Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Quantum Magic

Necromancers' Hallow

by Terrai 5 reviews

Growing up under the Dursley's care has turned Harry into something different.Craving knowledge with an innate curiosity and virtually no morality will take it's toll. Dark/Intelligent Harry

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,Voldemort - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-03-20 - Updated: 2010-06-18 - 7946 words

5Original
Quantum Magic

Chapter Two: Necromancers' Hallows

Aldrych examined his new features, but also felt a slight change in his magic. It felt more untamed and restless than before, itching to be released. He looked to Ghistok and saw him observing calmly, waiting for a statement.

"Aside from my physical features, I feel that my magic has changed too – I feel more powerful than before. I could always feel my magic thrumming constantly, but now it feels like it's heavily vibrating, itching to be used."

"The ritual we performed removed most of your mother's bloodline which was far less magically powerful than the Peverell line. A controversial topic in the wizarding world right now, but it is widely known by goblins that non-magical blood weakens the magic of a bloodline if infused with it. The Peverell magic was also quite powerful – as they were said to have power over death itself, which I would assume to be a necromantic ability. A folktale in the 'Tales of Beadle the Bard' tells about three brothers of the Peverell namesake.

The story is about three brothers who, traveling together, reach an impassable river. Utilizing their magical abilities, they created a magical bridge to go across safely. Halfway across the bridge, they meet the personification of Death who is angry for losing three potential victims. He pretends to be impressed by them and grants each a wish as a reward. The eldest brother asks for an unbeatable dueling wand. The middle brother asks for the ability to resurrect the dead. The youngest brother does not trust Death and asks for a way to stop Death from following him. Death gives him his cloak of invisibility. Afterwards, the brothers go their separate ways.

The eldest brother, bragging about his powerful wand, is robbed of it and murdered while he is asleep. The middle brother uses his ability to bring back the woman he loved. However, she is not fully alive and is full of sorrow. He kills himself to join her in death. As for the youngest brother, Death never manages to find him, as he stays hidden under his cloak. Many years later, the brother removes his cloak and gives it to his son. Pleased with his achievements, he greets Death as an old friend and chooses to leave with him as an equal,
" finished Ghistok serenely.

"It sounds like a true story, turned myth. The three objects that Death gave the three brothers might have been the creations of the brothers in reality. All three items imbued with necromantic magic would surely give, the person using either object, power over death," Aldrych mused aloud.

Ghistok smiled at him "You are quite clever for a child, Mr. Peverell. The three objects mentioned, are named the Deathly Hallows by those who know of it. The unbeatable wand is called the Elder Wand, the ability mentioned capable of resurrecting the dead, Resurrection Stone, and the third item granting everlasting concealment, Cloak of Invisibility. The brothers were named Antioch, Cadmus, and Ignotus, in order of when mentioned in the tale. You might be able to find more about these items, and the story of the brothers in the Peverell vault. Ignotus put a protection on the vault we believe to be Necromantic in origin and only allows those of his bloodline to pass."

Aldrych who was avidly listening to Ghistok's descriptions of the items, snapped out of his thoughts when hearing about the vault. He was enthralled by the Deathly Hallows, and if the according information is correct, it would mean they inherently belonged to him now. Hearing of the Elder wand had reminded him of a question he wanted to ask.

"On the way to the bank, I noticed that wizarding people used wands for all of their magic purposes. Are they required for magic?"

"Magic wands are foci which augment and focus the magic in your body, and form it into a type of energy based on the incantation you cast. Incantations are usually Latin, and give various effects to your magic such as stunning someone, conjuring flames, or charming a person to dance uncontrollably. There are thousands of these incantations and more are being created by wizards and witches every day. Though most of them nowadays think that this is the only magic; long ago magic was conjured by force of will alone, without any foci. Wands were invented simply to create more branches of magic and increase the Wizard's own substantial power, not be replaced completely," Ghistok explained.

Aldrych looked surprised at the foolishness of the wizards, and why they would stunt their own power. Ghistok noticing his confused expression, elaborated.

"It's mainly due to politics and stagnation. After the wizarding world split from the non-magical world in 1692, they have been devolving ever since. While the non-magical world continued on expanding their knowledge and minds with science, Wizards relied too heavily on magic to solve everything. They forgot the most important lesson – that magic is a tool to be used, how well it is used depends on the intelligence and ingenuity of the user. The Ministry of Magic also found that it was easier to control the populace if the common power of a wizard or witch was weakened and they were forced to rely on wands. With the help of the Pureblood elitists they excluded most things to do with the non-magical world, and integrated the use of wands fully into education. Many now can't even do the simplest of wandless spells."

It sounded idiotic to Aldrych, that the Wizarding world would slowly weaken themselves for simple control and power. Governments were pointless in his opinion; they did more harm than good and only served to keep the more stupidly violent population in check.

