Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires at New Jersey

Mikey Way's Journal

by rawr-ness 2 reviews

A peek inside Mikey's journal :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2010-02-21 - Updated: 2010-02-21 - 1018 words

1Original
Mikey's Point of View

I sighed, turning my head and noticed Frank was still fast asleep in his hotel bed. I took the small leather book out from under my pillow and brought it over to the bathroom. I sat in the bathtub and grabbed the thin pen behind my ear.

I didn't care how weird it was to sit in a bath tub as you write, I did it anyway. It brought me comfort somehow, I didn't really understand it but I didn't bother to question it too much.

I flipped through the pages in my journal. I bought it the day Frank ran away, I stopped at a bookstore near the bar he was at and decided to buy it. I was thinking of using it for Gee's artwork, something he could used when we made our way back to Jersey, but it's been several months since I've seem my brother. I decided to use it the same day I bought it, then just rip out the pages and give it to Gee, though we haven't found him yet.

I read the last entry and felt tears run down my cheeks.


January 23rd, 2009,
It's been ages since I've seen my brother. I'm starting to question whether or not he's still alive. I haven't heard anything at all from Alex, it's getting me worried. Frank seems to be... drifting away from me. We've seemed rather close when we first met, now, now I'm lucky to get simple smile from him. I wonder how hard this must all be on him, I don't think I could even imagine. I knew he loved my brother and sister. It became to much when Alex got involved in my friend's love life. I think it was too much for any of them to handle. A couple of peeks into Frank's mind in the past told me that he couldn't, and didn't want to chose between them. I didn't have to read his mind to know that if he
had to pick, that it would definitely be Gerard. Alex didn't have to read his mind to see it either. She wasn't blind that he loved him more than her. She's strong, she would live with it. She knew her brother couldn't live without Frank, and she believed Frank would die for him as well.
As for my brother... I don't know where he is, like I said before. I wish I did, I'm missing him more and more with every passing day. We're in Colorado, he's doing a good job at hiding. He doesn't want to be found. He's masking his scent, using different scents t cover up his. He's clever, I'll give him that much. I'm worried we'll never find him, and Frank is growing anxious with every hour. Alex won't answer my mail and now, I'm just wondering if my family as disappeared from the face of the earth.
I'll leave everything like that, I think Frank woke up.
~Mikey



I took the pen in my hand and wrote a new entry. That was about a month ago. It's February, again, still no sign of my brother. I sighed, wiping my tears and began to write.


February 14th, 2009,
It's been a little under a month since I wrote you last. I haven't bothered attempting to communicate with my sister any more. She never answers. Things seemed to have changed a bit over the past couple weeks. Frank has resorted to drinking and self harm whenever he can. He sneaks away from me at times and goes to the nearest bar to get drunk. The bruises and scratches I have received from trying to pry that boy away from his beer. We need to find Gerard, and soon.
As for Frank's self harming, it's not doing much to him. He's only done it about twice, but that's only when I caught him. I'm worried he does it behind my back. Gerard's departure is really getting to him. No teenager should go through this kind of torture. I don't care if Gerard was my brother, Frank needed me more and I was gonna give the man hell when he come back.
He wasn't a man, he was a boy for running away from his problems. I still have the letter he wrote me when I found out he left.
"Mikey, you are becoming a strong and incredible man. More than a man I'll ever be."
Correction, older brother of mine. You are no where near being a man. Your a coward for running away. If you want everything to be better, come back to me, come back to your sister. Come back to your boyfriend who you said you loved so dearly. Running away from those who love you most is just pathetic, running away from your fears is pathetic. I dare you to come back and see what you have done. Your boyfriend is drinking and attempts suicide every now and then. Your sister is dead for all I know. Just come back, and make everything right again.
~Michael James Way



I through the pen at the sink and placed my book next to the tub. I held myself, feeling cold suddenly. I wanted my brother back, and I was determined to make everything right once again. Whatever it took. Tears escaped my eyes and I heard the door creak open. I wiped my tears quickly as the shower curtain was pulled back. I didn't want to show Frank I was weak and crying. It would only hurt him more.

Though the person who was behind the shower curtain wasn't indeed my best friend, but my brother who I hadn't seen in ages.


...
It's short but I think it came out pretty good :)
Please review, I want to know if people actually read this and if you do, I wanna know if you like it. I don't care if it's harsh criticism, I want to know what you guys think!
Sorry it took me so long to update. I probably will update more sooner, and try to update more regularly.
Bye! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story