Categories > TV > Supernatural > How Life Should Be

Dreams

by Shaded_Alpha 0 reviews

John gets shown an alternate reality where his life is pretty much perfect.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-07-12 - Updated: 2010-07-12 - 632 words

0Unrated
COLOURED LIGHTS SERIES
PART ONE - HOW LIFE SHOULD BE


Setting - Season Two
Characters - John, Dean, Sam, Mary, Jessica, OFCx2
Pairings - John/Mary, Dean/OFC, Sam/Mary
Spoilers - None
Notes - Part one of Coloured Lights series. Stay tuned for upcoming stories.
Disclaimer - All things relating to the Supernatural verse belong to Eric Kripke. I own nothing.

CHAPTER ONE - DREAMS

"No, Sam." John said suddenly. His voice a little strained by the deep and raw emotion in his heart and mind. "I want to stop losing people we love. I want you to go to school. I want; I want Dean to have a home." He stops and turns around, not wanting his sons to see him cry. "I want Mary alive." After a moment, when he was sure that his tears weren't going to fall, John turned back around to face Dean and Sam. "I just...I just want this to be over."

Dean nodded his head. "Yeah, we all do, Dad" He replied and then turned to look at his younger brother.

Sam swallowed a lump in his throat before he also nodded.

"We should, ah get some sleep." said Sam "Can't really do much now and we can get what we need in the morning."

"Sure. "Dean agreed

John simply nodded.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John was still awake long after Dean and Sam had fallen asleep in their beds. John was left to sleep in a run down looking arm chair. Dean had tried to swap saying that John would need the rest more but John refused. Now John simply sat and watched as his sons slept. They both looked so much older than he remembered and John hated the how much he had missed in their lives.

Soon the call of sleep became to strong and John closed his eyes. He drifted into a deep sleep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When John woke up he was a bit disorientated. He didn't remember getting out of the chair to lay flat on the floor, nor did he remember having a blanket over him when he fell asleep. He wondered briefly if maybe Dean had tossed it over him last night. Then he stretched and realized that he was not sleeping on the floor but in a bed and that there was something beside him. He turned over to see what it was and as soon as he did his breath caught in his throat.

'It couldn't be.' John thought, as he stared in shock 'This is a dream.'

"Mm, John," Came a voice, “You awake?”

"Mary?" John asked

Mary Winchester rolled over and sleepily smiled at her husband.

Tears welled up in John's eyes. She was just as beautiful as he had remembered; only she looked older. He had dreamed about her a lot over the years but none of them seemed this real.

"Morning." Mary said in a soft tone still drenched in sleep.

"M-morning." John replied. He reached over and stroked her cheek. Sighing at the contact. "God, I missed you" He told her

"What?" She asked in amusement. "In the seven hours you were asleep?"

"Um, yeah" John replied

"Well, thanks. I think." she replied "Now since you're awake we should get up-"

"Cant we just..." John began and sighed deeply "...stay? For a while?"

"John, we have a big day today" Mary told him

"Just a few more minutes?" He asked as he pulled her closer "Please?"

Mary chuckled yet still she moved closer into his embrace.

"Okay just a few more minutes." She agreed. "You're just lucky I love you so much."

"Yeah, I really am" John replied.

He watched as his wife closed her eyes and slept with a smile on her face.

TBC

Next Chapter - A New Reality
Sign up to rate and review this story