Categories > Original > Romance > No.1 Fan (Part 1/5: Indecent Proposal)

Part 4/5: The Unbearable Lightness of Being

by avery_averette 0 reviews

Sometimes what is right is not what you want. But which should Takki choose? And which would he choose?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2010-05-04 - Updated: 2010-05-05 - 959 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Office Drone Takki may not like his boring, dead-end job but he was always responsible and careful. However, he had recently been making far too many mistakes. To make matters worse, his eagle-eyed department head had started circling around him ever so often, as if to swoop down and peck on him if he were to make another error. In spite of the looming threat, he simply couldn't concentrate. His restless mind was saturated with T-chan. Like a vengeful spirit refusing to go in peace, the faceless one wrecked havoc in his mind. Despite the struggle, Takki’s heart had made its mind up, to sever all ties before he got hurt. There was no future with a guy, much less one who kept his identity a mystery.

But maybe it was already too late. He was already hurt.

Even at home, when he was pouring through idol-cum-first-love Tsubasa's news, he was distracted. He hadn't noticed it at first, but to his horror, Tsubasa was beginning to resemble T-chan. There was undeniable and uncanny resemblance from their mannerisms to the way they moved. Takki even thought that their tight and taunt bodies would feel the same. It was at this point Takki decided that he was spending too much time online and needed to get a life.

But like living in deja vu, everywhere he went, Takki would notice only things that reminded him of T-chan. It could be someone's hair style or the way they walked. And more often than not, Takki would end up in T-chan's neighbourhood. Sometimes he would go into the convenience store nearest to T-chan's apartment and buy the latter's favourite brand of cigs - Marlboro Black Menthol. He didn’t smoke. But sometimes, when it got too lonely, he would light it up. And on weekends, he would often buy a tonkatsu sandwich and eat it in the park where they first met. He didn't know why and he didn’t know what. What was he was hoping for?

At night, Takki also found himself spending longer in the bathroom. It was always one futile attempt after another to replicate how T-chan used to touch him. In bed, there was also no escaping T-chan's shadow, His body had already attuned itself to T-chan's lifestyle of very late nights. It remembered everything he was trying desperately to forget. And sometimes late in the night, he would hear his cellphone ring, only to realise to his dismay that it was a false alarm. There was no one calling on his phone, not T-chan, not anyone, except for his mother.

His mother, as if on the cue of the moon cycle had once again renewed her motherly duties of getting her son hitched. And at this point in time, at the end of his tether, arranged marriage was looking like a very attractive option.

The lady in question was also faultless to a fault. She was pretty with big eyes, lively yet considerate, smart yet humble, and most importantly his mother loved her. And since his mother did, Takki thought he might as well love her too.

...........

'You! Hic, you the pits!'

'Are you drunk?'

'I'm not as think as you drunk I am.'

'Where are you?'

'Whaddaya care? Hic. You didn't call.'

‘Why? Why din you call?’

'Isn't that what you wanted?'

'Excuses. Hic. You and your lame excuses!'

‘Hic. Am proposing to hic to some very nice girl tomoro night. Hic. You better not come.'

'Where are you?'

'Leave me alone!'

'Don't make me ask you again.'

'Outside…. home…… your.'

Expecting to see Takki slumped outside his door, he was tickled to see a drunken figure, clinging onto an out-dated keitai, sprawled across his lawn.

..........

Despite his popularity with the ladies, T-chan had yet to meet anyone who had stolen his heart. Nobody had stayed long enough to. All they saw was his shiny exterior. All they assumed was that he was a player. And all they thought was that it was better to dump him first than be dumped by him. Nobody gave him a chance. Nobody trusted him. And nobody wanted him.

...........

‘I gonna marry her I tell ya. Hic. And we gonna have kids. Hic. Five. No… 10. Hic. 10 fucking rugrats,’ Takki bragged as T-chan slumped him down onto his bed. Hesitating only for a while, he too climbed onto the inviting bedding. Then, as if it was the most natural thing to do, T-chan rested Takki’s head on his lap, and nostalgically stroke his hair and chest.

‘Am gonna marry her. Whaddaya gonna do about it?’

‘Send you flowers?’ T-chan answered very-matter-of-factly. No hint of regret escaped him.

‘Dun wan flowers. Hic,’ Takki waved his arm in objection.’I wan…’

‘I wan… you,’ he declared as he dived his face into T-chan’s crotch.

‘You miss me that much, huh?’

‘Miss you… need you. But where you? You, scumbag of the universe!’

T-chan frowned. Takki wasn’t the only victim here. The only sex he had for the past two week was jerking off to secretly taped videos of their long, hard nights together.

‘Me too. Miss you and need you,’ T-chan mirrored, before he got on top of him and plunged into hungry tongue kissing and a sudden urge to get naked.

'Hic. Dun wanna marry her.'

'Then don't,’ T-chan absentmindedly replied, still fumbling with the buttons.

'Hic. But already 28. Hic. I wanna marry!' The grown man whined.

'Then marry,’ T-chan whined back, presently busy peeling tight-fitting jeans off Takki.

‘Wanna…hic wanna marry you.'

‘Then… ’

End of Part 4/5 (More stories at http://avery-averette.livejournal.com/tag/stories. Enjoy!)
Sign up to rate and review this story