"I noticed that Goblins don't use wands at all, and use their own form of magic. How come you don't try to augment your magic further with magic wands just like wizards did before, except regulating the use of them to keep both methods available"

"Wizards think we goblins are inferior creatures, both in mind and magic. They arrogantly claim they have the highest form of magic and that the rest were just meant to be servants who don't deserve wands. They either forced the other magical races into subservience like goblins and centaurs, or outright enslaved others such as the old elfin race. Many rebellions have occurred, but most were in vain since Wizards have much more numerous numbers behind them, leaving us as second rate citizens," Ghistok said contemptuously.

"Arrogance begets stupidity in my opinion, though I have to admit I was a bit surprised when I first noticed other sentient beings such as Goblins, but after meeting you and conversing, I find Humans much more unintelligent. Though I have not met any intelligent wizards so far, it seems in general they are arrogant and short sighted. I regard people more on merit and intelligence; it gives the fairest results." Aldrych confessed.

Ghistok was surprised by this, though not as much as he would be if he hasn't had this conversation. He had noticed the young magic user was wiser than most wizards he had met and a fair few goblins as well. He regarded Aldrych with a fair bit more respect after his words.

"Wise words… you act more as a sorcerer than a wizard, it is a shame not many of them are still alive. Though there are not many differences between wizards and sorcerers save the style of their magic, they always did have a different attitude than wizards did. You will surely make a fair few friends within the magic races with a personality like that."

Aldrych gave a kind nod to Ghistok, he had never had many conversations in his life before and if he did they were never long. Just then, the door creaked behind them and a goblin walked in with a few pieces of parchment. He went up to Ghistok and handed them to him, bowing; turning back around, he bowed the same to Aldrych and walked back out.

"Ah, here are the balance sheets of all your vaults as well as the percentage of investments and other details we have added," Ghistok said, handing the papers to Aldrych.

Taking them gently, he began to read…

Potter – incorporated back into Peverell,

Trust vault 687 - 16,000 Galleons – 8,500 Sickles – 5,500 Knuts

Family vault 701 – 674,371 Galleons – 620,628 Sickles – 545,930 Knuts

Various precious gems and stones, most known – Griffin's Ruby

Light oriented magic books, included battle-magic and healing


Investments and stock, various investments throughout wizarding world, most noted countries of Britain, Germany and France.

40% Stock, Honeydukes

15% Stock, Magical Menagerie

13% Stock, Quality Quidditch Supplies

34% Stock, Gérard's Qualitäts-Bekleidung

28% Stock, Apothekes' Lieferungen

17% Stock, Dupont's Qualité Littérature


Properties,


Godric's Hollow, Destroyed

Potter Manor (Reedham, Norfolk)

Marauders' Shack (Tinworth, Cornwall)


Peverell

Family vault 793 – 987 Galleons – 678 Sickles – 421 Knuts

Ancient books and journals, unknown variety


Investments and stock,


60% Ownership of Godric's Hollow (Wizarding portion)


Properties,


Peverell Manor, Heavily Warded (Godric's Hollow)

Owner, Aldrych Peverell


Handled by Gringotts Wizarding Bank


Eyes widening the further Aldrych read, upon reaching the end they were close to twitching. He was dumbstruck at the amount of information he was kept from his entire life, forced to believe that he was penniless and a servant.

"This is quite a lot – how much is the currency exchange for non-magical money such as the British pound sterling?"

"That is varied depending on the setting. Non-magical born children have families who would have to pay for their supplies, and in their case it would be around £5 to a Galleon, magically charmed to not be sellable in their world. However if we were to trade with non-magical banks and companies, it would be proportionate to the amount of gold each coin is worth. All of our coins are gold, silver, or bronze metals instead of the paper currency used by the non-magical world. If estimated on that exchange, each Galleon could be worth in the hundreds," Ghistok said grinning.

"Quite the fortune I have then… Are both the manors available occupiable?" questioned Aldrych.

Ghistok thought for a moment and answered "The Potter Manor was lived in not too long ago, so it should be more than fine to live in. Peverell Manor however, I do not know. It was lost into history due to its powerful wards and never uncovered, but you should be able to find more about that in your vaults. There should be Portkeys to the Potter Manor inside the family vault as well. Shall I arrange for you to be taken to both of your vaults, as they have not been merged yet?"

Aldrych nodded, "Thank you for all the information you've given me Ghistok, it was a pleasure meeting you. I look forward to expanding my investments and profit further with you under the Peverell name, and may you have good fortune throughout your days," he said respectfully.

"May your gold flow well, Lord Peverell, your confidentiality is safe with me," Ghistok replied back formally.

A moment later, a goblin walked in who turned to Ghistok awaiting orders.

"Bogrod take Mr. Peverell to both the Potter family vault and the Peverell family vault."

Bogrod motioned for Aldrych to follow him, who waved a farewell to Ghistok and proceeded after the exiting goblin.

