Categories > Books > Cirque du Freak > Vampire Love

Vampire Love

by catlovesmcr 0 reviews

Shan meets another half vampire but she isn't what he hoped for

Category: Cirque du Freak - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Darren Shan - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2010-06-13 - Updated: 2010-06-13 - 750 words

0Unrated
Summary: Catarina Lombardi, the only other known half vampire teen in the world. Shan has been searching for one his whole new life and now that he has found one she is not what he expected, far from it actually. Will they ever be able to get along? And what will Mr.
Crepsley think?
Note: This is my first story here. I didn't plan on posting anything but I'm giving it a try. Be nice.
PS- I refer to Darren by his last name 'Shan' because it's easier for me considering my dad's name is Darren. haha. Also, I do not own anything except for Catarina and her plot. Otherwise, this story follows the events in the actual story.



Chapter One
Vampire Mountain


“Hey, I'm Darren Shan, are you a vampire?”

“Half vampire, nice to meet you. I'm Catarina Lombardi.”

“How old are you? I didn't think there was anyone so young around here.”

“I'm 17. You?”

“20.”

“You don't look it. When were you blooded?”

“6 years ago.”

“You were young.”

“So are you. It's against the rules. Where is your....”

“My maker? He's on trial. I don't really like him actually,” I shrug, taking a bite of bread.

“Why did he blood you?”

“Because I asked him to. I'm almost an adult. I knew what I was asking for. The vampire generals won't punish him.”

“Why would you WANT to become a vampire?”

“Didn't you?”

“No! No way!” he runs away, looking rather upset.


(Shan)

What the fuck? This whole time I've been sitting here wishing I could meet another young vampire and when I finally do she's a freak! I mean, what kind of person would actually want to be a vampire?

“Hey Mr. Crepsley!”

“What do you want? I'm busy.”

“There's a teenager here!”

“What?”

“A teenager, a half vampire.”

“There is? That's odd.”

“She's 17.”

“So it's a girl?”

“She's weird.”

“Get to know her before you judge her Darren. Vampires are very complex creatures.”

“She's a teenage girl. I really doubt that she's that complex.”

“You'd be surprised.”


(Catarina)

“Ew gross, you're actually eating that stuff?” Shan walks over to the table where I am sipping my bat broth.

“Why wouldn't I?”

“Because it's gross!”

I shrug and tip the bowl in both hands to sip from it like a cup. Then I place it on the table and lick my lips. Shan grimaces. “What do you want?” I ask.

“Why did you want to be a vampire?”

I sigh then look around quickly at the others. “Let's go talk somewhere more private.”

He follows me to another, darker and smaller room.

“My mother died giving birth to me. I never got to meet her....all I had was my father but he went away to fight for this God forsaken country and he was killed. I was alone and living on the street, struggling to make it. I was considering just killing myself. I had nothing to live for.”

“You could have-”

“Shan, I'm no one special. I don't have any really amazing talents or super model good looks or anything. I never got along with people. I never had friends. I just had my dad and then he was gone.....”

“I'm sorry,” he mumbles.

I shrug, frowning. “The street is no place for a teenage girl Shan. The way people treated me....the way they kicked me around, the things they threatened to do to me....” I shiver.

He frowns too.

“I really liked history in school and one day I picked up this book at the library, history of vampires. It fascinated me I guess you could say. It pulled me in like a magnet. When I met him I recognized the marks on his fingers. I begged him....I told him why and I told him I knew exactly what I was asking for. He did it.”


(Flashback)

“You won't regret it. I can help you, be your assistant or something. Please.”

“You are too young. You don't know what you are asking.”

“I'm almost an adult.”

“Then wait for-”

“No,” I said firmly though tears began to form in my eyes. “I know what I'm asking for and I want you to change me now. I can't wait.”

“I'm sorry. I can't.”

“Please...Please Mister....” I was down on my knees in the dark grimy city streets, begging with everything I had. Tears poured down my face in torrents. I wrapped my arms around his legs.

“Fine, I will do it. Get up.”
Sign up to rate and review this story