Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Quidditch Practice

by rawr-ness 3 reviews

Frank has his first Quidditch practice :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-02-21 - Updated: 2010-02-21 - 2640 words

0Unrated
"Mikey, Frank, here now." Mikey and I looked at each other, slightly confused but walked over to Ela as she shoved us into her room.

"What was that for!" Mikey shouted as he got up off the floor. She sighed and sat on the chair next to a desk.

"Remember the three headed dog."

"How could we forget." I said recalling the three headed beast. She smiled as she turned to see Mikey getting comfortable in her bed. Her face turned to disgust when he saw him beginning to sleep. I turned back to her.

"What were you say?" I asked when she wouldn't continue.

"Well... I sort of went back this morning. I saw something I wasn't so sure about before." She took a long pause and I sighed.

"Just tell us."

"We're gonna be late for din din." Ela sighed and threw a pillow at Mikey.

"Anyway, I saw a trap door under the dog. You know what that means right?"

"It's guarding something. What is it?"

"I don't know. But it has to be something valuable for a dog that big."

"Or something dangerous."

"Or both." Mikey said as he walked out the door and closed it behind him. Ela and I looked at each other with wide eyes. I didn't have to read her mind to know that her head was roaming with possibilities that could be under that trap door.

"Let's go, we'll be late." I managed to break the long silence and she nodded. I opened the door for her and she smiled, running to catch up to Mikey, I felt arms being brought around me and turned my head to see Gerard resting his head on my shoulder.

"Hi Gee." I kissed his cheek and saw him blush. I smiled and pulled him so that he was next to me.

"Ready for dinner?" He asked me. I nodded and he picked me up off my feet and ran with me all the way to the main hall. He put me down, Bert standing in Gerard's way
[haha, Gerard Way... get it, nevermind back to the story :P]

"What do you want Bert?" Gerard said, stepping closer to him, making himself seem taller.

"Don't act like your any more manlier than me, Way. Your the one prancing around with your boyfriend." He spat back. Gerard looked at his shoes and then at me.

"At least I have someone in my life, McCracken. Who are you with? Oh right -- your mum."

Gerard chuckled and I managed to hold back a smile. Bert stared at him in disgust and then at me. He turned around and stormed into the dining hall. Gerard laughed and gave me a hug.

"Can I show you something after diner?"

"Uh... sure. What is it?" I said slightly confused.

"I'm not telling you." He laughed and grabbed my hand walking me into the dining hall. Ela and Mikey were already sitting, eating away at the delicious food.

Gerard sat me down, and Alice came skipping toward our table.

"Hello Frank." Her voice sang. I noticed that instead of her purple streaks in her hair were now her natural brown and the tips were dyed light green. I smiled and slid over a bit so that she could sit down. She smiled and sat down next to me.

"Haw du you chunge yer heir like dat?" Mikey said, a sandwich loaded into his mouth. Alice laughed and took her wand out of her pocket.

"A simple spell I use to change it back to my natural color and then to a different one on certain parts."

"OH! Can you try it on me?!" I asked jumping up and down. She smiled and nodded.

"What color and where?"

"Hmm... black?" She sighed, as if disappointed I picked such a boring color. I sighed and stopped her when her she moved her hand towards my hair.

"Then do the tips of my bangs... orange?" She smiled, seeming proud and muttered something as she waved her wand in front of my face.

I felt the tip of her wand touch my hair and looked at my bangs, seeing them turn lighter and lighter until it turned bright orange.

"That's so cool!" I shouted, wishing my hair was longer so I got a better look at it. I continued trying to push it down further so I could see it clearly.

Alice laughed as I struggled to look at my hair, and took a mirror out her pocket handing it to me. I noticed she also added the black I asked her. I smiled as I inspected myself in the mirror.

"This is insanely awesome, thank you Alice." I gave her a big hug as she smiled.

"Okay I need to breathe." I laughed and let her go, handing her back her mirror.

"I'll teach you the spell later, right now, it looks like you got a package." I turned around and saw several owls heading toward me, holding a large package on their feet. Hedwig came behind them, holding a letter.

