Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Patrick's story

Chapter three

by deaths-destruction 2 reviews

Fighting. Break ups. Unhappiness.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-02-17 - Updated: 2010-02-18 - 909 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Hello my lovelies. I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm thinking about uploading another in a little bit. Please don't be mad that it takes me a little bit to get them up. I'm sorry. :( I'll try to hurry for the next couple chapters. I hope you guys like the ending. Anyway, enough of my stupid talking. Here's the story. ^^

Days pass and I can’t help but wonder if I’m worthless. Maybe my phone’s just malfunctioning and not receiving any calls. Pssht, I doubt it.

I turn over and roll out of bed. I force my body to its feet. God… I’m so fucking tired. And I probably look like shit. I stare at the fuzzy red numbers of my clock for a few moments.

3:29 PM.

Ugh, my bed kept me captive for too long. Curse its comfyness and warmth. Why was everything so fuzzy at the moment? Oh, right… I don’t have my glasses on. Stupid me. I pick them up off the side table.

I groan when I hear the doorbell. I shove the glasses onto my face and pick up a discarded black baseball cap. I shove it over my head to hide my tangled, messy hair. Since I’m only in my blue plaid boxers, I decide to be courteous and throw on a bright purple hoodie. I rub the sleep from my eyes as I walk to the door. The doorbell keeps ringing. Over and over and over. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring…

“If you press that doorbell one more fucking time, I’m chopping your goddamn hand off!” I yelled grumpily. I opened the door and then stopped in shock.

“What are you doing here?” I growled.

“Hey ‘Trick, I figured if you wouldn’t listen to me on the phone, you’d listen to--,” Pete started, but I slammed the door in his face.

“--me in person,” he finished in an undertone. I heard him knocking softly.

“Please Patrick. Five minutes, just give me five minutes,” he pleaded with me. If I wasn’t so pissed off, I might listen. But he had abandoned his best friend for SIX YEARS. I would like to emphasize the six years part.

“Why should I?” I asked loud enough to be heard through the door.

“Because I’m still your best friend,” Pete replied. “And I need to talk to you about some things.”

I sighed, pausing. “Fine.” I reluctantly opened the door. Pete flashed a smile and walked in.

“Patrick, I’m really sorry about--” I cut him off. “Don’t even try. Tell me what you need to talk about before I throw you out.”

Pete shut the door and walked father into the living room.

“Look, Pat, me, Andy, and Joe have been talking for a while and it’s up to you now because we’re divided,” Pete said.

I frowned and crossed my arms. “What are you talking about?”

“We don’t know whether or not we want to quit the band,” Pete said.

I swear my mouth dropped. “What?! We can’t! I’m nothing without that band! Have you seen me?” I motioned to myself. It wasn’t exactly pretty. At all.

“But Patrick, we can live normal lives,” Pete tried to reason.

“Pete, touring is our normal life,” I said.

“No, touring is your life, Pat,” Pete replied, his voice lowering. I frowned.

“So that’s it? We’re over?”

Pete kept his gaze averted. That’s all the answer I needed.

“Get out. Now,” I growled. Pete looked like his feelings had been hurt. Well, oh well, he had hurt mine worse.

“Trick, I’m sorry. We just… we have a chance to be normal. Without touring and all that stuff.”

“You said you missed it not more than a week ago! What, were you lying to mess with me?!” Pete said nothing to reply. I took the hint.

“Jerk! You know I hate liars. Get the fuck out of my house!”

“Trick, please don’t be like this,” Pete pleaded.

“You realize this is your job, right?” I asked him. He nodded.

“I figured if we needed money, we could go on a reunion tour or two.”

I laughed bitterly. “No.”

He stared. “No?”

“No,” I repeated. “You think after this I’m going to be all happy dandy and go on another tour with you jackasses?”

“Patrick, don’t be--” I cut him off.

“Get the hell out!” I shoved him back. “I don’t ever want to see you again!” I saw Pete flinch. He left without another word.

Damn him. Damn them all! How could they?! I walked back upstairs and flopped down onto my bed. I hugged my pillow tightly. Sigh… I don’t know how long I had laid there, but it was getting really dark. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock.

9:15 PM.

Shit. I should eat.

A/N: I hope it's not too short. Btw, for anyone who has noticed, I change from past tense to present tense. I'm trying to fix that, but I'm pretty sure I didn't catch them all. Sorry. :(
So, review, pleaseness. I will love you forever. And gives you a treat. You wants a treat, right? ^^ -holds out treat basket-
In all seriousness, I really do appreciate those of you who do review. It makes my day. Please continue to make my day. ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story