Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Breaking Ties

All That I Want Is The Truth

by brynn_parker 1 review

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo - Published: 2006-04-17 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 1143 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: All That I Want is the Truth

By: Brynn Parker

----

I stormed off, completely enraged at Inuyasha for even saying something like that! I guess I'd been wrong about him...maybe he didn't have a sensitive side, a side that really cared about me...maybe he was just a selfish jerk after all.

"Hello Kagome!" Shippo said brightly when I walked in to Kaede's hut. I smiled weakly.

"Hi Shippo, Sango, Miroku, Kaede."

"Where's Inuyasha?"

I glared at them, "I think he's still a little upset that I'm leaving," I answered angrily. I put my backpack down on the floor and pulled out some things from my time that the others had asked for as Miroku and Kaede bombarded me with questions. Of course, Sango already knew.

"Where are you going?"

"America...Texas..."

"Where's that?"

"Very, very far away."

"And how long will you be gone?"

"Four years...but I'll come back and visit, I promise."

Inuyasha chose this moment to walk into the room. I sighed as he started yelling at me. "What was that for?" he demanded.

I stood up abruptly and he jumped back, surprised, as I started walking towards him, "You aren't allowed to run my life anymore!" I screamed at him, shoving him back and stalking back outside. I paused at the door, "You guys can do what you want with the rest of the stuff in my bag...I'm leaving."

I left at a fast pace on my way to the well, but I stopped at the tree where I'd first met Inuyasha, Goshinboku. I reached up and ran my hand over the place where he'd once been trapped, the place on the tree where the bark had stopped growing. "Inuyasha..." I whispered, biting back tears. I knew I was acting like I was still in junior high...I shouldn't have had a tantrum like that...but wasn't it necessary?

"What?" a soft voice said behind me. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he pulled me closer to him. "You said my name...what is it?"

I wanted to just melt into his embrace...but I couldn't. He couldn't keep playing these games with me. I knew that this was all a ploy to try and keep me with him in the Feudal Era...but why? I closed my eyes, trying to think. 'So why would he try and keep me here if he doesn't care about me anyway...' His breath was tickling my ear, making it a little hard to organize my thoughts. I turned around and pushed him away from me, facing him and looking him in the eye. He had the most hurt expression on his face...why couldn't he just be angry and make this easy for me!

"Kagome..." he reached out and brushed away the tears on my face. This only made me cry more, of course. If I hadn't been so angry at him I would have thrown myself into his arms and started kissing him...but of course, my rational thoughts stopped me. He wasn't like this...was he?

"Do you love me Inuyasha?" I asked him quietly. I tried to stop the tears, but it seemed like they were multiplying. He gazed at me for a long time.

"Yes," he finally answered quietly, "Do you love me?"

"Of course I do," I said, "So...if you love me, and I love you, then why won't you come with me?"

His eyes narrowed and he looked down at the ground, "The villagers need me to protect them...and Shippo and Kaede need me to protect them...and Kikyo..."

"Have you ever realized that I need you?" I interrupted, my voice barely a whisper, but still intense.

He didn't answer me. So I pulled up my hand and slapped him across the face. "Always avoiding the questions you can't answer," I said, "Goodbye Inuyasha."

He caught me in his arms and spun me around as I started to walk off, pressing a kiss to my lips. I didn't do anything for him; I just stood there as he let out his own feelings and then held me for a moment before letting me go.

"Goodbye Kagome."

So I left. What else was I supposed to do? He wasn't coming with me, that was certain. He felt too obligated to Kikyo...it was always about Kikyo. I could never take a place higher than her in his heart.

"Aren't you going after her?" Miroku asked him behind me.

"Kagome, wait!" Sango yelled. I didn't stop, I just let myself fall into the well. "Damn you Inuyasha!" I heard her yell as the pink light started to envelope me. I also heard Shippo call out my name. I hadn't said goodbye to any of them...but I couldn't go back. Not now. Maybe I could come back later, after my feelings for Inuyasha had died down...but not now.

I climbed out of the well and silently walked out of the well house. The tears were gone...now I just felt cold. I pulled up my hand and touched my lips...Inuyasha had kissed me! If it had been any other time, I would've been psyched out, I know...but he'd said it to me as our last goodbye. This was nothing to be happy about.

I walked to the Goshinboku and climbed over the fence, leaning my head against the cool bark and starting to cry. "He loves me too..." I sobbed. I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder and I looked up; it was my mom.

She hugged me and I cried on her shoulder. "Inuyasha?" she asked quietly. I nodded, unable to speak. "If he wouldn't stay with you, he's not worth it," she continued.

"I know," I choked out, "But...he said he loves me too..."

She grabbed my shoulders gently and pulled me away. "Kagome...look at me." I looked up at her and she smiled at me, "Kagome, you have grown up to be a beautiful woman. You're funny, and you're smart, and you're kind...and you love him. And if he doesn't come back here for you, and he really does love you, he'll probably be waiting forever. I don't like that boy much after the way he's treated you, but you need to remember that you'll always have the option to go back." She let go of me. "I hope that makes you feel better."

I smiled, wiping the tears off of my face, "It does Mom...thank you."

"I love you sweetie."

"I love you too."

She smiled, "Now, do you want to go out and get some clothes for your trip?"

I smiled at her too, "Anything to get my mind off of this."

We walked inside together, smiling and laughing as I tried to forget about Inuyasha.
Sign up to rate and review this story