'He has an interesting mindset for one so young, it should be interesting see how he will lead his life. Hmm, and Dumbledore should be coming around soon to check on what has happened to him no doubt. That will be quite fun, he'll certainly be reminded that goblins are quite clever,' Ghistok thought grinning toothily.

.-.-.

Farther north in the highlands of Scotland, Hogwarts Castle stood gloriously in the afternoon May breeze. Albus Dumbledore was sitting in his office, reading a book when one of his trinkets started whizzing and spinning making a high pitched noise. The Headmaster looked up from his work to look curiously at the trinket. All at once, more trinkets began ringing around the room startling Dumbledore out of his wits. He looked around and noticed the reacting trinkets were all linked to Harry Potter. Jumping up quickly, he headed to his most important ones and observed the results.

The Health Reporter showed healthy which is normal, but the Locater trinket attuned to Harry's magic was spinning in every direction at an incredible rate. It was as though Harry Potter didn't exist anymore, or was outside the boundaries of time and space. Albus immediately donned a light cloak and set out to inform Professor McGonagall that he was leaving. He decided to check up on Harry immediately and see if he could fix the problem. Rushing to McGonagall's quarters, Albus saw her sitting at her desk grading papers. Classes for that day had only just ended an hour ago.

"Minerva my dear, I have to go check up on something. It shouldn't take too long and I should be back before the night, look after things while I'm gone" he said hurriedly while quickly exiting right back out the door.

Minerva pursed her lips thinly at the eccentricity of the Headmaster and decided to let it go. She knew he always had to go do one thing or another so it wasn't a bother anymore. Albus rushed out through the entrance of the grounds and headed to Hogsmeade, outside of the Anti-Apparition wards. Upon reaching the exterior of the wards, he silently Disillusioned himself and apparated with a quiet crack. Appearing on the lawn of the Dursleys, Albus looked around to see if any muggles were in sight and when not locating any canceled the spell on him. Knocking on the door he waited for an answer, which came moments later by a frantic Petunia.

"MORE FREAKS! CAN'T YOU ALL JUST LEAVE US ALONE?" she yelled hysterically until she noticed that the man in robes was the headmaster of Lily's school. She shrieked and closed the door hurriedly and ran back to Vernon and Dudley. Albus was getting quite annoyed and cast an unlocking spell on the door and proceeded inside. Noticing the Dursleys in the living room, kneeling by their son Dudley who looked injured, he voiced his question.

"Where is Harry?"

"That freak of yours attacked my little Dudley for absolutely no reason, than set off running away to god knows where!" Petunia yelled spitefully.

Startled and confused, he decided to use Legilimency to learn about what happened and why, knowing that is was time for desperate measures. Entering Petunia's mind, he searched her memories of Harry's childhood and looked through them sparingly. Each memory he viewed caused his face to twist further in grief and horror. He didn't think it was possible that someone's own family would treat them like that, regardless of differences in belief or abilities. Images of various beatings and hurtful words thrown at Harry caused Albus to feel great anger, more than he had felt in a while. He moved on painfully to the apparent confrontation between Harry and relatives, and reeled in shock at the memory.

Harry at only 9 years of age used a sort of wandless magic he rarely seen before. He had certainly read about the days when wizards used both powerful wandless magic and wands simultaneously, even learned some of it, but for a child to do this was amazing. Albus also noticed that Harry was very unforgiving, though this had been understandable considering the maltreatment he received at his keepers' hands.

'Harry's face showed little remorse when he threw his cousin's body into the wall, proving that he did not act like a child anymore. I think I might have squandered the light's hope in the coming return of the dark with my short-sightedness. My belief in love and family had done nothing but traumatize a child's life solely because of the spite and hate of his supposed family,' Albus thought bitterly.

He retreated from Petunia's memories and back into reality, where the Dursleys were staring at Dumbledore with no ill-disguised contempt. At their expressions his anger which he was trying to calm, sparked up again.

"Despicable – you treat your own nephew like a diseased animal simply because he had magical abilities! You give muggles the ill-hated medieval attitude that sets most of the magical world against you. Hating someone simply because they are different from you is as much tolerance as the Pureblood wizards who hate you show," Albus muttered angrily.

Vernon got up from his position on the floor, and went right up to Albus, "ALL OF YOU FREAKS ARE DANGEROUS AND INSANE. YOU DARE TO COME INTO MY HOUSE AND CRITICIZE HOW I TREAT SOME FREAK WHO YOU LEFT HERE BY YOUR OWN CHOICE! I ONLY GAVE WHAT THE LITTLE BASTARD DESERVED, ALWAYS WALKING AROUND WITH HIS SMUG ATTITUDE," he yelled, facial features etched in rage.

