Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Eighteen

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-06-12 - Updated: 2010-06-12 - 602 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nikki's POV

I shook my head, "That's the first place he would look..."

Jacob looked at me, puzzled, "And why exactly would he look for us in New Jersey?"

"Because that's where my mom and sister are buried, we have family there, and I have friends that live there." I said.

He sighed, "So, basically we should leave the east coast." He looked back down at the map. After a while he looked back up at me and smiled, "How far away do you want to go?"

I shook my head, "I don't know... I guess it doesn't really matter."

He smiled and pointed to a place on the map. I gasped, "California?!"

He smiled, "Hey, I know people there. I could easily get us a place to stay."

I shook my head, "I don't know..." I looked him in the eyes, "I've never left the east coast..."

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, "You'll be with me."

I smiled, "I guess your right..."

He started folding the map up, "We should probably get going. We can stop at a gas station before we leave and get some things." he stopped what he was doing and looked at me, "Do you have any money on you?"

"I have a little over a hundred dollars." I had counted it last night while I was waiting for him to get me.

He nodded, "I have about eighty." He started grabbing the bags, "That should be enough for now."

I nodded and helped him with the rest of the bags. We walked down the stairs to the main lobby and checked out. We ran to his car and started loading everything back in. When everything was in we climbed in and Jacob started the car. He turned to me, "Can you drive?"

I nodded, "Yea. I have my license. I just never got a car."

He nodded, "Good. I really didn't want to have to drive the whole way to California."

I laughed, "Yea."

He smiled, "Do have everything that you're going to need. Like a toothbrush and stuff like that?"

I nodded, "I'm good. What about you?"

He nodded and pulled out of the parking lot.

---

Getting on the highway made it finally seem real. It made it seem like there was no turning back. Ever since we left the gas station I hadn't let go of Jacob's hand or my drink. I was scared that if I let go of his hand, everything would disappear. I was scared that if I let go of my drink, that it would fall over. I didn't want either of those things to happen, so I didn't let go.

We had been driving for about 30 minutes without talking. The only sound was the songs on the radio, but I finally interrupted the silence, "Jacob..."

He glanced over at me and smiled, "What, Nik?"

"I have to pee..."

He laughed, "You hardly drank anything, and you went before we left. Twice, actually."

I started him until he stopped laughing.

He eyes moved down towards my belly and he sighed, "Oh..." He paused and looked back at the road, "There should be a rest stop somewhere up ahead."

Just as he said that we passed as sign that said there was a rest stop a mile ahead. I laughed and he shook his head.

Before long we could see it. As soon as he pulled in and parked, I already had the door open. I ran to the bathroom, not watching what he was doing. All I could think about was how badly I had to pee.
Sign up to rate and review this story