The package landed right in front of me, and Hedwig's letter right on top. I wanted to open the package up but decided to open the letter first, I was glad I did. When I turned around to look at Alice, she was already skipping back to her table.


DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE. It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at seven o’clock for your first training session. Professor McGonagall

I handed the letter to Mikey and he smiled widely.

"I've never even touched one before.” His eyes wide as he looked at the broom.

"Gerard, what time is it?" I asked, hoping I hand enough time to open it before practice.

"Six o'clock, why do you ask? What's in the package?"

"I'll tell you later, alright," I kissed him on the cheek and took the broom with me. He watched me leave and Mikey followed quickly behind me.

Bert came out from the stairs and stood in front of us. I sighed as he looked at the package, smiling widely.

"What's that you got there, Iero?" He grabbed the package and moved his hands up and down it. He threw it back, giving me a cold glare.

"That's a broomstick, first years aren't allowed broomsticks, Iero." Before I could say anything, Professor Flitwick appeared behind Bert and his two followers who I honestly didn’t notice before.

"Aren't arguing, I hope boys." He said, his voice getting slightly higher. I shook my head and jumped when Bert's booming voice interrupted the almost silence in the room.

"Professor, Frank's been sent a broomstick in the post.” His finger pointing at me as if we were both young children and I had done something bad.

"Yes, yes, I've been told." Professor Flitwick beamed with pride. "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, Iero. And what model is it?" I smiled as I looked at Bert's reaction. His jaw dropped, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. I tried not to laugh.

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, sir." Bert's expression changed from disbelief to pure jealousy. I had a tough time trying to keep the laughs inside me that wanted to burst through. "And it's really thanks to Bert that I got this, here broom." I smiled at him as he closed his eyes and shook his head.

I smiled and Mikey and I walked upstairs to the Gryffindor common room. We spoke the password and went inside, tearing open the paper.

"Wow," Mikey gasped as he ran his hand lightly over it's body. Even I, who didn't know a thing about broomsticks or Quidditch, thought that the broom was rather beautiful. It was sleek, shiny, Nimbus 2000 was written on the top of the broom in bright gold letters.

We heard the portrait close behind us and we turned around, seeing Gerard standing in front of it. His eyes wide as he stared at the broomstick in front of me and Mikey.

"This was the package. Blimey, Frank, you could've told me." I laughed and he came closer, running his hand over it, so lightly, I thought he felt like he was going to break it if he put anymore pressure on it.

"What time is it?" I asked, remembering that I had practice at seven.

"Um... six forty-five." I took the broom and ran out of the portrait hole, running straight onto the Quidditch field.

I knew I was early, because Oliver Wood was no where around. I waited a couple of minutes, but grew rather bored of waiting and I was eager to test out the broom.

I hopped onto the broom and felt my self be lifted off the ground and into the sky. I smiled as I flew toward the goal posts, moving in and out, all around them. I laughed, never really recalling when I had such a great time. It felt great, flying. The broom turned easily, with the lightest touch it moved the way I wanted.

"IERO! COME DOWN HERE!" I looked down to see Wood staring at me, a smiled played on his face, telling me he wasn't mad. I smiled and floated back down, landing right in front of him.

"I can see what Professor McGonagall was talking about. You're a natural. I'm gonna be teaching you the basic rules of Quidditch tonight, alright. Then you'll be attending practice three times a week.” I nodded and he turned around opening a small, black crate. Inside were four, different sized balls.

"Right," Wood said. "Now, Quidditch is easy enough to understand, even though it's not that easy to play. There are seven players, three of them, which are chasers. Got it so far?"

"Seven players, three chasers. Got it." He smiled and took out a bright red ball out of the crate. It was about the size of a soccer ball.

"This ball is called the Quaffle," said Wood. "The Chasers throw the Quaffle to each other and try to get it through one of the goal posts to score a goal. Ten points every time the Quaffle goes thorough one of the goals. Follow me?"

"The Chasers throw the Quaffle and put it through the hoops to score," I recited. "So it's sort of like basketball. Only with six hoops and broomsticks.”

