Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cherry Blossom

Seeing Things

by Moribund 6 reviews

Frank and Mikey argue, Frank meets a particularly strange stranger.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-06-18 - Updated: 2010-06-18 - 636 words - Complete

1Ambiance
I couldn’t do anything, for the whole of that evening, to shake the image of that strange boy from my mind’s eye. It haunted me, even in my dreams, all through the night and into a groggy Saturday morning, when I finally called up Mikey and arranged to meet him by the park.

“Jeez, Frank, you look rough man.”

“Why thanks Mikey, I think you’re beautiful too.” I replied monotonously.

Mikey chuckled, I grinned, and we set off through the park towards the mall, ‘cause hell, where else does a teenager go? But despite mine and Mikey’s joking and chitchat, I couldn’t help but think that something was amiss. The streets looked fuller, full of strangely dressed people, something I had been noticing a lot recently. As we passed the third person dressed as though they were straight out of the 1800’s, I asked Mikey if he knew what was going on.

“Weird dressed people? I don’t see anyone strange around town.” Mikey looked down at me as we walked under the shade of some trees. “I think you’re losing it Frank.”

“I’m not! Look over there, a hippy and a Victorian gent!” I pointed wildly, at a bench situated next the duck pond, where i could clearly see a woman with long hair, dressed in tie die and sandals, throwing breadcrumbs to the birds. Next to her sat a Victorian gentleman, top hat and all, reading a copy of the financial times. Mikey exhaled loudly.

“Frank, look at me.”

Mikey turned me to face him and put his hands on my shoulders, staring me in the eye.

“There’s no-one there Frank.”

“But I can see them! I’ve heard them talk too, so don’t you tell me they’re not real!”

“Frank, I am serious. You’re pointing at an empty space; the people you’re seeing aren’t real.”

Now I was fucking pissed off.

“You callin’ me crazy? Huh? I know what I’m seeing is real Mikey.”

“But it’s not.” He whispered; a sad look in his eyes.

“Fuck you, Michael Way, fuck you.” I hissed, turning on my heel and storming home. I was so angry and hurt, Mikey was my best friend, fuck, he was my only friend, and he thought I was crazy! A lunatic, off my rocker!

I didn’t want to return home in such a sour mood, so I took a detour past the school. Secretly, I was hoping to see that mysterious boy again, the beautiful boy who haunted my dreams. What i didn’t expect was to be almost knocked over by a crazy man on a penny farthing. I dived to the side, narrowly missing the mad cyclist, but instead I ended up tackling a ghostly, dark clad figure who was standing beneath the cherry blossom tree.

“Holy shit!” he cried as I fell on top of him.

“Jeez I’m so sorry that guy almost ran me over I never meant to-”

“You touched me?!” He cut me off abruptly, staring at me with wide, shocked eyes. This was weird, to say the least, this guy doesn’t like to be touched?

“Um, yeah, I’m sorry about that...”

“Oh man, you can hear me and see me too? Fuck that’s so weird!” he cocked his head to one side, staring wide eyed at me as though he had never seen a seventeen year-old boy before. This guy was pretty, but hell, he was weird.

“Yeah, look, you’re nice and all, but it’s you who is weird, so I’m leaving.”

With that, I got up and left the stunned, strange boy on the ground. I hurried home, trying to work my head around what had happened today.
Sign up to rate and review this story