Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > In A World Of Love And Hate

In A World Of Love And Hate

by FragilexCapricorn 3 reviews

Ryan didn't have much of a life, but he didn't think he'd end up with no life at all. Becoming a creature of the night seemed like the worst thing possible for him, but really it came as a blessing...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-02-06 - Updated: 2010-02-06 - 2393 words

0Unrated
Hi! So I'm new to ficwad but I've been writing this story on another site for a few weeks. Figured I'd post it here as well so, enjoy! If you guys like it enough I'll post up the next few chapters =)
-------------------------------------------------

Another walk alone in the night, another lit up sky... but not of stars. It's lit up by all the lights of the city. Vegas seemed to be the coolest place to visit. It IS the coolest place to visit, but not to live. Every night, a lonely boy, 18 years old, would walk the not-so-lonely sidewalks of the strip. Though so many people walked by and talked to you, it could be the loneliest place in the world, especially if you didn't have any friends.

Sounds of the casino never really seemed to be in existence at this point to Ryan. It was all mandatory that it was there. He's lived here his whole life with "ding ding ding ding ding!" and used to people walking with their cigarettes and burning his whole arm. He was used to the pain. His father did worse.

That's right... he'd walk these streets to get away from home. He'd stay out as long as he could to never be in a Hell hole where his father was nothing but a drunken waste. George, the dad, spend his days drinking in bars, pubs, casinos, spent all his money, then come home and do nothing but yell, curse, and beat his only son-- his "problem". George would tell Ryan that he was nothing, that if it weren't for him, he wouldn't be a drunk mess. He said that Ryan was a mistake and that him, his mother, and no one else "could ever love a girly man" like him.

Although Ryan was pretty tough, he did have his girly tendencies. He had hair that went just past his chin, took hours in the bathroom putting on make-up that symbolized the death that he felt inside. Such as, once he drew a dead, hollow tree to show that though he may grow, so does the emptiness inside of him which makes him feel dead. He was a neat freak, always cleaning up after himself, which in George's mind "was a woman's job". Also, Ryan held a special place in his heart for theater and musicals, in which any case crying during a sad scene was "faggot-like". Problem? Ryan wasn't gay. He didn't mind it at all, but he himself just didn't turn that way.

His father despised him for everything he was, which was everything his father was not. Ryan went to work, had a car, and what George hated most and stole as often as he could, was that Ryan had money. George would spend every last cent, and then some, on his own problems just to blame it on his son. Not only would he blame and beat Ryan, but if Anna, his wife (Ryan's mother), would try to help get Ryan away or tell George was wrong in the situation and needed help (which he desperately needed) he'd abuse her. So instead of helping that poor young man, she would watch. She watched George pin Ryan to the wall, spit in his face, and slur every curse that came out of his mouth just to try to tell him how much he wished nothing but death upon Ryan.

There would be days where Ryan would have to go to school and work with black eyes and explain that he "tripped down the stairs and smacked my eye against the rail" or "tried opening a cabinet and slammed it into my face by accident". No one could see the bruises on his arms where George would grab him since he always wore long sleeves, nor the bruising from the kicks to his shins and upper thighs. One thing he'd never show anyone especially was the marks on his wrists from nights that he'd spend alone and locked in the bathroom to hide. He cried until he felt like his eyes were bulging out of his head. He'd sometimes take showers so hot to scold the "dirtiness" from his body, but no matter how hot the water, no matter how hard he would scrub his skin (and usually bled), he felt as if he could never rid himself of his father's words nor selfish touch.

But tonight was one of the more lonelier nights again. He drove to the strip right after work and parked in the parking garage of Paris (one of the hotels). He walked to the MGM and inside, there's a glass, cave-like dome that encased real lions. It was his favorite. One in particular was his absolute favorite. A male lion, the original and first lion to be rescued by the hotel and stuck in that dome, Leo. He felt almost as if he were close to them in a way. He felt that he was trapped and the lions shared the same drowning feeling. The only difference was that he didn't feel safe and cozy where he lived. They did.

After he spent an hour and a half watching the lions lick each other, eat, play, and walk around, he left and continued his seemingly continuous journey. Ryan went to the strip nearly every night. Whenever he had the gas in his car for it, really. He was always stuck paying his own insurance (and coverage) that sometimes he couldn't really afford gas. But that wasn't the only thing he had to pay for. More times than none, there would literately be nothing in his refrigerator to eat. So, whenever he had a few spare dollars it would go toward purchasing food. His mother could hardly do anything, since she was stuck paying off bills, or cleaning up George's financial messes he'd ALWAYS be getting them in.

Finally, Ryan got to the Bellagio, another hotel, to watch what he called 'the dancing water' or the water show. It was water that would shoot up from a pool to the tune of music that played. He could sit and watch for hours. And he did. He knew every word to every song by now. But no matter how many times he watched it, it would always bedazzle him and leave him in a trance. Another one of his favorite things to do. It had just started when he got there and he went to his usual spot, on the stone gate where it was a flat square. He jumped up and sat to enjoy it for 5 minutes. Another 15 minutes would go by and he'd be there to watch the next five minute showing. He did this until it was completely over (midnight) and jumped off to go somewhere else.

It was 12 in the morning and the nightlife on the strip had just picked up. This was the time that everyone was there and nearly everyone was intoxicated and slurring, spilling their drinks. A sloppy older man who clung to a much younger girl's shoulder held out their cigarette and hit it on everything that it came close by. Thankfully, that hand was on the opposite side of Ryan. He knew how to avoid these people by now. It was damn near second nature to him at this point. He sighed, shook his head, and kept walking until he passed almost all of the hotels.