"What's basketball?" asked Wood with an eyebrow raised. A small laughed slipped through my lips as I shook my head. "Never mind." He shrugged and continued with our lesson.

"Now, there's another played on each side who's called the Keeper - I'm the keeper for Gryffindor. I have to fly around the goal posts to keep the other team from scoring."

"Three Chasers, one Keeper and they play with the Quaffle. Then what are those for?" I asked nodding my head to the other balls in the crate.

"I'll show you now," Wood said. "Take this."

He handed me a small club, sort of shaped like a baseball bat, only smaller.

"I'm going to show you what the Bludgers do, these two are Bludgers." The two balls in the crate were a jet black color. I noticed how it looked like they were trying to break free from the latches that kept them in their crate.

"Stand back," warned Wood. He bent down and freed one of the Bludgers. At once, the black ball rose up into the air, then headed straight down to hit my face. I swung the small bat to stop it from breaking my nose, sending it zig-zagging away across the field. After awhile, it came back zooming towards Wood. He managed to catch it and pin it to the ground, then place it back into the crate.

"See," He panted when he finished placing the Bludger back in its place. "The Bludgers rocket around, trying to knock players off their brooms. That's why you have two Beaters on each team - the Way twins, Gerard and Jason, are ours. It's their job to protect their side from the Bludgers and try to knock them toward the other team. So - you think you got all that?"

"Three Chasers try and score with the Quaffle; the Keeper guards the goal posts; the Beaters keep the Bludgers away from their team," I said, hoping I would be able to remember all that.

"Perfect," smiled Wood.

"Er -- have the Bludgers ever killed anyone?" I said, feeling slightly nervous about games.

"Never at Hogwarts," Wood reassured me. "We've had a couple of broken jaws but nothing worse than that. Now, the last member of the team is the Seeker. That's you. And you don't have to worry about the Quaffle or the Bludgers --"

"Unless they crack my head open." Wood let out a chuckle at my feared expression and shook his head.

"No worries, the Ways are more than a match for the Bludgers, I mean - their like a pair of human Bludgers themselves."

Plus Gerard's always overprotective of me, I added in my thoughts silently. Wood nodded with a smile, as if he heard them. I shook it off as he reached in the crate for a smaller, golden ball.

It looked about the size of a golf ball. It was a shiny gold color, and little, silver, fluttering wings on it.

"This," said Wood. "Is the Golden Snitch, and it's the most important ball of the lot. It's very hard to catch because it's so fast and difficult to see. It's the Seeker's job to catch it. You've got to weave in and out of the Chasers, Beaters, Bludgers, and Quaffle to get it before the other team's Seeker, because whichever Seeker catches the Snitch wins his team an extra hundred and fifty points. So they nearly always win. That's why the Seekers get fouled so much. A game of Quidditch only ends when the Snitch is caught - so games can go on for ages. I think the record is three months, they had to keep bringing in substitutes so the players could get some sleep." Wood chuckled, probably imagining what that game would've been like.

"So... that's it. Any questions?" I shook my head. I understood what I had to do, doing it was probably gonna be the problem.

"We won't practice with the Snitch tonight. It's too dark, we might lose it." Oliver Wood took out several golf balls from his pocket, and within minutes we were both in the air. He was throwing them in every direction for me to catch, I didn't miss a single one. After half-an-hour of practice, it had gotten too dark to carry on and we flew back onto the ground. Wood was delighted, by the expression on his face.

"That Quidditch cup'll have our name on it this year. I know it will." He smiled proudly. I forced a smile.

He looked at me, his expression full of sympathy and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Your mum and dad would've been real proud of you, Iero. I know they would." I looked up at him, seeing him smile widely.

I grabbed my broom and walked back to the Gryffindor common room, thinking of my parents.

...
okay im sorry i haven't updated this in ages but i've been extremely busy the past couple of weeks with school work and all that
plus i lost my power during the east coast blizzard [anyone who lives on the east coast of the USA knows what im talking about haha] anyway i hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and im sorry i took so long to update
~rawr~ ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story