Albus' hold on his emotions finally cracked and magic ripped out from his body engulfing the room in a suffocating, sapphire energy. The Dursleys immediately backed away, quivering and holding themselves in a fetal position against the wall, while Dudley who was still shaken from his early experience, only seemed to get worse. Albus knowing that if he did not reign back in his magic and emotions, he would do something he would regret later. Calming himself down using Occlumency, he pulled his fierce aura back inside and started taking relaxing breaths. Opening his eyes he noticed the Dursleys were cowering above their son, not even daring to look at him after the outburst.

Looking at them with disdain, Albus knew they would never tell anyone of magic, simply fearing to be abnormal from their peers. In caution he still repaired the damage he caused, and altered their memories so that they remembered him coming to pick up Harry and leaving peacefully. Stunning them quickly he placed them on the couch and healed any injures they sustained regretfully. Turning on their peculiar viewing system so they would think they simply dozed off; Albus quickly exited the house and took a few breaths of the vastly refreshing evening air.

Knowing he had to find Harry and explain things to him before his personality became more hateful and dark, Albus repeated the confrontation in his mind again. He saw that Harry had asked his Aunt about Diagon Alley and where it was located. After some forethought, he took out his wand and a quiet crack sounded off into the eventide.

.-.-.

"Vault 701 – Potter family vault," Bogrod announced stepping out of the trolley.

Aldrych followed him out, and looked at the metallic scarlet door ahead of him. On its left side it had the Potter family crest; a checkered shield with an emblazoned P in the middle, surrounded by Griffins on both sides.

"To open it, send a burst of your magic through that opening on the door. If accepted, it will open," Bogrod said simply.

Aldrych walked up to the heavy doors and examined the pseudo-doorknob. It was a small opening, big enough for a hand only. Calmly extending his hand, Aldrych summoned his magic into it igniting his palm in purple flames. The scarlet doors glowed red momentarily and a deep voice rang out "Accepted."

The metal doors slowly creaked open, allowing view into the treasures inside. A vast cavern enough to most likely hold buildings if needed lay before Aldrych, whose eyes razed over the contents. Mounds of gold, silver, and bronze coins lay in piles on the left side of the vault while gems and artifacts layered the right side. In the lower right corner were 5 narrow shelves, each containing easily over 20 books each. Walking over to them, his eyes glanced at the titles. Writs such as Advanced Battlemagic, Charms per Annus, and Supernus Curatio occupied Aldrych's field of view.

Realizing he needed something to store all the items he would be taking, Aldrych went over to where Bogrod was standing, outside the vault.

"Bogrod, do you have anything that can store a variety of books and perhaps, artifacts?"

Bogrod nodded and snapped his fingers cause red magic to envelop them. Once it subsided a silvery threadlike satchel was revealed in his hands, and subsequently handed it to Aldrych.

"It is enchanted to hold various objects as it is linked directly to a pocket dimension. To release its contents simply say 'Relektd' and it will expel any objects inside it."

Aldrych thanked him and went back to where the shelves were. Evoking his telekinetic powers, Aldrych started sending every book into the satchel, hand movements constantly at work. Text upon text entered the satchel making no outward difference, causing it to look like a hungry, deep water-well. Once finished he tried lifting the satchel and noticed no real difference in weight occurred. Nodding to himself he went to explore more of the vault, heading first for the various artifacts and gems.

Precious stones lay on glass-like tables, each with a clear definition of what they were and what they could be used for. At the very center was a silver case with a tag before it mentioning the Griffin's Ruby. Supposedly it is the Potters' greatest artifact…

Griffin's Ruby

Crafted in 1675 by Elton Potter, the Griffin's Ruby can be absorbed into one hand to make it into a sort of foci, like a wand except it focuses the magic into a stronger beam. When absorbed the Ruby bonds itself to your either hand's bone structure, and shall remain there until released and reformed back into a Ruby. To absorb it, put it in your palm and wrap your fingers around it tightly. Send as much magic as you can to envelop the stone; once the ruby gets enough energy it will start to dissolve into your hand painfully. Once fully absorbed the ruby will graft itself to your bone and marrow. One should wait until 12 years of age to perform this, as before that your magic is still not concentrated enough to fuse with a separate entity and will try to reject it forcefully. To release it, you must focus on your magic to reform the ruby and congeal it back up to your palm.


'Useful, shame I won't be able to use it for a few years.'

Deciding to take it and store it for later usage, he opened the case slowly. Inside was a glistening fist-sized ruby, with a griffin's mark emblazoned on it. Reaching out Aldrych briefly touched it and felt a spark go through his body. It felt like pure magic in solid form to him and he closed it back up. Taking the noted description and putting it into his pocket, he inserted the case into the satchel, as well as a few other random stones to experiment on later.

Turning around Aldrych saw the giant mounds of gold and went to retrieve a few should he require any sales. Approaching it, he noticed some sort of pouches on the side, and assumed they would carry the currency. Picking up one of them experimentally, he looked inside and noticed that it was bottomless. 'Hmm, must be like the satchel' he thought.

