Mikey always had the worst timings to wake up.

Gerard laughed as he hugged me and refused to let go when we sat down. I smiled and placed my head on his shoulder. Ela released a small "Aww" and Gerard laughed as he pecked my lips once more.

~~~

okay so this chapter is kinda long, hope everyone liked it :)
i looked into my book and notice that it's kind of close to the end, he makes Quidditch team around the middle
question is... should i continue to the rest of the series and do as many as I can?
OR stop after the first year

i'm gonna let you guys decide, so comment whether you think it should stop after the first book or go on up to 7, 5, 3? which ever book you think it should end at...

anyway hope you liked it! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story