Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Phantom Drabbles

Cold Comfort

by tragedy 0 reviews

Lyrical drabble for Journey's "Open Arms"

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Raoul, Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-04-27 - Updated: 2006-04-27 - 298 words

0Unrated
Erik's tombstone mocked him, almost as the man himself had mocked him in life, reminding him of all the things he could never be in her eyes. The fragile specter in black still stood before the grave, as though in worship. Firmly, he crumpled the in his hand, not wanting her to know it was the man who had brought him here at this opportune moment.

Wanting to hold you, wanting you near, how much I've wanted you home.

His arms snaked around her, pulling her close, Christine crumbled inot his chest. He could feel the glistening wetness of her tears on his skin.

"Oh, Raoul, thank you for being here."

"Of course Christne."

Now he would be her valiant protector, the one to comfort her her. Now he could be with her.

"Make it stop hurting Raoul."

"I can't, only time can."

Her tiny form quaked in his arms. Even if Erik was his enemy, he would rather see him alive than see Christine in such. Her year with him had left her a more bereft widow then a woman married fifty years. Still he wanted to love her, even he would always be second in her heart.

Now that you've come back, turned night into day, I need you to stay.

"Come home with me Christine, I'll take care of you." Mutely she nodded as he led her from the cemetary.

Now I come to you with open arms, nothing to hide, believe what I say.

Handing Christine into the carriage, he turned back to Erik's grave. "Don't worry Erik, I'll always take care of your angel."

He meant those words sincerly and could only hope that somewhere, he approvd of them. Inside the carriage, Raoul wrapped his arms around Christine, offering what comfort he could.
Sign up to rate and review this story