Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Death Note II - Life Note

From A Different View

by Dariadarr 0 reviews

Mello's back on earth. His first day and mission. (yea not as good as the other chapters, sorry about the wait)

Category: Death Note - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-05-17 - Updated: 2010-05-18 - 660 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6

“I’m going now but I’ll be back.” I told Mello. “There’s chocolate in the fridge if you want some.” I said popping a lollypop into my mouth.
“But we just got back.” Mello complained not wanting to be alone again. After first being back from the dead things were scary and you weren't yourself. Remembering what the old Mello was like I gueesed this was just a small pre life thing or the fact that he'd spent years on his own suffering but I knew the wounds would heal soon.
“I know but I promised Kira and Dad I’d go back everyday so they don’t have to wait extra days to bring them back.” I sighed. Though I had to stay true to my promise I didn’t want to leave Mello alone.
“Okay but don’t be to long.”
“Try and get some sleep.” I said softly kissing Mello on the cheek then circling God and Dad’s names and closed my eyes.

-Mello-
After watching Sukai go I realized that I was hungering for the sweet taste of chocolate that I hadn't had in years. I walked into the kitchen opening the fridge and grabbed out the first chocolate bar on the stack. I paused wondering if I should do one of those slow motion bites like on the movies when their about to eat the thing that would make the bad guy powerful. Deciding that I'd waited long enough and on the movies something usually happens I teared into the chocolate bar and moaned at the pleasure of the choclatey goodness. Taking a couple more and shoving them into my jacket pockets I decided to take a walk around and see how the world had changed with Kira gone. I stopped for a second and saw familiar pages of the Death Note on the counter. The very girl that I grew up with and fell for at the first sight in the Limbo world was trying to achieve the opposite thing that I had died to achieve. Still staring at the pages I remembered the trip back to this world. Since I was dead and was being revived I took a different way to Sukai's. In that route her Guardian Shinigami, what was his name? Jealous, had told me the costs of it. I was bound to her will. If I betrayed her then my life would start to fade away and my soul would be lost in another worse limbo. And if she wanted to she could send me back to Limbo or to Heaven, or Hell. Jealous also had told me that by coming back to the living world it would take a number or certain years off her human life and by choosing to put me back she would gain them again. I wondered what type of existence I would have. I told myself that bringing Kira back would be a good thing for this world, but I couldn't agree with myself. Was it really worth it? Options: Help Kira Rise Again: Life, The girl I loved, chocolate, go against what I stood for in the Kira revolution. Don't Help Kira Rise Again: Death, Be sent back to Limbo, I'll have no one, No Chocolate, Know I had nothing to do with the Rise of Kira. Unfortuneately the better options weighed towards helping Kira. Even more unfortuneate I couldn't try and stop it.
I started to turn to pick up the pages then remembered that if I did I'd see a Shinigami, and that the last Shinigami that came with the last Death Note quite loved the chocolate I gave him and had almost cleaned out my stash. If these pages were from the same Death Note or if this Shinigami also loved chocolate . . . I pulled my hand back deciding I wasn't in the mood for sharing and headed for the door. Maybe changing sides was so bad?
Sign up to rate and review this story