Kneeling down next to the mounds of galleons, Aldrych started piling around 500 galleons, and a few sickles/knuts inside the pouch. Closing it he noticed it still jingled when bounced upside down, but having no increase in weight. Looking around the vault, he tried to see if there was anything else he could use around. Remembering about the Portkeys Ghistok mentioned, he went over to a pile of golden rings, and read the small sign above them saying, Portkeys to Potter Manor – Keyword: Nobility. Taking one and memorizing the key word for later, he headed back to Bogrod.

"I'm finished; shall we go to the Peverell vault now?"

Bogrod nodded and they got back inside the trolley. Lying back in his seat, Aldrych enjoyed the semi roller-coaster ride down into the deep parts of Gringotts. Noticing a few random dragons protecting various vaults as well as other various magics and wards, he thought about the Peverell protection. Ghistok mentioned to him that Ignotus himself put up protections around the vault, most likely necromantic in origin. Preparing himself, Aldrych noticed they were almost there. Arriving at an almost pitch black cavern, Bogrod took out another lamp and lit it.

"You will have to go ahead by yourself, only one of Peverell blood and magic can pass further," Bogrod explained.

Aldrych nodded and took a step out of the Trolley, and started heading forward. With only a sparse light he could barely discern anything, but he felt a vast amount of ambient magic in the air. It was like walking into a suffocating chamber full of hot steam, except it wasn't hot but extremely cold. Walking further carefully he noticed the ambient magic seemed to only get stronger and stronger until a flitting sound was made behind him. Turning around quickly, Aldrych tried to see ahead but found out his lamp started darkening quickly, until only a mere spark was left.

Wailing noises suddenly assaulted his ears with no end; startled out of his wits he calmed himself down and thought about a solution. Calling upon as much magic as he could, Aldrych suffused his hands with glowing purple energy, creating enough light to see around.

A wraith-like voice boomed out of nowhere, yet everywhere at the same time.

"Ahhh, sooo a Peverell has finnallllyyy returned. I haveeee been waiting for you. I had thoughttt the blooood had died outtt, but as I wasss still aliveee I knew there was still someoneee... Child, are you readyyy to uncover the ssssecrets of the Peverell line?"

Materializing out of thin air, a smoky ghostlike figure emerged out of the dark background. Its body looked like that of a wraith, with constantly swirling blackened energy. It eyes were the most portentous features though, as they were exceedingly large and fluid like. It was as though you were looking into twin spheres of molten silver. Recovering his wits, Aldrych decided to find out more.

"Yes, I am Aldrych Peverell, and I have come to claim my birthright… What are you though, you do not look like a ghost," he asked nervously.

A spectral smile appeared on the wraith's face, which would be twisted enough to perturb even the darkest of lords. It glided over to Aldrych and extended its claw like hand across his cheek. Clearing its throat unrealistically; the wraith began to speak in a decidedly clearer form of English.

"I am a shade child, created by Ignotus in his dying days. The magic he exerted had wiped out his last vestiges of life, and he died a peaceful death. Shades are one of the most powerful necromantic beings; we are not limited as ghosts are to the incorporeal plane. We can interfere and destroy at will, if we are told to. Ignotus however, told me to wait here and protect his secrets, until his descendant came. I am now at your service, child," The shade said serenely.

Aldrych gazed wide eyed upon the spectral entity, and thought of the various uses this could provide.

"What shall I call you?"

The shade stared at him and answered, "Nex would be fine; I was never one for titles. Come now, you must learn about the secrets of your ancestors and of your magic."

Aldrych nodded and followed Nex further into the cavern. They reached a peculiar stone wall, which was sprawled with diverse symbols and marks. Nex waved his clawed hand in front of him and proceeded straight through the wall. Aldrych stared at the solid wall and guessed it must be some sort of illusion. Walking up to it, he put his hand up to it and saw it went straight through. Starting toward it, he passed through with no physical block and opened his eyes. In front of him was a vast vault, like the one of the Potters except far more nocturnal. Glancing around, Aldrych only noticed a small pile of gold, but on the side there were far more books than the Potter vault had.

Walking up toward them, Aldrych picked up the first book he noticed, and read its title; Necromancy Explained, by Osmond Peverell. Opening it, he glanced at the first page.

Necromancy is the manipulation of the soul and its respective magics. Cyan or light green in color; necromantic energy is usually stored in the void between the soul and one's magical core. Unlike wizards who draw energy from their core or sorcerers who draw energy from their surroundings, necromancers draw their power straight from their souls, while infusing it with their regular magical core. This ability lets one do many amazing acts, such as creating powerful shades and wraiths to do ones bidding, as well as draining the very life force from another being. Inferi however, though many believe to be Necromancy is not. There is nothing soul related in a dead corpse, as an Inferi is reanimated using dark magic, not soul magic. Powerful necromancers are able to cross the boundaries between life and death and learn its countless secrets…

"I see you are enthralled by that book, young master. You will have more time later, but now you must read your ancestor's last journal. Ignotus ordered me to tell you to read it as soon as you can, as it will explain your history and your powers." Nex explained.

