Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Friends in Holy Places

Friends in Holy Places

by Qball 0 reviews

Brendon, a wealthy plantation owner loses his beloved wife to disease and finds comfort in the arms of local priest Ryan Ross. Unsure of his feelings he runs leaving his life behind, only to have h...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-05-12 - Updated: 2010-05-12 - 384 words - Complete

1Insightful
I wish I could say our story happened in a simpler time... but, it doesn't.

Living in the south during the Civil War was anything but simple, especially, in New Orleans. And even for a plantation owner like Mr. Urie a tall man, slight of frame, and handsome to boot.

"Is there anything else you can do?" Urie said "no Mr.Urie there is not. I have done all I can, I suggest you call a priest, she won't last much longer" the doctor whispered standing to leave. "Eudora, darling you have to stay with me" Brendon sobbed into his wife's hands. "Cora" he whispered to the servant he had called to watch his wife " Send for Father Ross." " Yes sir" she said quietly closing the door.

"Darling don't go, I can't go on with out you" he sobbed "I love you". " Brendon you must go on, you will love again, I love you too!" she gasped as her body fought to stay alive. Brendon rose to leave the darkened room and kissed his wife's burning forehead "I'm going to wait for Ryan".

As he reached the front parlor the front door swung open flooding the room with sunlight, making the fresh tears on Brendons face sparkle like stars. " Where is she?" Ryan said glancing around the empty room, "She's in the bedroom". "Ryan!" Eudora whispered trying to raise her head. " Eudora, darling rest". Brendon hushed kneeling next to his wife. Ryan took the same position next to Brendon, and took each of their hands. " Let us pray" he whispered saying a near silent prayer. "Amen" two voices said in unison.

Brendon gasped collapsing into sobs on his wife's now stilled chest. " She was so was so young, I'm sorry" Ryan said his voice cracking on the last words. "Does she have any kin that should be sent for?" " Yes" Brendon said raising " I already sent word to her sister in Galveston" "I must leave" Ryan said embracing his friend " Im truely sorry" he said starring into Brendon's dark brown eyes. As he spoke Brendon moved and pressed his lips hard against Ryan's. As shocked as he was Ryan didn't fight, he embraced it. As the men broke the kiss they heard a gasp from the doorway, and the fading sound of running feet.
Sign up to rate and review this story