Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > Revival of the Wind

Revival of the Wind

by nicoleintechnicolor 1 review

The avatar is aging and still hasn't tried to revive the Air Nomads and their culture. What happens when one shows up on his doorstep?

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Aang,Katara - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-06-27 - Updated: 2010-06-27 - 422 words

0Unrated
Authors note This is my first time writing fanfic, so I do apologize in advance for anything. This chapter is short but there will be more! P.s: I will likely stay with the canon couples! Enjoy :D

The sky was dark in the cold southern water tribe, and a blizzard raged on and on. Towards the center of the village, a somewhat large igloo stands strong against the bashing winds. A young woman runs across the snow and ice slipping and falling as she scrambles to the little house.

Finally, she reaches it and bangs on the door. She shivers a few minutes waiting for someone to come to the door. When no one comes, she bangs even loader, shouting over the wind and trying to awaken the people inside. Finally she hears the shuffle of tired feet. The door is pulled back and a bald man, who sports a large blue arrow on his head answers sleepily.

"..How can I help you? It's the middle of the night..", groans the avatar. The girl looks at him with sparks of joy in her dark eyes.

"Oh avatar! I've been searching for you for so long! My name is Hope, do you remember me at all?", Hope asks anxiously. The avatar shakes his head and the soft cry of an infant is heard in the background.

"Monkey feathers", the man groans, "come inside from this storm while I attend the baby for a moment." The avatar turns away as Hope enters, only to see a woman in blue already rocking the little one back to sleep. "Aang, who is this?", she asks in a surprised tone.

Hope rushes forward and cries with joy, "my name is Hope! Do you remember me? You helped my mother deliver me somewhere on the road to Ba Seng Se!"

Suddenly Katara's eyes lit up with understanding and she almost dropped the child in her arms as she rushed toward Aang. "Aang, darling, this is the child of the refugees we escorted across the serpent's pass!" Hope smiled and apologized for coming at such a late hour.

The avatar's eyes grew more alert as the sleepiness slipped off and he nodded in understanding.
"Oh I remember now, you were a lovely baby. Although, I am still confused on why you are here."

Hope's smile turned into embarrassment. "Oh Avatar Aang, I'm so sorry about that. I've been searching the world for where you may be with your family. For some unknown reasons, I am an air bender."
Sign up to rate and review this story