Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Twin Dragons

Twin Dragons part 2 the swamps of the rain

by saharah101 0 reviews

hinaka has been sent to find the flower to heal hinata can she make it there on time or will she die trying?!

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Sakura - Published: 2010-03-29 - Updated: 2010-03-30 - 3760 words

0Unrated
“Hinaka? Hinaka? HINAKA!”

“Whoa what?” I said falling out of bed.

“It’s time for school, so get your bum up” rin said pulling my sheets away.

“Do I have to?” I groaned.

“Yes now up or you’ll be late”

I stood up and headed into the bathroom which was also all purple and black. I did all my morning stuff and was able to find a decent outfit to wear. So I went down stairs.

“You look so cute in that mini skirt” lady rin said looking me over.

“Thanks ma’m” I blushed because I never been called cute before.

“Breakfast is ready if you want some dear”

“It smells delicious” I sat down and took in the sweet aromas of the kitchen.

“Would you like some orange juice?”

“Yes ma’m but I can get it you go ahead and eat” I got up before she could protest and poured us both some juice.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Hi hinata, do you want to walk to school with me?” kiba asked nervously.

“S…sure kiba-kun” she answered smiling like the sun it’s self.

And for some reason kiba couldn’t help but blush because to him hinata seemed different today. They walked in silence until hinata broke it.

“H...hey kiba do you think I will become a strong ninja someday” she stopped and looked down.

“What? Of course you will hinata why wouldn’t you?” he said stopping as well.

“Well I feel like I hold the team back” she shuffled her feet in embarrassment.

“If you want my opinion I think you’re an awesome kick a** ninja” kiba held out his and a little above his head and hinata just looked at it in confusion. Kiba started laughing and hinata blushed feeling stupid that she didn’t get it.

“You're supposed to hifive my hand” kiba said still chuckling a bit and akamaru barked in amusement on top of kiba’s head.

“Oh sorry” she then hifived kiba’s hand when she heard running noises.

“HI!!!! GUY’S!!!” I yelled behind hinata.

Hinata practically fainted and kiba started laughing all over again.

“Hi hinaka it looks like your lively today”

“Yeah hehe. What ya’ll doing? If you don’t hurry we’ll be late for school”

We headed down the road to school when we actually reached the school I started getting butterfly feeling in my tummy. But the building is beautiful. It was a decent size and red it also had a tree swing on the one signal tree in the yard. We headed inside and kiba made me walk in front so I would have to go in first. I slid the door to the classroom opened and everyone stared.

“There you are” the man at the head of the classroom said smiling. He had a scar across his face and his brown hair was put up in a pony tail.

“Yes sir I’m finally here” I giggled.

“Well then would you like to introduce yourself to the class?”

When he said that I froze for some dumb reason and I just stood there looking like an idiot. But I recovered and started walking to the front of the classroom and to my surprise I walked confidently.

“Hi my name is hinaka and I’m an orphan” I stopped and studied the crowd and not to my surprise they were all wide eyed. I’m pretty sure it as to do with the fact that I look identical to hinata except the dark purple hair of course.

“Very good hinaka you may sit down where ever you like now”

“Thank you Mr.?” I asked realizing I don’t know are teacher’s name.

“Its Mr. Eruka” he said with a warm smile.

I took my seat near the middle right side and looked around to see whom I was sitting by.

“Hi my name is sakura” a pink haired girl said next to me smiling.

“Hi” I said hesitantly back.

“How do you like the leaf so far?”

“I love it the ramen here is great” I said with a little giggle.

“Good I’m glad. Just one thing” she said suddenly changing all serious.

“Yeah what?” I said with a gulp.

“Nevermind” she said turning back into Miss. Peppy again.

“Ok?”

The teacher then started class and we all quieted down.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“So how’s the new girl?” lady tsunade asked rin.

“Good. I think she will make lots of friends” rin answered leaning against the wall.

“Wonderful”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Did you find her yet!” kabuto yelled at his lower being.

“N...no s...sir not yet b...but we’re trying but her scent went cold outside of her village” the servant answered nervously.

“I’m sick of excuses grim” he said pushing his classes farther up his face.

