Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Angels Don't Cry

Part 3

by savedbymcr15 1 review

Frank says something that makes Gerard upset. Mikey finds out what's wrong, and fixes it the only way he knows how.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Frank Iero,Ray Toro,Bob Bryar - Published: 2010-07-07 - Updated: 2010-07-07 - 859 words - Complete

1Moving
Mikey's pov

Gerard seemed to figure out on his own that we had heard him, because his face had flushed red, and he quickly avoided eye contact with all of us. I walked over to him, and I put a hand on his shoulder, just to remind him that I was there. He put his hand on mine for a moment, and then walked into the bunks. I was really beginning to worry, and something told me that if I didn't remind Gerard of what he'd said last night, he wouldn't tell me anything. I turned around, and saw the guys staring hopelessly at me. Bob put a hand on Ray's shoulder, who put a hand on Frank's shoulder.

"Please, find out what's bothering him." Frank begged. I nodded. I wasn't going to let my brother slip away from me for what would bethe third time in our lives.

"There's no way I would survive if he...You know." I said, referring to losing my brother. I couldn't live with myself if that ever happened.

Gerard entered the room.

"I don't know if you guys remember, but we have an interview today." He said.

"We didn't forget." Bob said.

"Well, maybe you forgot that the interview starts in an hour." Gerard countered.

"That, we forgot!" Ray screamed, and started to panic.

"Dude, calm down. You just have to talk into a microphone." I said.

"Actually, you just have to sit there and look pretty while you hold the microphone. Gerard will talk the whole time. That's what we have this little diva for." Frank said, obviously joking around.

A hurt expression covered Gerard's face just for a second. Then, without another word, he exited the bus, and made his way into the Mtv station, where we would be doing the interview.

"Way to go, midget." Bob grumbled.

I quickly got changed, and went into the building. I searched for my brother, but I couldn't find him anywhere. Finally, as I started to lose hope, an employee called my name.

"Gerard's on the roof." He told me.

"Thank you." I replied, and ran into the stair way. I didn't know how I hadn't thought of that. Whenever he had the chance, Gerard would just sit on the roof and clear his head. As I got to the top, there he was, sitting near the edge, staring off into space. I approached him, and sat down next to him.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Hey." Gerard replied absentmindedly.

"You said that we could talk today." I said, trying to start up a conversation.

"Oh, I guess I did, didn't I?" He asked.

"Yeah. So, what's going on with you?" I asked. There was a silence.

"Mikey, I want you to answer this question honestly. Do I act like a little diva, or do I act disrespectful to fans..Or anyone else for that matter?" Gerard asked. This question startled me.

"No! You're one of the most amazing, down-to-earth, humble guys there are! What could possibly make you think that you act that way?!" I asked, now feeling outraged at whomever had put this twisted idea into his mind.

"Well, last night, a big group of fans started throwing things at me, and they called me a diva and all that." Gerard said quietly.

"Gerard, they don't know you, and they're obviously just trying to get under your skin. Besides, you get comments like that a lot, and you just brush them off. What makes this so different?"

"Well, it-It's nothing." my brother said quietly. I put my arm around his shoulders.

"Come on, you can tell me anything." I tried.

"It was just that they said that they used to look up to me, and now they think that I'm not someone who people should respect, and that you're not proud of me, and that you said that you wish I would just disappear." Gerard said. My heart dropped.

"Gerard, I would never say anything like that! You know that. Like I said, they don't know you, and they have no right to judge you. I'm proud of you and how far you've come, and I love you." I explained.

I heard a sniffle.

"Gee...Are you crying?"

"No.." He exclaimed, before beginning to sob. I pulled him into my arms, and rubbed his back soothingly. He stopped almost right away.

"Gerard, I want you to know that no matter what ever happens in our lives, I'm always going to be there for you, and I'll always love you." I told him.

"Really?" Gerard asked.

I kissed his cheek, and replied, "Really."

Gerard laid his head on my shoulder, and I rested my head on his.

It really makes no sense to me, how people can judge someone without really meeting them. People always look at Gerard as if he's some angel who can do no wrongs, and when he does, it's as if he committed a murder.

My brother is a human being, and he's allowed to make mistakes, just as you and I are. He's not the devil, because he's saved lives. He's not an angel, because angels don't cry.
Sign up to rate and review this story