Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Photograph

"Holy shit..."

by Disenchantedxo 7 reviews

The night of the concert :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-03-11 - Updated: 2010-03-11 - 2205 words

5Exciting
Okay sorry guys i know its been another long wait for an update but i have been freakin busy all week! Stupid exams and stuff... so finally heres the next chapter :) hope you guys approve lol. Oooh and btw there is a new character in this chapter which some of you may know, hes in a band but they aint really famous yet. Anyways... read on :P





Charlotte's POV







“What do you mean you can’t go?!” Emily squealed as I casually explained I wouldn’t be going to the concert. We were on our lunch break at work, so this was the best time to tell her.
“Look I’m sorry Emz, but I have other plans tonight.” I blurted out, there was no way in hell I was telling her the real reason.
“Bullshit! You told me a couple of days ago you didn’t have anything planned tonight?” She mumbled against the cigarette that lingered between her lips. She shook her head and dropped the cigarette to the ground before crushing it with her foot and looking up at me suspiciously.

“What?” I asked loudly after a few awkward moments or her staring at me had passed.
“You’re lying Char.” She stated. I felt my heart skip a beat and raised my eyebrow at her, “Lying, about what?” I asked innocently.
“Jesus Christ Charlotte, do you actually think I’m stupid enough to believe half the things you tell me?” She joked and patted my shoulder. I backed away from her a little and watched as her expression turned serious.

“What is the real reason for you not coming tonight… are you nervous or something? Have you ever actually been to a-” Emily started to question but I cut her off knowing fully that if I hadn’t, there’d be a whole list of questions to answer.
“No Emily for crying out loud I’m not nervous and yes I’ve been to a freakin’ concert before.” I stated quickly turning away from her and hoping she’d just drop the subject already. She grabbed onto my arm and spun me back around.

“Then what is it? Please tell me Char… I’m your best friend.” Emily said with a serious yet worried look in her eyes. I inhaled the cool air slowly and furrowed my eyebrows together. I stared at the ground so I wouldn’t have to look at her, “I asked Jason if I could go and he…” I began but stopped myself abruptly. I felt a little tinge of hope in the pit of my stomach as I replayed the conversation I’d had with Jason last night. A grin formed on my lips as I lifted my head to look at Emily through my dark lashes.

Jason hadn’t actually said I couldn’t go to the concert, he basically told me to “Get the fuck out of his sight”. And I would do just that.

“Why are looking at me like you’ve got some sort of evil little plan cooking up in your mind?” Emily asked obviously noticing my slight change of mood.
“Well, It’s not really evil or anything but…”
“But…?” She urged me to keep talking.
“Well when I asked Jase about going with you tonight yeah he was a little pissed off but, he never said I couldn’t go.” I explained to her as my grin widened.
“So… You’ll come?” She asked nearly jumping up and down.
“Yeah, I guess.” I said shrugging and she flung her arms around me embracing me tightly. “Wow – Emz – I can’t – breathe!” I tried to say as she clung onto me and squealed like a fan girl. After a few moments she let me go and sighed excitedly.

“I’m sorry I’m acting like a maniac but I just fucking love this band and I know you will too… we’re gonna have a fucking amazing night!” She exclaimed loudly and I laughed at her eagerness. I’d never seen her act like this before, she was so lively and I knew it was obviously because she was going to meet her “idols” - as she called them. Fuck, I thought, this must be some band…



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



When I got home that day from work, I suddenly felt the blood in my veins heat up and I felt unusually excited. I opened the door and stepped through the silent, dim house that smelled off alcohol and weed. I grimaced and clutched my nose in my palm to block the smell off. I scurried down the stairs to my cellar and rummaged around for something to wear.

Eventually I found a decent enough outfit and it combined of a black vest tee and red skinnies with black converses. It was simple, but cute all the same. I applied my usual heavy black eyeliner and smoothly ran the deep red lipstick over my lips. I glanced in the mirror at my presentable image and nodded before walking back upstairs to wait on Emily.

Jason was out late as usual on a Saturday night, probably getting absolutely stoned at a bar with his drunken mates. I wondered as I waited, what was he going to do to me once he found out I went to the concert? I shivered at the thought and tried to place him outside of my mind for one night.

I almost jumped right off of the couch when I heard the doorbell ring loudly once and then again as I made my way to meet the very impatient girl waiting on my doorstep.
“Hurry up already!” She urged and motioned for me to follow her to the car. I grabbed my bag from the counter and shut the door quickly locking it. I scurried along to the car with Emily and climbed into the back of the sleek black Mercedes. In the front with Emily was her younger brother Nixon - although his first name's actually Kenneth, we all just call him by his second name - who I hadn’t actually seen in what felt like months.

“Hey lil dude, long time no see.” I said teasingly ruffling his hair. He hated it when I did that, he grinned at me in annoyance and started to back out of my driveway.
“Maybe not long enough Char.” He said looking around his shoulder and laughing. I pouted my bottom lip out and folded my arms across my chest, trying to act upset.
“Aw you know I’m just kidin’… In fact it’s been rather boring without you, all Emz talks about are these guys you’re gonna see tonight.” He said rolling his eyes at her and she smacked his shoulder playfully.

