Categories > TV > Supernatural > How Life Should Be

A New Reality

by Shaded_Alpha 0 reviews

John wakes up in a new world.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-07-12 - Updated: 2010-07-12 - 630 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER TWO - A NEW REALITY

It was 8 o'clock by the time John and Mary got out of bed. John was still feeling weird about what he was seeing but he assumed it was nothing more but a dream.

He showered while Mary headed downstairs. The water felt nice even if it was a dream. But he didn't stay in the shower for long, as he didn't want to be away from Mary. He quickly got dressed and then headed downstairs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He found himself in the living room. It looked different to how he remembered. There were some different lamps, sofa cushions and there was a dozen photos scattered around the room that John didn't recognize. There were some photos in frames on the wall, and some on the cabinet at the end of the room. John walked over to a large frame on the wall and stared at the photo inside. It was of himself, Mary, 12 year old Dean and 8 year old Sammy. The four of them were standing in front of a Christmas tree. They were all smiling and looked incredibly happy.

"John, do you want some toast?" Mary called out

Her voice interrupted his thoughts and he forced himself to turn away from the picture and make his way to the kitchen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mary was standing by the counter, in the middle of the room, placing a slice of bread into the toaster. John just watched her for as long as he could.

"John?" Mary asked, turning around to look at him.

"Ah no, just coffee." John replied

Mary nodded and waved her hand towards a mug of fresh hot coffee sitting on the counter ready for him. John smiled and took the mug. He took a few sips and let the familiar liquid run down his throat.

Mary took her toast and spread jam on it before she sat down at the kitchen table. John turned around and sat down in the chair beside her.

"Hey, Mary, was there ever a um, fire here?" He asked

Mary looked at him, slightly confused.

"A fire?" She asked

"Yeah, when Sam was a baby?"

"No, no there was never a fire here. John are you okay?" Mary asked in a worried tone.

John sighed in relief.

"Yeah. Yeah I just had a bad dream" He replied with a smile.

Mary smiled back and then continued eating her breakfast. John watched her for a while and then he noticed the brightly colored calendar hanging on the wall. He stared is disbelief.

'No, that can’t be right' He thought

According to the calendar it was the 14th of September...2007.

John had skipped over a year. He shook his head. This 'dream' just kept getting stranger and stranger. He finished his coffee.

"Any idea where are sons are?" He asked, trying to sound less interested in the answer than he really was.

Mary had gotten up and was now rinsing dishes in the sink.

"Well, Dean's either at home or working at the garage-" Mary replied with a slight shrug.

John smiled proudly. Dean. Working at the garage. Just like he used to do.

"-And Sam's probably on the road with Jessica" Mary added

"On the road?" John asked

"Yes, well you know how he and Dean prefer driving to flying." She replied "Must have been all those years seeing you working on cars at the garage. Anyway they should be here by this afternoon."

"Good" said John "I can’t wait to see him"

Mary Laughed. It was a sound John had missed hearing far too much. It was then that he decided that if this was just a dream, then he wouldn't mind staying asleep for a few more hours.

TBC

Next Chapter - Pepper and Ayla
Sign up to rate and review this story