Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alpha, Beta, and Cadmus

Y -- The End of All Stories

by xanthophiliac 1 review

[ArchiexAtlanta] Rushing swiftness of the hunt. Written for the 'Y' (Yearn) prompt.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-04-23 - Updated: 2006-04-23 - 274 words

0Unrated
Author's Notes: Written for the 'Y' (Yearn) prompt at alphabetdrabble on LiveJournal. Yes, this is ArchiexAtlanta in a weird sort of way. I don't usually write things that are quasi-romantic though, so I've probably botched this horribly. The writing style is also very over-the-top in this one.

Disclaimer: 'Class of the Titans' and all related characters are property of Studio B Productions, Nelvana, and Teletoon. This story is property of its author. It is also a work of fanfiction, and therefore, no profit is generated from it.

-----

The End of All Stories

Archie (thinks-feels-/knows/) it will happen eventually, because that is the way all stories like his end -- even Melanion won Artemis-like Atalanta, hot grief and cold chastity binding her heart snipped snipped snapped like cheap string and twine. Atlanta is (too much) like her near-eponymous ancestor, preferring the rushing swiftness of the hunt in her ears and legs to the lethargy of limp fingers around her calloused wrists.

She's only cracked once before, and Archie (white-heated rage to match Achilles') can smell his first kiss when he remembers, all choked all smothered (sunlight nymphs goats filthy dirty goats most of all).

-----

Additional Author's Notes: Hippomenes and Melanion are one and the same. And as I can't write a 'Class of the Titans' story without pedantic references and explaining them -- the repetition of 'all' and how it sort of chokes the ending is meant to be a sly reference to the Greek-derived prefix 'pan', which means 'all'. Pan's name is NOT derived from the same root, but I thought it would be fun way regardless to refer to Pan without saying his name directly.
Sign up to rate and review this story