Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alpha, Beta, and Cadmus

K -- Statistical Irregularity

by xanthophiliac 2 reviews

[Neil] Left, right, pivot and pout. Written for the 'K' (Kismet) prompt.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-04-23 - Updated: 2006-04-23 - 250 words

-1Boring
Author's Notes: I am currently doing 'Class of the Titans' as a general series for alphabetadrabble on LiveJournal, and I will be uploading each challenge drabble as a seperate chapter. The title for the entire series is a reference to Cadmus, the mythological founder of Thebes who also introduced the alphabet from his native Phoenicia to the ancient Greeks, or so says Herodotus.

This first drabble is for the 'K' (Kismet) prompt. As a drabble, it's supposed to be one-hundred words long, so please do not say something silly like 'too short'.

Disclaimer: 'Class of the Titans' and all related characters are property of Studio B Productions, Nelvana, and Teletoon. This story is property of its author. It is also a work of fanfiction, and therefore, no profit is generated from it.

-----

Statistical Irregularity

Neil's memory is constrained within the limits of haircare (all-natural, made-in-Milan) and photoshoots on the New Olympian runway (left, right, pivot and pout), but he remembers the first time he was Fortune's favourite supermodel.

Coin tosses illustrate equal probability, the teacher boasted, casting him for a demonstration. Neil always called 'heads' (tails would never match khakis), and the man's face flushed stop-sign-red as the coin clinked /heads heads heads/. Defective metalwork, he blustered, but Neil knew he was just being a sore loser (with an awful complexion to boot).

The soccer team picked him to call every kick-off toss thereafter.

-----

Additional Author's Notes: No mythological references for this one, unless you count the entire series' title.
Sign up to rate and review this story