Aldrych looked up from the book and saw Nex floating a small journal in midair. Reaching for it, he noticed it was quite old and tattered. With no title, but a triangular symbol with a straight line and circle inside, he opened the book and scanned its contents...

Greetings Descendant, I am Ignotus Peverell, the last of the three brothers. In this Journal, I will explain the secrets we have kept from the world for countless ages... It all started from a powerful sorcerer named Arawn. Non-magicals have always deified him in their fanciful mythology, and named him the Celtic God of the Other-world, or Death. In reality he was merely an abnormally powerful being, who had the peculiar ability to perform various feats of magic related to death and the soul. Arawn himself didn't know where he got the ability, but he knew he possessed it since birth. Since he was, as he considered the primeval necromancer, he had no knowledge of it and had to learn the ability himself and experiment new and dangerous ideas. Arawn broke the very boundaries of death in his experiments, and wrought upon many powerful creatures in his experiments such as the wicked Dementori.

Dementors as they are now called by most of the magical population were created from souls that were unable to be reborn. Arawn experimented on one of these souls and by pure accident created a physical manifestation of it. Regrettably he lost control of it and the dementor escaped to procreate more of its kind from ruined souls, eventually dominating the Netherworld. Now in the 13th Century, there are dozens of these creatures populating the British Isles and maybe even further. Arawn did not let that stop his experimentations, since his curiosity was vast and innumerable but he knew he was aging. He was around 200 years of age when he had realized that to preserve his research and ability, he would have to birth children. He had searched and searched through the Isles for a woman that could bear a powerful child, and upon finding one employed his extensive powers of seduction to lure her to him. His child was the first Peverell, Lord Aurasio Peverell.

His mother had died in childbirth; since she could not withhold the powerful magic Aurasio released upon exiting the womb. Arawn raised his child by himself, teaching his son all of his secrets of soul magic and other various researches. When Aurasio was 35, he found his father invariably tired and weakened. His last words to him were, "I must now join Death itself, for having researched it so long I shall finally witness it in all its glory. Aurasio, continue the research I have shown you, and our bloodline… Farewell." Arawn's body visibly dissolved before Aurasio's eyes, but he knew not to weep, for death was simply natural. One, who knows Death, should not be afraid of it.

Aurasio continued his father's research, finding out more secrets of death than before, and passing them on to his children, who did the same to theirs. For years the Peverell line existed in veritable secrecy as this knowledge was never shown to anyone but a Peverell. Eventually I, Ignotus and my brothers, Antioch, Cadmus, were born. All three of us were extensively powerful from birth, and we grew up together, learning from our father just as those before us. Age-wise, we were only a year separate from each other in years, so it was not much of an issue. Antioch was the eldest, who specialized in the more combative measures of necromancy. Cadmus preferred researching over power, as he valued knowledge more than either of us. Many of the books in the vault were written by him, about his astonishing research into the essence of spirits. I however enjoyed both fields, but I was also cautious of Necromancy as it was a precarious magic. I never let myself get carried away, which was probably what kept me alive throughout the years.

Upon reaching our thirty years of age, we decided to experiment on something never done before. We combined the various researches of all of our ancestors and decided to make three artifacts of immense necromantic power. We would call it the Necromancers' Hallows, three objects when combined would give a necromancer vast powers over souls. We each picked an item that we would like to create. Antioch chose to a craft wand that would increase the clarity and power of a necromancer's magic much farther than any normal foci. Antioch decided upon a stone that would send an echo through the Soul Plane, calling upon a spirit to come and converse with the user. I however always the careful one, decided upon a powerful cloak that when used correctly would hide the user indefinitely from any known magic or sensors. We each fashioned our items from the purest and rarest materials we could find, sparing no expense. After finishing we proceeded with the final step, to empower the objects far beyond any regular item, infusing all three with each of our necromantic magics. For eight hours straight, we chanted and chanted without end, giving every last piece of our vastly stored necromantic power, as well as the life force from various magical beasts.

It was amazing… Upon finishing we took a look at our work, and saw it in all its glory. A wand more powerful than any other in terms of brute strength, a stone able to recall the very souls of the dead from their plane, and a cloak able to hide and protect the user from presumably anything. These items however, would never be used to their full advantage by a non-necromancer, and would only work as a powerful artifact for others rather than a way to breach the boundaries of life and death. Together we were able to do many acts our ancestors weren't. From communicating with the dead, to even crossing our very essences into the soul plane, proved feasible.

