Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Hope Your Life Is Gold

Dinner

by AddixxSin 1 review

meeting Mikey formally

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-06-16 - Updated: 2010-06-16 - 850 words

1Ambiance
"Now you get to see the great Chef Frankie! . . .Fuck everything up." He smiled as he pulled jars and spices out of cabinets and drawers. Frank seemed like a nice young man.Conforming to the teen age male image of being tough, yet a good guy. I think this is where the cussing comes from. I dont really like foul language. It just shows the inability to express emotions by using proper terms.

"I bet it will be great." I wrote out on my board and showed him. His lips moved as he read the line and smiled at me.

"We'll hope so!" He laughed.This boy was very happy. I envied that. I wish that I could be as happy as him with my cynical sense of mind."So how did you find yourself in michigan?"He asked as he got a can opener and started dumping tomatoes into a bowl.

"I just wander,Nothing special." I wrote and he replied with "So where is your family?"

"Dead, or in jail. None of which I hadnt wanted to get to know too much."I've never really cared much for my family. I'm always better off alone. Less hurt, Less complications to deal with.

"Ahhh, So where are you staying?"He asked. This one asks alot of questions as well. This is a tactic to get to know me. Maybe keep me around longer til he gets bored of reading what I have to say and move on. "Just around." I wrote.

"Mkay then. . . . Dude! Try this!" He said after he tasted the sauce that had started boiling on the stove. As I was thinking he had gotten alot done. The sauce was bubbling away with flecks of spices and pepper in it. There was cut up slices of egg plant on the cutting board and layers of pasta dough in a package opened on the side.

Frank held out a sponnfull of sauce to me and I gently took a taste and was pleasently suprised.He was a very good cook dispite his punk rock appearence.I gave him a thumbs up and licked my lips.He smiled and joked as he talked about how his mom made him go to cooking classes as a child, to make him more "appeaseable to women" and easier on her.

He had layered the sauce,slices of cooked and seasoned egg plant and noodle and popped that in the oven. I helped him clean up even though he said not to , but I felt odd just sitting there watching. After we had finished we had set the timer on the oven and sat in the living room, watching fuse on the television and playing with david bowie. I had never really watched television, you could say I was a bood "nerd". But it seemed enjoyable enough. Musicians were presented and music videos were played, with Franks animated commentary.

I heard the doorbell go off and the oven go off within seconds of eachother and Frank asked if I could get the door as he got the pasta.I nodded and walked to the front of the house and opened the door. Mrs.Iero ,who had snuck off to get some shopping done, had returned with a arm full of bags. Also I saw two people reaching into the car helping her.

"Hello dear! I guess you are staying for dinner?" She asked as I took a bag from her.I nodded and propped the door open for Gerard and Mikey. I was very suprised to see them here, because Frank didn't mention any other guests. The boys were in similar apparel to what they wore to the library, a t-shirt and jeans, but Mikey had a sweatshirt on. They both seemed very suprised that I was here as well. I'm sure they have seen me at the library, but they didnt expect me to be in thier friends house.

"Oh! Hello? " Gerard asked. He threw Frank a confused look that he thought I didnt see and Mikey mummbled a quiet "Hello." I nodded and shut the door then walked into the kitchen.

I set the bag down at the counter and helped Mrs.Iero set the table for dinner.Frank had taken out some garlic bread and put it on a plate, along with the pasta and filled five glasses full of water.

"So Im Gerard, and you are?" Gerard asked as he shook my hand.I held up my finger and grabbed my white board and wrote out my name as Frank explained"This is Kayla. She cant talk, Shes mute." A look of understanding crossed thier faces and I nodded.

"Alrighty, cool. I was wondering why you never talked to anyone at the library, I thought you were just shy."Gerard said and I wrote out "I dont really know anybody here,and I am quite shy."

After some small talk, mostly about books and our shared love of Stephen King, we sat down to dinner and thats when our friendship began.

That was the best day of my life.
Sign up to rate and review this story