Categories > Original > Romance > God Save The Queen- -Brendon Urie- -((1))

The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

by KissedByANerd 0 reviews

You can't fake it hard enough to please everyone.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2010-07-11 - Updated: 2010-07-11 - 794 words

0Unrated
Vanessa


“You’re my sunshine on a cloudy day, baby. Remember I always love you for now and forever.”

My mothers voice echoed in my head as the darkness enveloped me and sleep dared to take over my body.

I hadn’t seen my mother in years, the only person that ever came to visit me was Katy.

My mind wandered to Brendon the sweet guy who enjoyed my paper stars. A smile crept onto my face as the memory of Brendons smile took over my thoughts.

The sound of his voice drowned out my mothers as my eyes fluttered closed.

“You like making paper stars, that’s pretty interesting to me.”
~~~

The sound of a knock on my door woke me from my sleep. I glanced at the clock on my wall, 11:26am.

The figure at the door was blurry and I managed to sit upright in my bed. The muscular figure moved to the side of my bed and he pulled up a chair.
I reached for my glasses on the night stand and instantly regretted it when my brothers face came into view.

“Brad?”

So many emotions overtook my body as he smiled down at me from where he sat at the side of my bed.

“Ness.” His tenor voice was just how I remembered it, though it had dropped quite a bit since the last time I saw him.

A million thoughts ran through my mind as I sized him up.

His short blonde hair was messily spiked and fell just above his ears. His baby face was just as I remembered it but his jaw line was more pronounced.
The muscles beneath his shirt flexed as he rested his elbow on his worn out jeans.

You wouldn’t even realize we were twins now.

Back when we were younger we looked identical, now the only feature that mirrors each other are our ice blue eyes.


“How have you been?” His voice startled me.

I just stared at him blankly as he searched my face for some type of answer to his question.

“Vanessa?”

My eyes bore into his and I smiled dimly. “How have I been?”

He sat upright in the chair and took a hold of my hand.
Anger rose inside of me, all of those bottled up emotions were ready to come out.

I ripped my hand from his grasp.
“How have I been? I have been stuck in this hospital bed for five years.!” I spat angrily.

It was almost like I couldn’t control myself.

“ I haven’t talked to you since the day I was emitted into this prison. You never made the effort to come and visit me while I was being treated, Brad!
“ You were the only person I could count on in my life to always be there for me no matter what the situation was. I didn’t expect much from mom and dad after they dropped me off here. I knew they weren’t going to ever visit me while I was in here but I expected more from you.
“You didn’t even call me Brad. I was totally alone for five years, five years Brad you left me alone.”


Brad’s body was motionless as if he didn’t expect me to yell at him like that.

I had never yelled at him like that before, I hadn’t ever yelled at him at all. We were so close before, we were like one person in two separate bodies.

The silence seemed to be never ending and Brad still hadn’t moved.

His eyes misted over and he clenched his fists into tight balls.


His knuckles were turning white and he jumped to his feet angrily.“You think it was easy for me to see you here?”

His face twisted up as if it was too painful to even speak.

“You think I didn’t lay in bed every night staring at the ceiling worried sick about you? I spent sleepless nights crying into my pillow because I had lost what seemed to be the most important thing in my life.”

I sucked back tears as he combed his fingers through his hair and grabbed a good chunk of it aggressively.


“I tried to come see you. I would make it to the parking lot but I would turn right back around and leave because it was to painful.”

He fell to his knees at my side and I touched the side of his head with my hand.

His face crumbled and he sobbed into my chest.

Tears leaked down my face as he muffled the words, “I wanted to see you, Ness.”

A/N: Reviews would be great! Are you liking it so far?
Peace. -B
Sign up to rate and review this story