Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom

by Moribund 2 reviews

Follow Frank and Gerard as they fight evil spirits and bullies, stumble in love, tear apart the world and put it back together. The twist? Frank sees ghosts, Gerard's dead.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2010-06-18 - Updated: 2010-06-18 - 512 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Chapter one – The Strange Boy

There has always been an ancient cherry blossom tree growing outside the library. The trunk is gnarled and twisted like an old woman, a mossy green in colour which when the sun light hits it, it shimmers like a scarab beetle, but when plunged into shadow morphs into a deep onyx. The delicate baby pink petals glow brilliant white under the sun until they are plucked by the wind and carried down, down to rest on the jade green grass.

It was here that I first met Gerard. Mid March, the tree was just beginning to come into blossom, and he was idly sitting against it, eyes closed and listening to his ipod. At first he seemed strange to me, as he was wearing nothing but black in close to 25 degree heat. But as he opened his sparkling hazel eyes, blinking into the dappled sunlight, the breath caught in my throat, he was beautiful. From his smooth porcelain skin, to his scruffy ebony hair, he was what an angel must look like.

I only realised how long I had spent leaning against the school gate, staring at him with my mouth slightly agape, when his gaze landed on me and gave me a bemused, quizzical look, one eyebrow disappearing into his onyx hair. Looking around, I realised the street was now deserted; everyone had made their way home or more likely to the mall or park. I must have been standing there a good ten minutes, like an idiot in love. I felt a crimson blush creep up my face as Gerard sat up properly, tugging the headphones out of his ears. I decided to make a swift exit to avoid further embarrassment, but just as I had turned away and was about to leave, I heard a voice cal out.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

I slowly turned my head to peer back over my shoulder at Gerard; his head was cocked to one side and his eyes were wide and doe-like, inquisitive. I turned around fully to face him, before realising it wasn’t he who spoke; it was Mikey, fresh out of detention, sauntering towards me with half a smirk plastered across his face. I grinned; glad the long wait for my best friend was over.

“Nowhere, I was getting dead legs from standing here so long. What the hell did Mrs Pease want with you?”

Mikey laughed, it was a quiet chuckle that is barely caught by human ears.

“C’mon Frank, let’s go home. I’ll tell you all about my little adventure on the journey.”

Putting his arm round my shoulders, he steered me away from school, and away from the curious boy sat beneath the cherry blossom tree. I couldn’t help but look back over my shoulder for one last glimpse of him, but he was gone.
----
A/N This chapter is really short, I know, but they get longer. I already have thirteen chapters written, their posted on theblackparade.net if you can't wait.
Sign up to rate and review this story