Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Hope Your Life Is Gold

Tuesday

by AddixxSin 3 reviews

Making Money

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-06-13 - Updated: 2010-06-14 - 1106 words

1Ambiance
It has been a month since I had first seen Mikey and now I have a routine to follow in my week. So it is tuesday once again. The day I must leave my sanctuary to find money for food and things.

I do not beg. I have never done so, nor will I start. But I do odd jobs around the neighborhood. Because I know how to read and write, It made it easy for me to communicate my disability with others. I have mowed lawns, cleaned houses, gotten groceries, and washed cars to earn a living. I still have the three hundred dollars that I started with, But if I were to fall on hard times. . . I can't take those chances.

I woke up this morning determined to be cleaned up and out of the library by the time Mikey had come. But that did not happen. As I was brushing my hair, I heard the keys jingle in the lock.

I hurriedly ran around and gathered my things (Tooth brush, Comb, and other things) and stuffed them into my backpack and snuck out the bathroom window. I hit the pavement and started running towards the suburbs. Usually there are some nice old people hat see me walking and call out my name " Kayla!" and they would invite me into their home and give me a job. When I had first moved here, staked out good places for work. Some had pitied me; others enjoyed my company in their old age. Michigan was the nicest state I've been in so far. But I've only lived in Florida, New Jersey and Tennessee; so it's not much experience.

My first stop was Mrs. Ferguson. Usually I cleaned her house and mow her grass, and she pays me thirty dollars and gives me a meal. I chat with her using a dry erase board I found in a school closet and a dry erase marker I found in a drawer at the library.

"How are you today my dear?" She asked as she ushered me into her home. I quickly wrote out a reply and showed her. We talked about how she was doing and what her children (which I know a lot about her family since we had been conversing) were up too. I cleaned her home and mowed her lawn, and then she fed me lunch before I left for another home down the street.

Mrs.Iero was a very sweet lady in her late forties that lived with her husband and her son (who was around my age). I had met her when I was looking for a place to stay when I first reached town. She had picked me up, given me food and given me work. I also clean her home and mow her lawn. But she pays me a lot more than Mrs. Ferguson. Like sixty bucks. But that's because her sons room is disgusting and she knows it. Her home was cluttered with childhood knickknacks and grown up furniture. Antiques were surrounded by photos of family and friends and a little dog 'David Bowie' ran around the floor. The wall colors and furniture were dark colors and earth tones.

"Hello Kayla! How are you today?" She asked and quietly waited while I replied with a "Fine thanks, and you?"

"I'm great! Well I hope you're ready to clean today! Frank had a few friends over last night and they trashed the place. I hope its not too much trouble." She said as she invited me in.

"No problem, it's my job." I wrote and I showed her. I started out with the basement and vacuumed and cleaned the house till I reached Franks room in the attic. His room was typical of a teenage boy. Clothes all over the place, Cds and videogames littering the floor. Also band posters lining the walls. I assumed Frank was in a band because he had Eps next his computer with the title "Pency Prep" on them and a picture of Frank and his friends.

I had put all his clothes into the hamper, vacuumed his floor, washed his windows and made his bed. The room had greatly improved since I had been here and I even noticed a small photo book in his bookcase. I peeked through this and saw that he was friends with Mikey and Gerard. There were multiple pictures of them together at parties or at the Ieros house doing classic teenage boy things. A picture of Mikey, Gerard and Frank had them playing videogames and had intense looks on their faces (Frank had his tongue sticking out of his mouth and looking at the screen with childlike concentration).

I have never met Frank in person. I had only been to the Ieros house a few times and all Ive met was Mr. and Mrs. Iero. They have always told me how their son and I would get along, but he was always busy with things.

"Hey Momma!!!! " I heard someone shout from downstairs. That must be Frank. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs and saw Frank standing at the base of the stairs. "Who are you?" He asked.

Frank was quite short, almost the same height as me. He had shaggy black hair and bright hazel eyes. He had a lip ring and wore a star wars t-shirt and jeans with army boots. His leather jacket was on his shoulder along with a back pack and guitar case in his hand.

I signaled "1 sec" and got out my whiteboard. He put his hand on mine with a smile and said"Oh, Your Kayla. My mom has told me about you."

I got out my board and wrote "only good things I hope?" and he nodded.


"She said that you were a very nice young lady, who I should talk to since you are so polite and well behaved." Frank said laughing as he walked into his kitchen area. I guess that he believed that good manners were appropriate rather than 'cool'.

"Do you have anything to do tonight?" He asked and I wrote out No. "Then you should stay for dinner! I'm making vegetarian eggplant pasta!"

I don't know. I usually don't talk, well write, to people that I don't know too well. I mean I know Mr. and Mrs. Iero, but I don't know Frank.

"I don't know . . . "I wrote and Frank gasped and gave me a puppy dog face that people seem to think works to break down others. Unfortunately I didn't want to seem rude, so I obliged.


New chap, Yay?

thanks for the reviews!
Sign up to rate and review this story