Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > I Miss You Jared Leto

'She's all I have'

by jlyEchelonMCRmy 0 reviews

Jared struggles with the heartbreak that loss can bring.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-06-05 - Updated: 2010-06-05 - 451 words - Complete

-1Illiterate
'Where's my daughter?' asked Jared as soon as the nurse returned. 'Where's Melody?'
'Your daughters safe don't worry about her,' said the nurse.
'But I need to see her. Please, she's all I have,' Jared persisted.
'I'm afraid you can't see her right now, she's not well enough yet.' The nurse's voice was frustratingly calm and it annoyed Jared, as she moved around him checking his pulse and various things on the machines that surrounded him.
'It looks like your well enough to leave now,' said the nurse as if it should cheer Jared up. 'You can go home with your brother now.'
Jared spent the entire car journey home on edge. He couldn't shake his dream from his mind. He had known it was significant, but hadn't for one moment considered the fact that it could have killed his wife.
Shannon was watching Jared warily out of the corner of his eye. He wanted to say something to cheer Jared up but knew that nothing could now put a smile on his brothers face. Shan kept thinking about what Jared had said at the hospital: 'She's all I have'. All the pain and sorrow that was playing on Jared's heart was evident from the way he had said that one sentence.
'Here you go,' said Shannon when they had pulled up outside Jared's house.
'Stay with me.'
Shannon couldn't refuse; not while he was seeing such heartbreak in his little brothers once energetic eyes.
'Sure.'
So they both climbed out of the car and made their way inside.
'Where do you want me to sleep?' asked the older brother, stifling a yawn.
'In my room, with me,' said Jared.
They climbed the stairs and Shannon set up a make-shift bed on Jared's bedroom floor.
It wasn't too long before they were both asleep but yet again as his eyelids fell shut Jared's mind began to wander. The same dream returned but this time, as he put his foot on the accelerator, everything went black and all he could hear was thte squeal of breaks and his wife's dying scream echoing in his ear's.
'Jared!' Shannon shouted. His brother woke in a sweat, tears falling from his eyes. 'Jared, are you alright? What happened?' Shannon was trying to sound calm and soothing but he was so worried about Jared it was hard.
Jared had a tight grip on his brothers shirt and wouldn't let go, so Shannon had no choice but to lay with him, cradling his little brother, scared to let go in case anything happened to him. Eventually Jared drifted off into an uninterrupted sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story