“We’ll find her soon sir”

“You better. For if not it’s your head”

“Yes sir”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Finally schools over and I was able to make it out of there alive” I thought to myself. Maybe I should go ask kiba and hinata to train with me but then again I don’t want them to see how bad I am”

“H…hinaka?”

I turned around to see hinata standing behind a telephone poll looking down with her face all red.

“Yeah what wrong?”

“I was just wondering if you would like to train with me?” she asked with a faint smile.

But before I could answer she suddenly collapsed right there and then.

“Hinata!” I ran over to her and felt her forehead and boy was she burning up and breathing hard.

“HELP!” there’s no time so I picked her up and headed as fast as I could to the clinic. I bursted through the doors and looked around for a nurse.

“Hinaka?”

I spotted sakura and stumbled over to her with hinata.

“What happened?!”

“I don’t know she just fainted” I said breathing hard and sweating.

Sakura called over an older lady and they rushed her in the O.R room. I sat out in the waiting room praying hinata was alright.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“HURRY!” the nurse said pulling on some gloves to examine the girl.

“She doesn’t have any cuts” the other lady confirmed.

After about 2 hours and 10 coffee cups later a lady approached me with the news on hinata.

“Is she ok?” I asked desperately.

The lady looked down with a cold expression on her face. I suddenly felt hot fresh tears freely streaming down my face and I was hoping she wasn’t dead.

“Is she dead?” I managed to chock the words out.

“No but she’s been poisoned” the nurse answered.

“What?”

“I’m sorry but with the severity of the poison there’s little hope she’ll survive”

“There has to be something I can do” I said grabbing the nurse’s collar in anger.

“Well there is one antidote” she said swallowing hard.

I released her collar and tried to listen through the shock.

“There is a flower that grows in the soft swamps on the outskirts of the village hidden in the rain. It is orange with black dots on the petals. But it’s to dangerous”

I started out the door when she grabbed my wrist and I turned my head and looked at her with desperation and pain in my eyes.

“If you really are thinking on going you’ll need lady tsunade’s permission” she said sighing and she released my wrist.

“Thank you ma'm” I hurried out the door and headed for lady tsunade’s.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“I wonder if she can surpass the monsters that roam the swamps?” the nurse said taking a sip of her freshly brewed coffee.

“We need you back in here nurse”

She stood up and headed in to where hinata lay and she prayed that the young girl from before would make it back in time. That is assuming lady tsunade will allow her to go.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I knocked at the door to the hokage's office and suddenly feeling less confident then I did coming here.

“Come in” I heard a stern yet sweet voice say from the other side of the door. I opened it expecting the worst but instead of an old lady I saw a young looking lady with her hair split in 2 low pig tails. I shut the door and saw a few other people in the room.

“Lady Tsunade I want to-“she held her hand up cutting me off.

“I know why you’re here and I will let you go but you have to take 2 others with you and this mission cant take more than 4 days” she said looking worried and sad.

“I already have the 2 that will accompany you there” she pointed to a raven haired boy leaning against the wall and sakura standing to my left.

“Thank you ma’m so much” I said with renewing hope building up inside me and instead of feeling sick I felt, well more excited.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I immediately went back to where I was staying with rin and the moment I told her about everything that has happened she broke down into tears. I hugged her starting to cry all over again.

“Make sure you are totally packed and ready to face anything” she said putting some strands of her blond hair behind her ear and suddenly looking like a small and scared child.

“Don’t worry I promise I won’t let hinata die” I clenched my fists as I thought about who would possibly want to poison hinata and why.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Is everybody ready?” I asked has we gathered at the front gate of the leaf.

“Sakura nodded and the raven haired boy just had a scowl on his face so I’m goanna say that means he’s ready as well.

We headed in the forest for faster traveling.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Do you really think they’ll make it?” rin asked lady tsunade as they stared out the window.

“I wouldn’t have sent them, if I didn’t think they didn’t stand a chance” she replied coldly.

“I guess your right” rin said and left the hokage’s office and headed to the clinic to check up on hinata’s progress.

“How is she?”

“Not good if they don’t find and bring the flower back in 4 days she’ll die. Because what this particular poison does is after 4 days it starts to dissolve your insides. And if we inject her with the flower it will reveres and neutralize the threat”

“Understood”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“How long till we hit the rain village?” I asked determined to get there already.

“2 days if we pick up are speed” sakura answered.

“Seriously?!”