“Yeah well they must be some band; I don’t think she’s said one sentence today that doesn’t involve them.” I giggled.
“Oh come on guys… I’m not that obsessed.” She stated.
“Oh yes you are, you literally forced me to come tonight!”
“Oh jeez whatever, you two just don’t understand this band yet. But after tonight Char, you won’t be able to stop talking about them either.” She winked at me in the rear view mirror and grinned. I had to admit though, I was kind of excited.

“Yeah well they aint got nothin’ on my band!” Nixon said suddenly making me jump slightly.
“You’re in a band?” I asked curiously.
“Hell yeah I am. I’m the lead singer.” He said proudly while glancing at me in the mirror.
“What’s the name?” I asked slightly quieter, I didn’t want him to think I was prying in or anything.
“Framing Hanley. We’re doing really well just now actually; we just came off tour with some other bands… You know just supporting them and stuff.”
“Yeah, but that’s how all the big famous bands started out. Just playing at small gigs and supporting other bands, and then they get noticed. Who knows…? Maybe you’ll be a famous rock star one day Nixon!” I exclaimed loudly and received an outburst of laughter from Emily.
“Yeah who knows?” She said sarcastically and ruffled his hair like I’d done earlier. “But you’ll still be my little, retarded brother right?”
“Retarded?! I aint the one who sits up in her room all day staring at some guy on a poster! And jeez will you give it a rest already? I’m seventeen, that’s only a year younger than you.” He stated seriously.

“Aw I know Nixy… I just love to tease you. After all that is what big sisters are for right?” She asked grinning. I sat in the back seat watching them argue playfully like this for the rest of the ride. It made my heart sink a little, I missed having silly arguments like that with my sister.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




When we arrived at the venue I got out of the car with Emily and we waved goodbye to Nixon. Now I could suddenly feel the excitement kicking in as we walked through the venue doors. We were kind of early so there wasn’t much people around.

“Okay Char you gotta help me out here.” Emily said looking up at me with a confused expression.
“What?”
“I don’t have a clue where we’re supposed to meet the band. I mean obviously its backstage or something but I’ve never been in this venue before, have you?” She asked with hopeful eyes. I bit my lip, “Nope, I haven’t been here before but someone around here has got to know where we go.” I said and tugged on her arm as I walked over to a man with an orange sweater on. I was guessing from what he was wearing that he worked here. I tapped his shoulder and smiled brightly.
“Can I help you?” He asked seeming quite frustrated.

“Um yeah actually, we’re kind of lost… We’ve got backstage passes to meet the band tonight and I was wondering if you knew where to go to meet them?” He rolled his eyes at me as I spoke and chewed on the gum in his mouth.

“Down that hall and then you’ll come to a line of dressing rooms, just find the one with their name on it and show the security guy your passes.” He explained really slowly as if we were five year olds asking for directions. I nodded a thank you to him and walked off with Emily down the hall to the dressing rooms.

Even though I’d already forgotten the name of the band, I knew exactly when we’d found their dressing room. Emily squealed loudly and staring bouncing about the place.
“C’mon Emz, do you actually want to meet them or are you just gonna hyperventilate out here all night?” I asked grinning at her as she tried to calm herself down slightly. She breathed slowly and nodded for me to show the security guard our passes. Once he’d checked them and approved of us, he tapped the dressing room door and peered through to check if it was okay for us to go in.

He gave us a reassuring nod and opened the door fully. Emily gripped my hand tightly as we entered and were greeted by the members of My Chemical Romance. I smiled at each of them and tried to memorise their names.

The first one who shook my hand was a tall blonde guy with bright ocean blue eyes.
“Hey, I’m Bob.” He smiled.
“Charlotte.” I said and then realised my voice sounded really nervous and broken. The next guy to introduce himself was a quite a bit smaller than Bob and had short dark hair. Okay Emily had definitely been right on their looks, the two guys I’d met so far were rather hot. His lip ring glistened in the light as he smirked and I then found out his name was Frank.

I glanced over at Emily as she shook his hand after me and I swear I saw her heart melt in her chest. That’s obviously the one she’d told me she liked best in the band. The next member was another tall guy with a really wild afro. As I took in his name – which was Ray – I also looked over his shoulder to see the last two figures standing behind him. He walked over to Emily and I held out my hand ready for the next person.

As soon as that guy took it I instantly felt my heart beat quicken. I realised I’d been staring at the ground, so I looked up to face him. His shaggy black hair hung around his face and his deep hazel eyes peeked through his bangs. I would know those eyes anywhere.
“I’m Ger-” He began to say, but stopped suddenly as he stared at me. His beautiful eyes widened and a smirk formed on his lips. Instead of shaking my hand, he now held it tightly in his and whispered, “Holy shit…”




R&R x
Sign up to rate and review this story