Ryan crossed the street back over to Paris. He lingered in the hotel as he took his time to get through the casino, past the Starbucks, circled around, and out to the parking garage. It was quiet minus the four strangers that were talking loudly amongst themselves. Typical... one of them was slurring and stumbling. Ryan looked down at his feet as he power walked to his car. He whipped out his car key and stuck it in the keyhole.

Just as he was about to turn the key, a ringing sound buzzed in his ears as he trembled with a light-head and a numb body. He shrieked as there was a sudden sting at his neck. His hand flung over his shoulder and instantly felt a head next to his own. It was only a matter of time before his vision began to blur and things became black. Ryan dropped to his knees and they buckled on the cold cement of the parking garage. He yelled, but he was unafraid of death. In fact, he longed for it. This was just fear at its best. Startled, he envisioned his cold, lifeless body lying there. He smiled at the thought in his mind. Eventually, his entire body went limp and his limbs crashed onto the ground with a 'thud'.

"Gaaaaabe!" a voice whined behind the man who was behind Ryan. "Oh no... Gabe... I said DON'T get that one because he's too young. Since your stupid ass had to go on and feed too much, like always, he's gonna die!"

"Bilvy! Don't be mad, baby!" this supposed person named Gabe grinned at the slightly shorter, but very tall (6'3" to be exact) and very slim other man whose hair was also slightly past his chin and a copper color. It was shaggy, but nice. His bangs swooped and nearly poked his sweet, innocent looking, emerald eyes shimmering with a hint of chocolate swirling all around his pupils.

Gabe, 6'5", Brillo Pad-like dark brown hair, and a personal perfume of alcohol and cigarettes hid his actual cologne of Dolce And Gabbana, was bent over the boy. He straightened up and turned to face the melodic voice that rang throughout the garage.

"I am mad... he's young..." the man seemed near child-like himself when he spoke, even his looks resembled a boy. His marble eyes were cast downward on Ryan. They held a sad gleam as he scanned his body. "Gabe... we can't just leave him. It isn't right." he reasoned.

"William... it's fine! Who needs another destructive teenager around these parts, anyway! There's bagillions of them!" Gabe flung his arms to over-exaggerate the amount of teenagers with his hands, but couldn't control his movements due to previous intoxications.

"Gabe! You dumbass! Why'd you go for the young-in, dude?" another voice came up from behind William. He was dressed in a white v-neck, a black and white stripped hoodie, loose-fitted jeans, complete with converse.

"Yeah, man... I mean c'mon. A kid? That's bad. That's really bad, Gabe. By the way, Alex..." this voice was behind of everyone else. With really nice black hair, a checkered hoodie, and the same lower half of Alex, came out of the shadows. "Your hair looks amazing... too bad I one-upped you today!"

"Shut up, Jack!" Alex moved his already swooped bangs out of his face. His hair, even if it was disheveled, looked amazing. Auburn brushed and blonde streaked, it stuck up like he just rolled out of bed and ran his hands through it, which more than likely isn't far from the truth.

"Both of you shut up, we have a job to do." William glared behind him at the two. He spun back around to look at Gabe with his hard-to-resist gentle, but sad, eyes. "Gabey... you have to turn him. It's not right to kill him."

"But Biiilllllvvvyyyy! I don't wanna become a maker. Do you know how annoying that is? Having someone follow you around not knowing anything? I don't wanna do that!" Gabe complained. He did this often, but Will always knew how to handle him. He did so since ages, literately ages, ago.

"Don't argue with me! Just hurry up and get this over with so we can bring him back and he won't be out for too long. It would be more annoying to have him lay in bed for days on end when we can do this now and have his recovery time last for maybe only a few hours." Will tried to reason with him.

"Yeah but--" Gabe was cut off when Will showed his fangs. There they were in all their white, perilous glory. It's what damned him and made him and the three others what they truly were. Vampires. "Ugh... fiiiinnneeee... but does that mean I have to do all the "maker" bullshit? I really don't feel like babysitting."

"Dude... you made him, idiot." Alex commented and William shook his head.

"Just do it already! I'm getting bored of standing here!" Jack's voice boomed.

"Goddammit... I'm too drunk for this..." Gabe sighed.

"You ALWAYS are... that's not a legitimate excuse anymore..." William sighed back at Gabe.

"I guess if it makes you happy, Bilvy..." Gabe grinned, bite into his own arm and blood trickled down.

"Ah fuck..." Gabe complained. "Will... the kid..."

"What?" William replied.

"Can you flip him over?" he asked, William complied. Gabe let the glistening crimson run into the boy's open mouth. Will knelt down beside him and held up Ryan's head to allow the liquid to rush down his throat. Will waited until he knew that every drip of the spilled blood was ingested.

"He's going to start turning soon... someone help me get him to the car. We're not like Edward Cullen here, we don't have super-strength at random." Will made a twisted face and shook his head at the horrible display of vampirism. "Ugh... that movie... what a d-d-disgrace..." he stuttered the last word and the previously made face returned.

"Yeah, we're not fags, either." Jack mumbled, but just loud enough for all to hear.

"Well... can't say the same for Gabe and William over there." Alex smirked as he helped get Ryan into their black with black tinted window jeep.

As soon as Ryan was in the jeep, Will looked over and gave Jack and Alex the if-you-don't-shut-up-I'll-fuckin-kill-you look. The two looked at each other and laughed as they hopped into the back seat and watched Ryan squirm and convulse as the change was taking place. Gabe shot-gunned passenger seat, as always, while William drove like a bat out of Hell.

"Is this gonna affect our sex life?" Gabe questioned aloud.

"Gabe... shut up..." William continued driving without giving his wonderfully drunk boyfriend any kind of a glance.

----------------
I know Its a Rydon story but give it time, It will become that I promise. review pretty please? I'll give you a hug and a cookie!?
Sign up to rate and review this story