“I’m afraid so hinaka”

“I see, well I guess we better pick up speed. Hey I just realized something”

“What?”

“I don’t know who the guy in front of us is” I pointed to the raven haired boy and sakura started blushing.

“That’s sasuke uchiha. He’s the soul survivor of the uchiha clan” she said as if she was in her own world where they were married and have kids. But after a minute she returned to reality and I had to ask another question.

“Why does he always look so mean?”

Sakura looked down in a mix of disappointment and confusion so I decided to change the subject.

“So I hear your studying to be the teams medical ninja” I tried to make my voice as perky and happy as I could.

“Yeah lady tsunade says I am a natural at it but it’s still very hard”

“I know you can do it. I mean if not hey you still have the looks” I said laughing.

But she just gave me a half smile and looked rather sad so I gave up on making her happy for now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“WHAT!!! They left and you didn’t let me go with them!” naruto whined to lady tsunade.

“There wasn’t time plus I need you here” she replied with a stressed out sigh.

“For what?” he said calming down a little.

“I want you to watch over hinata and report if you see anything suspicious”

“Isn’t that the nurse’s job?” naruto asked crossing his arms in suspicion.

Lady Tsunade gave him a look as if she had just been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

“Yes but it doesn’t hurt to have a night shift”

“Fine but let me know the second they get back” he said walking out still sulking.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Sir I think we may have spotted her”

“Where?” kabuto said standing up from where he was seated.

“We think she might be headed here to the rain village but she also is traveling with two others as far as we can tell” the servant said on his knees with his head down.

“Ok I want you to gather a team and go after her but don’t attack unless I give the order. Understood?”

“Yes sir” the servant stood up and vanished in the shadows.

“Orochimaru sir?” kabuto knocked on the snake like mans door.

“Enter” he said in a raspy voice. And kabuto came in the room shutting the door behind him.

“Sir we have found the girl”

“Good”

“But she is also traveling with two other ninja from the leaf” he said looking nervous.

“Don’t worry all we have to do is wait till dark then order the night team to attack” the long black haired man said laughing evilly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“It’s going to get dark soon maybe we should set up camp?” sakura suggested.

“We can’t stop now or it will take us longer to get there”

“I know how you feel hinaka. I want to save her as much as you do but it won’t do us or her any good if we get there and are dead tired and something attacks us” she said trying to reason with me. So in the end I gave in to logic and we started to set up camp.

Dark time finally came and we all decided (well me and sakura decided) to take turns as look out.

“I got first watch” I offered.

“Ok wake me up when you start feeling tired” sakura said putting her and on my shoulder for comfort I guess.

“Thank you sakura now get some sleep we have a long day tomorrow”

I started the camp fire (after like 10 minutes of bashing rocks together) and started my watch. It sure is a beautiful night. The stars are so pretty peeking through the tree tops.

3 HOURS LATER

“Darn I’m starting to get tired but I probably should let sakura get a little more sleep” I was about to get up to pace when I heard a soft crack of leaves above me. I quickly whipped out my kunai and every sense and fiber in my body was tingling with alertness.

“What’s that?!” I looked above me to my right and a stream of kunai were headed straight for sakura! I threw as many kunai as a could to try and block as many kunai as I could before they reached her.

“SAKURA! GET UP!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

She immediately shot up and saw the pursuing kunai headed for her. She rolled out of there way just in time and I thought my heart had stopped there for a second.

I heard the clatter of kunai to my left and I saw sasuke fighting a masked man and doing pretty well actually.

“Sakura we need to retreat! We don’t know how many there are and we don’t even have a plan of action!”

“Ok, ok but first tell sasuke that!” she shouted back but not in anger but in a scared tone.

I then realized he had disappeared. A long with the masked man in the trees.

“Ok you stay here sakura and I’ll go get sasuke” I could see in her eyes she wanted to object but considering the situation she knew that this was best.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Who are you?!”

“That’s none of your concern little man” the masked figure answered as they clashed there kunai together.

Sasuke ducked as the man swiped for his face and sasuke was able to trip the guy off the tree branch they were fighting on.

