Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sweet Revenge

Five

by _Amy_Revenge_ 13 reviews

xD

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-05-08 - Updated: 2010-05-09 - 1812 words

5Original
Right. Move your feet, don't look down. Play it cool like Daisy doesn't even exist. Come on, man, you can do this! I thought as I entered through the double doors of my high school. The news of me and Daisy's little "fall-out" must have spread like a virus over the break, I mean seriously like EVERYONE was staring at me like I was dirt. Come on, just ignore them, they don't exist. You'll do fine without them all. At least you've got Gerard and Mikey. Speaking of Gerard, he's obviously a senior, whereas I'm a junior. Mikey's a freshman (poor guy) and I'm pretty sure Frank and Jamia are both juniors. So we're all relatively close. Isn't that wonderful?

I stood by my locker and fiddled with my clothes. Not that I was nervous, I just wanted to appear busy to anyone that was looking. Yes, it probably looked stupid, but you know what; who really freaking gives a rat's fat arse? Exactly. Right, so I'm standing by my locker, staring at the linoleum floor, when a pair of shoes appear in my line of view.

Hm, those shoes kinda look familiar....

"Hey, what's up dude? You look kinda... down?" This was said by a very familiar voice that I had heard earlier this morning. I looked up and saw Gerard, alone, holding a black art folder (what a surprise). I shrugged.

"Oh, hey. Yeah, I'm totally.. Bleh," I said, not even bothering to hide the fact that I feel like curling up in a dark corner and disappearing. I shrug again and look up at Gerard, who's obviously refraining from reaching out and touching me. I wished he wasn't. A comforting touch from anyone would help a little at this point.

"Come on, it can't be that bad, can it? I mean seriously, what's buggin' you?"

Wow, this is a new side of him. Being inquisitive. Maybe there's not even going to be a trace of the meanie face I once knew... If I'm lucky, anyway.

"I'm sure you've already heard." By the look on his face, I knew he had. But at least he'd asked. What a nice thing to do (note the sarcasm!)

"Still.. Do you want me to walk you to your class? I mean.. if you don't have anyone else to walk with," he said, kicking at what seemed to be invisible dirt.

I smiled, the pain in my chest lifting a little. Screw the touching, this would be just fine. "Yeah, I'd like that. Very much. Shall we?" I asked, holding out my arm so he could attach himself onto it. Kind of like in those movies, you know? Yeah. Anyway.

"We shall," he finished, latching onto me. I giggled.

"I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad that we became friends buddy.. Teehee!"

"Dude, that's seriously adorable, you know that right?" I stopped smiling and raised a brow.

"Uh..?"

"Hey, no need for the eyes, I was just saying..." he trailed off, clearly embarrassed. Well he should be, I mean I'm probably blushing now! Grrrr...

We walked the rest of the way in silence, though occassionally he would bump my arm and offer me a smile. I definitely liked this side of him.

"Well, this is me. The Almighty Science Room!" I joked. He laughed. Hm, was it really that funny? Somehow I doubted it.

"I'm right next door. Maybe I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, sure. Um, do you have first or second lunch?"

"First. You?"

"Same. You should sit with me," I said, giving him my prettiest smile.

"OK, yeah, I just might. You don't mind if Mikey joins us, do you? He doesn't really have any friends to call his own, so yeah. Poor kid," he muttered.

"No no, I don't mind. Mikey's so adorable! Well... at least when he's not scaring me half to death with animal behaviors and diseases and whatnot. So I'll see you in a couple hours," I said, turning to walk into class.

"Hey, uh..."

"Yeah?" I said, turning back around and looking him in the eye.

He went to say something, then paused. Finally, "Never mind. It's nothing, I swear. Bye," he said quickly and hurried off next door. Hmph, weird-o!




LUNCH

I'm so glad the school day is almost over. My last three classes were HORRIBLE. Daisy is in my third hour, and she sits right next to me. The entire hour all I got instead of an education was swear words aimed at me, nasty notes, and a few birdies. How nice, right? Bleh. I totally saw it coming.

So instead of eating (which I already tried to do) I'm sitting here, on a bench, writing in my stupid journal... OK SORRY! I know you're not stupid, hon, I didn't mean it. Oh Holy Jesus I just said sorry to a BOOK for calling it stupid. I really need a life, don't I?

