Categories > Original > Romance > God Save The Queen- -Brendon Urie- -((1))

God Save The Queen- -Brendon Urie- -((1))

by KissedByANerd 0 reviews

He hesitantly took a step into my room with his face cast upwards at the stars. It took him a few minutes to realize I was in the hospital bed and once he did he took a large step out of my room ...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-07-11 - Updated: 2010-07-11 - 959 words

0Unrated
I watched as the tiny paper stars swayed from the breeze that came in from the cracked window. There were thousands of them, some were blue, some orange but they all danced in unison, like it was choreographed.

They didn’t seem to care that they all weren’t the same, they were all unique.
I let my eyes slip closed for only a moment before the door to my room opened and the soft footsteps of my nurse, Katy, appeared beside my bed.

“Vanessa, its time for your medication.” Her voice was calm, fake.
Everyday she came in here and forced herself to deal with me. Five years, I’ve known this lady for five years and she never really cared for me. No one really did, it was all pity.

I stayed silent with my eyes closed.

“Vanessa, I know your awake.” Frustration slipped past her words for only an instant but I still caught it. I always did.

I continued to ignore her, hoping she would take the hint and go away.
“You aren’t seriously ignoring me, are you?”

My eyes shot open and I let out an exasperated sigh. “Katy.”
A smile played on her lips as she prepared the syringe. “I don’t understand why you keep playing these games, Ness. It’s been five years, I know you well enough.”

I winced as the metal rod pricked my skin, I could feel the blood being taken in through the needle.
This was the routine.

“There, all done.” Her voice was distant, preoccupied.

I yanked my arm from her grip and slipped it under the floral blanket. She sighed and got up from my bed.
She glanced towards the window and shivered.

“I don’t understand why you keep the window open, its freezing.”

In one swift movement, the window was securely closed and Katy was out of my room.
I gazed up at the stars once again but this time, they were still.

Brendon

I gripped the microphone and my lips were pressed lightly against the top.
My legs were bent slightly and my back was hunched as I bellowed out the last few lines of the chorus. The familiar burning sensation irritated my throat but I pushed it aside.

“Thank you.” Were the last words I spoke before I disappeared back stage.

The final chords of the last song rang throughout the theater as I dove for my buzzing cell phone that was lying on the coffee table in our dressing room.
Kara.
“Hello?”

“Brendon? I’m at the hospital.”

“Kara, what’s going on?” My voice was calm, but only for her sake.

“Its Brandon.”
That was all she had to say. I forcefully pressed the ‘end’ button and grab my TWLOHA jacket from behind the door.

Ryan, my lead guitarist stopped me at the door and held me back by my shoulders. “Hey, what’s going on?”
I pushed him away from me and slipped on my jacket. “Emergency, I’ll text you later.”

Rain beat hard against the windshield of my Taurus as I pulled into Saint Peter’s Memorial Hospital in New Hampshire.

Every muscle in my body was tense as I flung open my car door and ran for the entrance. The doors slid closed behind me as I stepped into the coolness of the hospital lobby.
The nurse at the counter glanced up at me from her computer and her eyes widened once she realized who I was.

Yes, I took note that I was still in black skinny jeans and my white t-shirt covered by a form fitting black vest.
My eyes gazed over the overly-tired people in the waiting room. For god sakes it was 12:40am who wouldn’t be tired?
My eyes found their way to a petite girl with long dark curly hair and dull green exhausted eyes.

Kara stood up once she noticed me standing in the door way and ran into my arms.
She buried her face in my chest and sobbed. I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw as the wetness from her tears seeped through my vest.

Once she had calmed down enough to talk to me I sat her down in the chairs and gave her a cup of fresh coffee.

“What happened to Brandon?” My voice didn’t even waver, which I was glad of.

Kara’s face scrunched up like she had smelt something repulsive and set the cup of coffee on the table next to her.

“I went to check on him because I felt like something was wrong, you know how I get sometimes and I went by his bed and he wasn’t breathing.”

I slipped my hand on top of hers and she went on.

“But that wasn’t even the worst part, once I got to the side of his bed I smelt something rotten so I turned on the light and his bed was covered in vomit.”

I could tell by her face that she was reliving that moment in her head.

“Do they know what is wrong with him?”

Kara shook her head. “They are doing CAT scans on him right now.”

“CAT scans? Do they think he has...” My voice trailed off because I could tell I hit a tender spot for Kara.

Our mom died of cancer when I was 15 and Kara was 17, I never really thought that it could be hereditary until now.

“They don’t know, Brendon.” Her voice was constricted in a way I couldn’t even begin to describe. I pursed my lips and pulled her head to my chest.


“It’s going to be okay, Kar.” I felt her shake beneath my arms. “He is going to be okay.”
Sign up to rate and review this story