He fell to the ground with a thud and sasuke didn’t waste any time jumping after him with his kunai ready. He landed near him and waited to see if he was conscious.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Goth darn it sasuke! Where are you?” I jumped from branch to branch when I heard a thud to my left so I headed in that direction hoping it was sasuke. I finally arrived at the source of the thud and found sasuke looking at a man that seemed knocked out on the ground. I decided to stay hidden for another minute incase I would just get in the way. The man suddenly disappeared in thin air.

“Crap where’d he go!” I scanned my surroundings but saw nothing out of the ordinary. That means he must be behind sasuke in the trees” I jumped down next to sasuke surprising him a little I guess because he swung his kunai at me and lucky for him I have reflexes of a cat and was able to doge it in time.

“Calm down there skippy, it's me hinaka” I saw his face turn from surprised to pissed, but I guess for him that’s normal.

“What are you doing here?” he said coldly and a hint of mister macho.

“I came because hinata and I think we should retreat until we have a plan” I plainly stated.

He just ignored me and he continued to look for the man with the white fox mask.

“Are you listening to me!? Gal I don’t get why all the girls like you your such a jerk!” I shouted at him then quickly realized I might have gone too far but at this point I didn’t care cause here I was caring about his health and he just blew me off like a toothpick.

“You know what?! fine go ahead and get yourself killed see if I care!” I ran back into the forest with one thing on my mind (sasuke is a jerk).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Hinaka sure has been gone for awhile now, maybe I should go after her? No I can’t she told me to stay and guard are stuff plus I probably would just get in the way” sakura started to argue with herself to whether she should go or not when she heard a crack in the trees straight ahead of her. She cocked her head to see who it was or what it was.

“Hinaka is that you?” she swallowed hard but was prepared if it wasn’t a friend.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I landed back at the camp grounds where I left sakura and saw her with her weapon out and a freaked out face on.

“Sakura what’s wrong?” I said approaching her cautiously incase it was a shadow clone justu.

“Thank God it’s you hinaka” she said lowering her weapon. “Wait...where is sasuke?”

“He didn’t want to come back so I left him” I said looking down in shame because the number one ninja rule is never leave someone behind, but I thought that was only if they were wounded?

“You left him!” she said with her arms flinging everywhere.

“He gave me no choice”

“We have to go back for him!”

I was about to say something back when I heard I loud crash behind me and I hues sakura heard it to because she looked behind me first in confusion then I saw her face turn to pure horror. I spun around to see what she was looking at and saw sasuke badly injured and stumbling for us. Sakura ran to him and helped him walk while I just stared and hating myself for leaving him alone.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Sir"

“Yes what it is grim?”

“I successfully injured the uchiha boy like you ordered” grim said sounding pretty proud of his accomplishment.

“Good now hopefully she will have to continue on alone”

“But sir even if she sends him back to leaf to be treated there’s still the pink haired girl to worry about”

“Not to worry she isn’t that strong” kabuto said laughing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Sasuke-kun, are you ok?” sakura asked leaning him against a pine tree.

He just sputtered out a bit of blood.

“Ok here’s the plan, sakura you stay here and heal sasuke and I’ll go on ahead”

“What? No way, you can’t go alone it’s to dangerous” she said already tending to sasuke’s wounds.

“I have to; we’re running out of time, we only have 3 days left”

She just looked at sasuke then back to me and said

“Fine but please be careful”

“I will” I said and raced off in the direction of the rain village.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“How do you think they are doing?”

“It’s only been a day we don’t have to really start worrying till they reach the swamps of the rain village” lady tsunade answered rin.

“I guess your right” she said sitting down in a big soft black chair.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“A day has pasted since I left them that only leaves me 2 days left” I thought to myself when I stepped in something soft and started sinking.

“What the heck?!” I was able to pull my leg out and realized I was on the outskirts of the rain village.

“Yes I’ve reached the swamps! Now all I have to do is get the flower and get back” I said excitedly. But my excitement ended the second this huge spicky thing arose out of the swampy waters. It showed its large pointed teeth and made a sort of battle cry which scared me stiff. I was able to regain myself in time to avoid its massive tail. But the shock wave sent me flying and I was thrown against a nearby tree and fell to the ground which all my breath knocked out of me. I slowly stood up to face the ugly beast once again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for reading come back to see if she gets killed or if she’ll somehow defeat the monster lol I predict I second helping hand will appear to aid her :)
Sign up to rate and review this story