Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And If I Never See You Again?

Four

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-02-06 - Updated: 2010-02-06 - 494 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank’s POV

I sat down next to my mom on the porch swing. She smiled and put her hand on my knee. We sat like that in silence for a few moments with only the sound of the wind.

“I don’t know if I told you this, or not, but I’m proud of you, Frankie.” My mom said, turning to look at me.

“You’ve told a million and one times, mom.” I smiled.

She nodded, “Yea, I know.” She took a deep breath, “I just...” She paused and I could see tears building, “You’re just growing up so fast. I mean, it seems like just yesterday that you were a baby, and now you’re getting married to a wonderful man.” She laughed, “Pretty soon you’ll have children ”

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, “I love you, mom.”
She nodded, “You’re probably the luckiest person to ever live, too. Do you know why?”

I shook my head, “Why?”

“You’re marrying Gerard. He’s definitely the nicest of the guys you’ve brought home to me, and he’s strong. That’s what you need.” She smiled, “A good strong man.”

I nodded, “Gerard is good... and strong. I would know.”

She sighed, “I know, Frankie... I don’t like to think about it either...”

I knew exactly what she meant. I had just turned seventeen, Gerard was nineteen. Gerard hadn’t been feeling well, so I went with him to the hospital. They did a CAT scan and they found out that he had cancer...

Gerard fought so hard. With the help of a few surgeries and chemo therapy, Gerard won the battle, and he was cancer free. Right after he was told he was cancer free, he would have extreme headaches, he was always worried that he had the cancer again, but everytime we went back to the hospital, and they said it was nothing.

I knew Gerard was strong, he fought a cancer that should have killed him within a few months.

Coming back to reality, I took a deep breath, and nodded, “I’m still worried about him though...”

My mom nodded, “That’s normal. A little bit of worry is good.”

“Yea, I guess you’re right.” I smiled.

She laughed, “I’m your mom. I’m always right.”

I shook my head, “Most of the time,” I corrected, “Not all the time.”
She shook her head and squeezed my knee, “Did I ever tell you that you were my favorite son.”

I laughed, “Yes mom. Everyday of my life growing up as an only child.”

She laughed, “You used to think that was the funniest thing I ever said...”

I smirked, “I still do, mom.”

She kissed my cheek, “I love you so much, Frankie.”

I nodded, “I love you too, mom.” I laughed, “You’re my favorite mom that I’ve ever had.”

She laughed and shook her head.
Sign up to rate and review this story