Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Death Note II - Life Note

Trouble?

by Dariadarr 0 reviews

Is it that bad when you don't show up one day which makes your god having to wait another day in this half dead living hell? Is it so bad to go against what you used to stand for by tearing it all ...

Category: Death Note - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Yagami Raito - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-03-01 - Updated: 2010-03-02 - 1377 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5

“Where were you?” Light asked furious. “I kinda ran into an old friend.” I apologized.
“Well this friend of yours better have been important to delay our lives by a day!” Light shouted. “Jeeze it hasn’t even been a day and you already broke your promise.” He pointed out.
“Wait, how’d you know that?” I asked shocked. I never told him that.
“I figured it out when you never came and when Mikami was almost in dream mode.”
“And you just told him.” Mikami said.
“Oh, well I’m really sorry I’ll do my best to come everyday.” I promised.
“Well who is this friend of yours that made you forget about us?” Light asked.
“Uhh, Mello.” I answered not sure as to how they would take it, since Mello was one of the people in God’s way of perfecting this world.
“What!” Light and Mikami shouted at the same time. “Sukai you do know Mello is an enemy, don’t you. You shouldn’t be friends with him.” Light told me. My heart almost broke. Even though I hadn’t really known Mello for long and we only kissed a couple of time’s I still had a deep feeling for him. Though I didn’t let my face show how I really felt.
“Well why not?” I asked. “I mean you worked with L and he was your enemy. Besides Mello is dead there’s no way he can tell anyone what we’re planning anyway.” I argued.
“Well that’s because I was ready to start working with the enemy and you’re not. But still you need to be careful.” He warned and I rolled my eye’s. Pfft oh please as if I wasn’t careful. I may not look like much but if I had stayed at Wammy’s and if Near had died I would be one of the people who would be his successor. I thought.
“Look god it’s fine I’ll be careful I always am even if it doesn’t look like it. Which is why I won’t be suspected as Kira.” I said.
“Are you going to school?” Father asked.
“School?” I laughed. “Oh please Father I’d be at the very top of my class. I know more than the text books.”
“Hmm that’s suspicious. A fifteen year old girl who doesn’t go to school hardly leaves the house, talks to things that aren’t there and when she does leave the house she’s going to random strangers houses and not school.” Mikami went on.
“People could think your doing something like drugs, especially with those bags under your eyes.” Light said.
“I have sleeping disorders. I can’t only sleep after I’ve come back from these worlds. It comes with the girt.” I fought.
“Yeah tell that to the cops.” Light said.
“But if I did go to school then how am I going to give justice to all those who deserve it?” I asked.
“In between periods and brakes. You should know that.”
“But then I’ll be making the same mistakes as you did. L noticed the pattern and soon figured out that Kira was a student.” I pointed out.
“Yes I know that. That’s why I took the Death Note to the next level.”
“In which you should have done that first. You’re smart. You should of done that right from the beginning. See if I was going to go to school then I would look up so criminals write them down on a piece of paper and take it to school with me along with the Death Note pages. I’d then write down the names when I first arrive, once in every period and maybe a couple of times at Interval and Lunch. And if I still have some names left then I’d write them down on the way home. That way there would be not pattern and when I’m researching I’d give justice to a few at random times and of course when I get home at a regular bassist that way there’d be no pattern and Near wouldn’t know what type of person this is or how old they are.” I explained.
“That would take up a lot of pages and you’d soon run out.” Light said.
“Don’t worry I’m going to get my own Death Note from the help of Ryuk. I have a plan.”
“Oh really? And what does this plan of yours involve?”
“Ryuk taking me to the Shinigami realm and tricking the king to give him a new Death Note.”
“Hmm what would happen if this plan didn’t work out?” Mikami asked.
“Then we abandon mission and as quickly as possible go back to the human world.” I smiled.
“But wouldn’t the King of the Shinigami be able to kill both you and Ryuk?” Mikami asked.
“Well no Ryuk would just be demoted and for some odd reason I can’t be killed with the Death Note. Well from what I’ve learned I can’t be.” Light’s right eyebrow went up with a questioning look on his face. I made my eyes big and wide and gave god a ‘What the hells going on?’ look.
“Do you know why?” Light asked.
“Not one clue. Unfortunately Jealous won’t tell me and he must be threatening Ryuk cause Ryuk won’t tell me anything either.” I sighed.

“Hey cheer up.” Mello said as I finished telling him about my dreadful day. I sighed again. “I just wish it was easier.” I moaned.
“We all have good day’s and bad day’s. Today was just one of those days where it was dreadful but tomorrow will be better.” He smiled his warm smile that made me feel like singing and dancing if I was any good at it.
“Yeah I guess tomorrow will be better. I get to see Near again and alert him about Kira. Or am I going with Ryuk to the Shinigami world?” I wondered. Mello clenched and the thought of Near. “Hey relax.” I said in a soothing voice putting my hand on Mello’s shoulder. “Near will be gone soon. And you will be back.”
“Its just, Nears gotten all the credit and he didn’t do all the work! I found out a lot about Kira and nothing went to me! And of course L. If it wasn’t for everything that L found out then Near wouldn’t have gotten anywhere and Kira could have won! Why didn’t L or I get any say in it?” Mello complained. I twitched at how obsessed Mello was with beating Near to find out who Kira was so they could lock him away.
“I, I don’t know.” I sighed. “We’re so alike but so different. You want to catch and make Kira a end, in which he is, but I’m in the middle of bringing him back. How will this ever work?” I asked.
“You’re what!” Mello shouted. “Sling how could you turn your back on this? You even gave a few pointers in ways to catch Kira and we used one of them and it partly worked! How could you just change sides like that?”
“Remember how I always new that I had a family and I was willing to change anything about me to be like them?” I asked my voice somber. Mello nodded his head. “Well I found my Father.”
“Sling that’s wonderful!” Mello said hugging me. He always had a soft spot for family since he never had one that he knew of.
“Yeah well he’s Teru Mikami.” Mello let go of me and stared.
“He’s one of the people who helped Kira!” Mello freaked. “
Also known as the fifth Kira. Blah, blah, blah. Since my Fathers on Kira’s side I feel that I to must help support Kira and what left I have of my family and bring back Kira,” I paused. “just like I am with you.” I smiled to him. It took Mello a while but he returned it.
Sign up to rate and review this story