Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X-2 > Silver buckles and black belts

chapter 2

by lulusmage 0 reviews

chapter 2 of my Lulu/Paine saga^^

Category: Final Fantasy X-2 - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Paine, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-04-28 - Updated: 2006-04-28 - 1161 words

0Unrated
I disclaim all things from ffx and ffx-2.


Chapter II


Night had quickly arrived. The whole village had gathered around the bonfire as they did most nights. However tonight was special, they were celebrating the return of Yuna. To Lulu it was strange Yuna not living here anymore, after all she had lived on the island most of her life and Lulu missed her being around. It only seemed a few moments since Yuna arrived here.


Yes a few moments, a few moments more and she'll be gone. Thought Lulu, she sighed her chest heaving.


The fire was raging burning bright in the evening sky. Embers flew from it and if you listened carefully, through everyone's voices you could hear the fire crackling. Depression was ebbing at Lulu's heart. It had been years now since she had loved anyone, or more precise, anyone loved her. She had long ago gotten over Chappu, but she would forever miss the love he gave her. The warmth he placed in her soul, the flames which were now extinguished. Her once flaming heart was now frozen and withering away in her chest.


That was the main reason she missed Yuna. Not because she loved her that way but because she fussed over her. She always needed guidance, help or just her sister, and that was what Lulu was, and being that sister took her mind off her heart.


Wakka was there but he could take care of himself, although he did sometimes get in a pickle and Lulu had to get him out of it. Wakka was her brother and her best friend, so of course she wouldn't think of him in that way. And Lulu definitely knew that he wouldn't feel that way for her as he was actually, well...gay. He came out about it after the pilgrimage, he and Datto were seeing each other for about a year. However it never came as a shock to Lulu, the signs were there, and she herself was bisexual so there was no faze for her. And it was a relief for Wakka as everyone accepted it.


Yuna sat near Rikku; they were both across the way from Lulu. Yuna's other sphere hunter friend wasn't with them though. Lulu had noticed that. Her name was Paine and she was eighteen that was all Lulu knew of her. Well what would you expect, she'd only met her a few hours ago. Even so within those few hours Lulu had found herself staring at the teen, thinking about her and well she was starting to realise that she had a crush on her. Although that was something she'd never admit. Come on...a crush! How juvenile does that sound? But all the same, her thoughts wandered to the newcomer...


I wonder where she is. Maybe she went because she doesn't like me. No that cannot be, I've caught her looking at me. Maybe I should ask Yuna where she is.


Lulu followed her thoughts and found herself standing up her feet carrying her to Yuna.


"Lulu I didn't see you coming", spoke Yuna.
"Oh I'm sorry, I just wanted to ask you something".
"It's okay. I'm kinda glad you're here, I miss being in Besaid".
"Yes the village misses you being here. I know I miss you".
"Hey! What about me?" butted in Rikku.
"You too Rikku", Lulu said rolling her eyes.
"Good to hear it!" Rikku said. With that she bounced off to where the Aurochs sat.
"I see Rikku hasn't changed that much".
"No", Yuna said smiling. "So what was it you wanted to ask me?"


Lulu knew it was such a trivial question to be asking Yuna. I mean, where did Paine go? Can't be too hard to ask. But when it came to saying it Lulu blushed, she want Yuna to realise she had feelings for her sphere hunter friend.


"Well...erm, where did your friend, I mean Paine, erm go?" Lulu managed to say her cheeks flushing crimson. Yuna smiled, she knew Lulu never acted like that, and she realised Paine was acting strange since she came to Besaid. So Yuna put two and two together coming up with that they had a crush on each other, or something like that. The reason Yuna could figure this out was because she and Tidus acted the same way.


"She went to the beach, she said something about clearing her mind, which usually means she's thinking about something important. I'll just warn you though that if you're going to find her I'd be wary, Paine doesn't like being disturbed", Yuna replied giving her a knowing smile.


"Thank you Yuna, I'll bear that in mind", Lulu smiled back her blush becoming more reddened.


~~~~*


Why can't I get her out of my mind? I've only just met her for crying out loud get a grip! She's Yuna's friend- good looking as she id though- I hardly know her and with my luck she's either straight, taken or hasn't even noticed me.


Paine gazed out over the cliff top, the village bonfire was still roaring and the stars were piercing the sky above. She hadn't gotten as far as the beach, she found she just wanted to think here, even thought the sound of the sea was soothing so was the crashing water of the waterfalls behind her.


We'll probably be leaving tomorrow after we've found that sphere so she'll probably forget I was even here and I maybe I'll forget about her. I never knew I could have these kind if feelings, I've never had these feelings for anyone before, not that id actually own up to them.


A crunch then another one, footfall, a clink of something metal, buckles or belts? It wasn't a fiend it was definitely human.


Yuna and Rikku know I don't like being disturbed, but who else knew I was here? Whoever it is they'll be sorry for disturbing me especially when their ears have been ripped off, yeah.


"Hello", a deep feminine voice. It wasn't Yuna or Rikku. Paine recognised it as...
"Lulu", she breathed turning to face the mage.
"I came to see what you were doing, everyone else is at the village. The drink is flowing and there's plenty of food", Lulu spoke sounding like she cared.


But she can't care, thought Paine.


"Thank you, but I'm not hungry".
"Oh, well I suppose the plate I saved for you will go to waste".
"You kept me some?"
"Yes. Yuna told me you went to the beach and I didn't know when you'd be back, so I kept some food for you. Because I know the Aurochs Wakka and Rikku can eat for an eternity", Lulu smiled as she stepped closer to the sphere hunter.


Maybe I can make a move? What am I saying! Dear Chappu help me...


"Rikku does have rather a large appetite", Paine smirked also stepping closer to Lulu so they were mere inches apart.
Sign up to rate and review this story