Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Angels Don't Cry

Part 2

by savedbymcr15 0 reviews

Mikey finds Gerard crying in his sleep. After a small talk, everything seems to be okay. The next day, Gerard is still upset.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Frank Iero,Ray Toro,Bob Bryar - Published: 2010-07-07 - Updated: 2010-07-07 - 620 words - Complete

1Moving
Mikey's pov

Gerard looked over at me, faked a smile, and then closed the curtain to his bunk.

No "Goodnight" or anything like that. What hurt more was that he didn't even tell me the three words that we exchange every day. Of course, I knew that Gerard loved me, but it felt like there was something missing if we didn't say it. I mentally slapped myself for sounding so selfish. There was obviously something wrong with my brother, and here I was, mentally whining that he didn't say three words that I already knew.

I heard sniffling coming from Gerard's bunk, so I went to see what was going on. Maybe now I'd be able to get something out of him. I opened the curtain to his bunk. He was sleeping, but he was crying. I tried to wake him up, but it didn't work. Instead, it made him whimper, and then he started to sob.

I shook Gerard's shoulders gently, and he finally opened his eyes.

"Mikey? What are you doing?" Gerard asked, startled.

"You were crying in your sleep. I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay." I replied. Gerard's expression went from startled to embarassed.

"I was...Crying?" he asked. I nodded. "Oh."

"So, is everything okay?" I asked, getting my hopes up. Maybe Gerard would tell me what was on his mind.

"Yeah, everything's fine, Mikey." Gerard said. My heart sank a little.

"Are you sure that there's nothing you want to tell me?" I asked. Gerard nodded quickly. My hopes crashed and burned.

"Go back to sleep, Mikey. I'm fine." Gerard said, attempting to reassure me.

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise." Gerard chuckled, and even put out his pinky finger. I linked it with mine, and laughed a little, too. Two grown men making a pinky promise.

I got up, and ruffled Gerard's hair. Just as I turned to leave, I heard Gerard's voice.

"Mikey, wait." I turned around, and I looked expectantly. I'll tell you tomorrow, okay?"

I smiled, and nodded enthusiastically. I hopped into my bunk.

"Oh, and Mikes?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."
"I love you too, Gee." I said, a smile across my face.
***
I woke up the next morning feeling kind of strange. I wasn't quite sure why, but when I walked out of the bunks, Frank, Ray and Bob were all looking at me with a sorrowful expression on their faces. I could have sworn my heart beat rose. The last time that any of them had looked at me this way was when my grandmother had died, and then when Gerard was in the hospital.

"What's going on, guys?" I asked, panic trailing in my voice.

"Nothing." Frank said.

"Frank, you suck at lying. Now seriously, what's going on?!" I asked, getting more and more terrified as each second ticked by. Bob gestured his head toward the washroom, and Ray told me to listen. Everything was quiet, and while the shower was running, I could hear heart-wrenching sobs coming from inside. I knew that they could only belong to Gerard. My heart broke as I listened as the sobs only got harder and louder.

The shower turned off, and the sobbing suddenly died down. I quickly moved away from the door, and tried to look casual as Gerard walked out from the washroom in a black and white striped t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and his jean jacket, with his hair kind of messy, just how he knew that I liked it. I could see that his eyes were still faintly bloodshot, and his cheeks were still a little red, but I decided not to confront him about it, just in case I said something wrong.
Sign up to rate and review this story