Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > All she wanted to do was forget

All she wanted to do was forget. Part 1 - Starting new

by NorthernDownpour 0 reviews

Skye's nightmares are getting worse and nobody can help her, as she sinks into a deep depression, she meets some new people who become very close to her.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-04-09 - Updated: 2010-04-09 - 745 words

0Unrated
I shot straight up in bed.
I’d had that dream again.
But it wasn’t something I could just forget about, this was real.
Around 6 weeks ago, my nightmare … was reality.

I climbed out of bed and out of my room, down the stairs and into the kitchen. Running the water, I felt somebody behind me, I turned around and was prepared to scream when I saw my adopted brother, Charlie, standing there looking upset.
“Are you okay pal?” I said softly to him, walking over.
He shook his head and began to cry.
“What’s wrong?” I asked him
“I had a bad dweam” he said in between sobs
I held him close, trying to comfort him the best I could.
-
After Charlie had gone back to bed I stood at the kitchen sink, staring out of the window, it was early morning now and I had school tomorrow. My new school.
I ran a glass of water and took 4 aspirin. Wincing at the cold water I walked into the living room and turned on the television.
Early morning news.
So I just curled up on the couch and thought, thought about everything. My mum and dad, I miss them so much.
..and before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face, and the flashbacks were starting. I jumped up and ran to the kitchen, running the water and swilling my face. I held myself up on the counter and tried to catch my breath.

About an hour later
Andrea, my carer was up and making breakfast for Charlie.
I was sat at the table biting my nails, I was so nervous about today, what if people didn’t like me, what if they knew who I was. Which was doubtful as I’d moved countries.
Walking back up the stairs I heard David, my other carer snoring and I laughed quietly, they were amazing people. So nice, and understanding. They really were my rocks.
In my room I had all my clothes laid out on my bed and I didn’t know what to wear. I looked in the mirror at myself. My bright (dyed) red hair and my pale skin just didn’t fit in with these blond haired, tanned skinned beauties. I wasn’t short but I wasn’t the tallest of people. I was very skinny and looked breakable…apparently.
My eyes were bright green, which was one of the only parts of my body I liked.
After a while I decided to wear my black skinny jeans, an AC/DC t-shirt and my trusty old converse. Applying my eyeliner and brushing my big tangle of red, I felt confident and headed down the stairs. I said goodbye to Andrea and Charlie and stepped out of the front door, the bus stand was just right outside my house so I walked over, plugged my iPod in and waited for the bus to arrive. When the bus finally arrived, I stepped on and every single person was staring at me. I felt my cheeks go red and I sat on the nearest seat. After a few minutes the girl who was sitting next to me tapped me on the shoulder, so I took out my iPod and said “ yes?” and she smiled at me.
“Hey, I’m Sam!” she announced with a big grin
“I’m Skye” I told her.
So we chatted until the bus arrived at school. She was a nice girl, very smart and I found she only lived a few streets away from me.
Getting off the bus she grabbed my arm and dragged me over to a big group of people.
I saw one boy, who caught my eye immediately, as he was jumping on people’s shoulders shouting merry Christmas. You had to laugh at him, he looked so happy to see Sam and he ran over to her and literally jumped on her. They both fell to the floor with a big thud and I just stepped over them and over to the group of people.
“Urm, hello” I said to the nearest boy, not sure if he was going to tell me to go away or not.
“Hiya, I’m Spencer, you’re the new girl, right?” he said cheerily
“Um yes, I’m Skye” I said smiling
“That’s a beautiful name” he responded and I blushed like mad.
After a while the bell rang and school was starting.
Sign up to rate and review this story