Many wondrous things we created, from various entities to testing the very boundaries of the soul plane. We created from an archway a gateway to the soul plane, one that cannot be used by anyone other than a Necromancer, as it would destroy the soul of any unprepared user. It was our 2nd greatest creation, and we coveted it greatly performing various outstanding research.

Sadly though, throughout the years, a rift was beginning to break out between us. We each had different ideas on how to use the Hallows and neither would budge for the other. In the end after countless arguments we decided to split the Hallows and go our separate ways. Each of us took the item we fashioned, and left on our own path of life. Years passed, and I have not heard much from my brothers. The last I heard was that Antioch had been murdered during the night, for reasons I do not know. I can only guess that someone found out about his powerful wand and thought to use it for themselves… fools. My brother Cadmus however, had apparently joined Death's embrace by his own choice, something I respected if not agreed with.

I tried to find their respective items and unite the Hallows again for my future son, but I had no luck and I was becoming older by the day. I found a wife and fathered a son who I taught the necromancer's knowledge to. A grave tragedy occurred though, as my son was somehow found dead in the woods, from what I know not. I was disheartened, but I knew I could not grieve as my son had still managed to make a child, and so I searched out for his wife. I had no luck again, as if though she vanished completely from the Isles. Getting weaker by every passing moment, I knew I had to preserve the Peverell knowledge if one of my descendants ever uncovered his past. I went to the goblins at Gringotts, a relatively new establishment and opened a vault under their vast caverns. Bringing all the knowledge the Peverell ancestors have collected throughout the ages, I brought them all to this vault.

Now I am writing this journal on my relative deathbed, knowing I would have to expand the last of my life for my final protection of the vault. Descendant, I ask you in magic to restore the Peverell bloodline, and continue our legacy. Reunite the Hallows and gain mastery over Death as I and my brothers had always wanted. Unus quisnam teneo Nex, postulo non vereor…
(One who knows Death, shall not fear it)

Closing the finished journal, Aldrych lay back against the pile of books and closed his eyes; mind already swimming with the knowledge he was just presented. For several minutes he just contemplated in deep thoughts, and upon opening his eyes knew what he was going to do.

'I shall fulfill my Ancestor's request, and become a necromancer as my bloodline states. The Necromancers' Hallows shall be reunited once more; I swear this on my magic,' Aldrych proclaimed in his mind.

Upon his vow, cyan-colored magic rose up from his body into the air, spinning wildly. From the various triangular symbols on the cavern walls, exuded the same colored cyan energy, except thicker. It started moving slowly towards his own cyan energy; Aldrych watched on in amazement as the various energies collided fusing together. Suddenly, at a high speed, it all flew back into him, shrouding his body in smoky tendrils.

Subsiding away, the necromantic energy moved back into the symbols. Aldrych still stood, though with a vast difference, his entire body had changed. Hair straightened fully down to his lower neck, while facial features changed from an aristocratic looking child, to an aristocratic looking adult. Eyes had taken a more sinister tone, as a translucent light green fire revolved around them, eliminating his reliance on glasses. Standing now at 6 feet tall, slight evidence of malnutrition evaporated, with a toned lean physique. His previous attire was destroyed and he now was clad in a black thin robe, with a deep hood perfect for shrouding facial features. Aldrych was utterly confused, examining his new body with no little curiosity.

Nex saw his expression and mentioned amusedly, "I see you found the perks of being a necromancer, Master. Due to your extensively powerful soul, your magic changed your relative age to the mature status of a human. Your body will not age, however your soul and mind will and that is where death comes for necromancers. Once the soul cannot sustain itself anymore it will leave the body to pass on, though the time it can sustain itself depends on its power. Arawn as you have read lived past 200 years because of his extensively strong soul, as well as many others of the Peverell line. Nevertheless, do not forget that even though you have an adult body, your mind and spirit are still that of a child. You have much to learn still, very much to learn."

Aldrych nodded, "I understand Nex, and I am not arrogant enough to assume things simply on how they look. My older body will still have its advantages though."

"You certainly have Ignotus' wisdom, Master. I have put all the things you would need from the vault into your satchel as well, except those books behind you," Nex mentioned.

Aldrych took the satchel from Nex and started moving the pile of books inside. Remembering that he still didn't know what the Hallows looked like he glanced at Nex to ask.

"Ah yes, I will conjure an illusion of each item to show how they look like. Ignotus showed me a few sketches before his death," Nex said arching his shadowed claw.

Three life-like images popped up in the air. The wand was a long thin instrument of 15" and made of Elder wood. The stone was quite small but held the triangular Deathly Hallows symbol in its depths. The cloak looked barely visible because of its incredibly thin and silvery material. Aldrych committed the images to his memory, and told Nex he could release the illusion. With the books in tow, he looked at Nex and wondered how he was going to follow him.

"Do not worry Master, only necromancers can see me and you are the only one in Britain," Nex answered, correctly guessing Aldrych's question.