There's a new girl in my Bio class. Her name is (as far as I remember) Lisa. She's a cute little thing (actually she's my height so she's not really little but whatever) and she's so quiet! Her dark brown hair is about as curly as a poodles fur. OK that was a total over exaggeration. She wears a LOT of purple clothing.. And black... She's got style, I'll admit. And she's got the most AMAZING shoes; purple converse. Yes, I realize that many others may have the exact same ones, but hers are the cooliest lol

Ooh, that was the bell. OFF TO ART!! Meh..

Gerard didn't sit me me :(





I took a seat in the very back of the class, as far away from the crowd as I could possibly be. I reached down in my bag and pulled out my art folder, a few colored ink pens, and my headphones for my iPod. Pretty soon I had the Red Hot Chili Peppers filling up my brain. How cool, right? Yeah, it's total dope. Ha ha, dope. God, I'm such a dumb ass! I know.

I don't know how much time flew by, but suddenly I have that feeling you get when someone is watching you. That's such a creepy feeling, right? Totally. Ugh, I say slash think wayyyy too much, don't I? Yeah, I do. Anyway, so I look up and just about jump backwards. Standing in front of me is Gerard. Who else, right? Who would have known.

I took out my headphones, and suddenly my brain was filled with the voices of about thirty art students.

"Hey, Gerard. Since when do you have this class?"

"Oh I uh.. I'm a T.A. I actually don't have any other classes after third period."

"Seriously? Since when? I mean, I've never noticed you before.." Wow, I feel like such a jerk! Well, actually, not really. I mean, I'm sure if he'd wanted me to notice him, he'd have made himself more viewable. If that makes sense.

"Yeah, usually I'm in the back room, drawing stuff for like art fairs and things like that." Oh. Yeah. That explains things. See? He didn't want to be noticed.

"Oh. Sounds fun." He shrugged, the corner of his mouth twitching up in a smirk.

"Actually, it's pretty boring. I love art and everything, but I'm really only good at cartoon and anime. I know, I know, anime is for dorks and geeks and whatever else, but I think it's pretty cool."

"I think that's pretty sweet, actually. Can I see some of your work sometime?"

"Sure," he said, smiling. "Actually..." He looked around and I followed his gaze as it landed on Mr. Arnez, the art teacher, who was busy talking to Suzie Crozgrover. You could so tell they were flirting; after all, they do it every single day (talk about jail bait!). She's got a thing for older men... Totally ew, right? "I'm pretty sure he won't mind if I show you right now. Come on, follow me."

I stood and followed him, bringing my bag with me after I put my things away. I'd never actually been in the back room before, so it was a type of adventure, if you will. When we entered the small archway (our school is old and is basically a bunch of bricks put together) Gerard shut the door and turned on the light. As my eyes adjusted they went wide as I studied all the photographs and artworks that covered the walls.

"Whoa.." I whispered, awed.

"I know. It's amazing," Gerard said softly, coming up behind me. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck.

"Yes, it is." I cleared my throat and moved a little bit away from Gerard. "Are any of them yours?"

"See for yourself," he said, walking to the middle of the room.

I looked around at each and every picture, artwork, and photo until my eyes landed on a large oil painting of Batman. I smirked. "Batman? Seriously? Dork."

"What? He was way cool back in my freshman year."

"Wait a minute.. You did that three years ago?"

"Duh. As you can see from the date," he said, pointing to it. Let me tell you, I felt like such a tard!

"Eh, shut up," I said, lightly punching his shoulder. He rubbed his arm and just smiled at me, his shaggy dark hair dangling down slightly onto his face. As our eyes caught each other, we kind of had a moment. (Not one of those 'we're alone what do you wanna do' moments, just the 'I'm so glad I'm here' moment. It was amazing! It was almost as if we really connected. You should have seen it, it was seriously wicked.)

Gerard's mouth opened a teeny bit. I waited for him to speak. Did I mention we had gradually grown closer to each other and were almost touching?

God.. so close.. Speak, Gerard, I know you want to...

"Ambre, I-"

The stupid bloody bell rang just as he was about to say something. I was blown out of the enchantment we were in, and I suddenly realized what we had been about to do. And I was a little weirded out, I must admit. Even though I had really wanted that to happen.

"I have to go, Gerard. See you later," I called over my shoulder as I darted out into the hallway. And let me tell you, I felt so bad for just leaving him there.




LATER THAT NIGHT


After what happened earlier at school, Gerard and I haven't talked. Like no joke, every time we looked at each other, it was like we were reminded of what almost happened. And the weird thing is, even though I was sort of scared for it to happen... I really wish it had.

Sorry I made you all wait :) Hope you enjoyed it anyway xP
Sign up to rate and review this story