Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > I Miss You Jared Leto

'I don't remember anything'

by jlyEchelonMCRmy 2 reviews

Jared Leto awakes in hospital not remembering how he got there

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-03-20 - Updated: 2010-03-20 - 482 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jared Leto woke to a world of clinical whiteness. His body felt heavy and his mind was blank. In a desperate attempt to remember what had happened and how he had got wherever he was, he closed his eyes again.
He could remember being in a pub with Lizzi and Melody. They had gone out for a family meal. Melody was only a few months old. Jared never drank, so that can't have been why he couldn't remember anything.
Then a throb of sudden pain surged through his head. He tried to move but his back and neck seized up as if something had given him whiplash. That jolted his memory; he remembered being jerked, the feeling of being thrown forwards.
What of his girls? He couldn't remember being with them since the meal, but he must have been. What if they had been hurt too? He would feel like it was his fault, like he wasn't looking after them well enough. What if it was his fault? Would Lizzi blame him? He re-opened his eyes. His head hurt too much to think, to answer all these questions.
'How are you feeling?' asked a female voice.
Jared was now conscious enough to fully take in his surroundings. The sound of light footsteps echoed round the room and he could hear beeping sounds coming from the machines he was attached to. Everything was white; the walls, the floors, the machines, the bed clothes, even what the woman next to him was wearing was white.
'Mr. Leto?' asked the woman. 'Are you alright?' Her voice was soft and calm.
'I ache,' Jared replied, his voice sounded hoarse and strained
'But other than that? You feel alright in yourself?'
'Yeah, but, I just, I don't remember anything,' he stammered.
'That's natural, you've had a bad injury to your head but your memory will soon return,' the lady said.
'Am I in hospital?' he asked still looking around.
'Yes, I'm a nurse,' she answered. 'Do you think you're ready to see anyone yet?'
'Why?' asked Jared, hoping Lizzi was there.
'You're brother's here,' the nurse said. 'Can he see you?'
Jared nodded slowly experimenting with the movement in his neck. The nurse left and his big brother entered.
'J, I've been so worried about you. Are you ok?' asked the older Leto, Shannon.
'I don't remember anything,' said Jared close to tears. 'My girls, Shan, where are they? Lizzi and Melody...' he trailed off.
'I don't know bro, no-one's told me anything,' said Shan. 'I'm sorry.' He added seeing the distraught look on his baby brother's face.
'I need them,' Jared chocked out.
'You need to get some sleep,' said Shannon, 'then when you wake up I'm sure someone will tell you what's going on.'
Sign up to rate and review this story