He nodded and set off back to the Trolley where Bogrod was still waiting. Bogrod upon seeing Aldrych arrive widened his eyes at the sight of a grown man, but knew better than to ask questions schooling his face blank.

Aldrych noticing his expression before he could blank it said cheekily, "Let's go back to the surface Bogrod, these caverns are making me tired."

.-.-.

Albus was scouring Diagon Alley looking for any sight of Harry, looking through various stores. Around thirty minutes he looked until he decided to go and check Gringotts. Albus presumed that Harry might have figured out that he was famous in the magical world and went to the bank to find out more information. Arriving at the burnished bronze doors, Albus quickly walked inside and past the second doors before walking up to a teller.

"Hello, I would like to check on the vaults of Harry Potter to see if they have been compromised," Albus pronounced handing over the key.

The goblin gazed down and noticed that the person was Albus Dumbledore. His superiors had mentioned not to tell anyone of what occurred between Gringotts and the prior Harry Potter. Keeping his face in one of boredom, he looked down impassively at the wizened wizard.

"Sir, you are not allowed to receive information on the Potter vaults without the approval of a Potter. Simply showing a trust vault key presents no approval."

"I am the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot; I request you inform me of any changes to the Potter accounts. It is important," Albus stressed.

"The Wizengamot holds no leverage over the rights of wizarding accounts. What kind of bank would this be if we gave out confidential information on the whim of a politician?" asked the goblin superiorly.

"I am no politician; I am a servant of the council who simply wishes to view some information benignly." Albus protested angrily.

The goblin glanced amusedly at Albus, "I have told you before, and it does not matter even if you are Minister for Magic. Now sir, stop embarrassing yourself and show some dignity fit for your status, you are acting like a buffoon."

The stress of today's events caused Albus to lose control of his emotions again, spluttering angrily and drawing out his wand.

.-.-.

Aldrych was exiting out of the underground entrance, when he heard an argument up ahead. Hearing shouted words such as "Headmaster" and "Dumbledore," immediately put him on alert causing him to lower his hood further and walk out briskly. Looking at the commotion he noticed a wizened wizard arguing fervently with a goblin teller while several guards and wizards were trying to calm him down.

Standing up straighter, Aldrych walked out into the hall and calmly, but quickly headed for the exit trying not to draw attention. While passing by Dumbledore, he couldn't help glancing quickly at the old wizard and what he saw shocked him. In Dumbledore's hands was the exact same copy of the wand he saw in the vault, the Elder Wand. Staring at Dumbledore unmoving, until Nex broke him out of his shock whispering that people were noticing him. Aldrych broke out back into his brisk walk, trying to reach a dark place to recuperate.

Moving throughout the Alley in the evening air, Aldrych noticed a dark exit, and proceeded through it unknowingly entering Knockturn Alley. Looking around and noticing it was fairly empty; he turned to Nex and started speaking exasperatedly.

"Nex, did you see Dumbledore's wand? It was the Elder Wand, it looked exactly like the illusion you presented down in the vault. How did a supposed schoolteacher comes across a necromantic wand...?"

"I wasn't able to see the wand since I was looking out for anyone noticing you, but I did feel a spark of necromantic energy coming from the old wizard. Peculiar… if he is a strong as his reputation states acquiring the wand from him will be quite the hassle. You will need much a much larger lore of magic to fight him, Master." Nex warned.

"Agreed Nex, I should have more than enough time as long as Dumbledore does no–"

"Hello there young man, why are you talking to yourself when you could be enjoying the pleasures of the female flesh? Come over Madam Nostre's brothel, the woman are cheap and clean!"

Aldrych looked disgustingly at the hag, "No thank you, I have to be g-"

A spectral claw went through her chest and the hag collapsed on the floor. Aldrych glanced down nonchalantly and looked amusedly at Nex.

"Why does everyone keep interrupting me – hmm, is it dead?"

"Sadly no, she's just knocked out. We can't go leaving around dead bodies after all; it would leave a trail, Master." Nex said with one of his haunting grins.

"True, well we should get to a safe place before we discuss the wand, and I'm getting a bit tired. Today was sure a day full of surprises."

Aldrych took out the Potter Manor Portkey and glanced at Nex who waved as if to say ready.

"Nobility," Aldrych stated, causing the world around him to twist and turn. Nex latched on to the magic of the Portkey and they went spinning off to Norfolk, and the Potters' ancestral home.

XXXXXXXXXX

A/N: If anyone is wondering why Nex is intelligent and able to physically interact with the corporeal world, it's because Ignotus gave his entire vestiges of magic and life so his descendant could have better guidance. He also infused some of his knowledge into the shade so it can tutor Aldrych in a sense. As always review and ask questions if something if confusing or you're just curious. I usually always answer them with PM's.
Sign up to rate and review this story