Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > This Is Not A Love Story

When You Come Around

by DaniC 0 reviews

The X-men and Acolytes face off in an EPIC BATTLE!.... well minus the epic part.

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Cyclops,Gambit,Jean,Magneto,Rogue,Shadowcat - Published: 2010-07-14 - Updated: 2010-07-14 - 1339 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2 - When You Come Around

Sunday morning and Scott just had to be a jackass and wake up the whole institute for a little pep talk about Magneto’s most recent world-domination plot. Rogue sat on a desk in one of the super-secret-ultra-hi-tech-rooms in the lower levels of the institute listening to Scott bitch about the Acolytes.

“Magneto must be stopped!” Yelled Scott, who’d already changed into his uniform. “He has to know that his actions will not be tolerated!”

Bobby who was sitting beside Rogue on the desk, equally tired, sighed when Scott pulled out a diagram of Magneto’s hide out. “Do you think he ever stopped to think that these long winded talks actually make us want to hurt him, not Magneto?”

Rogue smirked. “Nah, He was too busy with the diagram.”

Ten minutes later everyone was changed into their uniforms and in the Black Bird, which Rogue didn’t see a need for since Magneto’s hide out was just across town and taking off and landing actually took more time than the flight, but nevertheless Scott had to make something out of nothing.

Rogue hopped out of the jet and Scott started spouting off orders.

“Kurt, you check out the roof. Jean, try and unlatch the lock on the front door. Rogue, go around back and see if you can find another way in.”

Rogue sighed and went off to do as she was told. It really was a crime to expect her to do any physical activities before seven in the morning and without a single dose of caffeine in her system either.

Rogue didn’t take any precautions or try at all to be quiet. She couldn’t imagine that any of the acolytes would be awake at six thirty in the morning. She walked briskly down the side of the building and turned the corner, only to find Remy sitting on the back steps with a cigarette in his mouth.

“Chere? Come to see Remy?” He asked with a smirk. The truth was he knew the X-men were there. He’d heard Kurt bamfing around on the roof. Rogue stumbled backwards.

“Ahh…” She muttered. Remy was smirking at her. He didn’t seem very surprised to see her. Rogue sighed. “Yah already knew we were here don’t yah.” Remy nodded. Rogue walked over to the steps and sat next to Remy.

“Scott is such a dick.”

Remy laughed. “Why exactly are yah attemptin’ to brake in to de hide out?” He asked.

“Cause, Yah’re tryin to take over the world or something.”

“Huh? Dis is news to Remy.” Said Remy confused.

“What? Yah mean yah guys aren’t planning somethin’?” Rogue asked. Remy shook his head.

“Magnet-boy’s been laid up de past week wit’ de flu.”

“What? So Scott woke me up at six this morning for nothing?” Rogue was turning raging red.

“Pretty much” Said Remy inching away from the rampant Rogue. “Though Remy is very flattered you came to see him, and via jet no less.”

Rogue rolled her eyes. “Yeah yeah yeah,”

xXx

Meanwhile(had to put that to be cheesy)

Jean was pressed against the large metal doors of the hideout. Scott and Kitty stood behind her waiting impatiently for her to break the lock.

“Jean, you’re psychic, what’s taking you so long?” Scott asked, his boot thumping on the ground counting the seconds.

Jean cursed at him under her breath.

Kurt bamfed down from the roof. “All’s clear up there, and it seems pretty quiet.”

Scott rolled his eyes at Jean. “Here” He pushed Jean out the way and blast a hole in the door.
Pyro fell backwards out of his chair when the blast came through the door. He’d been lazily watching TV and now lay on the floor.

“WTF, Mate?” He squealed as Scott, Jean, Kitty, and Kurt marched into the building.

“Where’s Magneto!” Yelled Scott.

“Ah…ah…ah..ah, huh?” Stumbled Pyro with Scott’s eyes aimed at him.

Magneto flew into the room with a box of tissues in one hand and sighed when he saw the X-gang there.

“Honestly, can you go a week without bothering me?” He complained. He pulled a tissue from the box and took a minute to clear his sinuses, loudly.

“Where are the bombs Magneto?” Scott yelled turning his eyes to him.

“What?” Asked Magneto blankly.

“The bombs you picked up in South America!” Scott yelled back.

“Really have no idea what you’re talking about.” Said Magneto before blowing his nose again.
“Don’t play dumb!”

“Do we really need to do this on a Sunday?” Magneto asked. “Evil geniuses need their rest too, you know.”

“Fine, but I’m keeping an eye on you!” Scott sighed. “Get Rogue.” He said to Kitty.

Kitty skipped to the back door and opened it and screeched, “Rogue!” and found Rogue and Remy sitting on the steps right at her feet.

“You know, Kit, I can hear.” Rogue said looking up at the prep.

Kitty looked down at Rogue “Its time to go, Scott’s a dumb ass.” She then looked to Remy. “What are you doing with- Kitty started before Rogue jumped up and grabbed her by the arm.

“C’mon Kitty.” Rogue said forcefully dragging her away.

xXx

Later that night Kitty sat on her bed smirking at Rogue from across the room. Rogue was bent over on her bed attempting to finish her French homework that she had never gotten done the night before. She sighed and looked up at Kitty.

“What?”

“Who was that guy you were with?” Kitty asked smiling.

“No one.” Said Rogue turning back to her homework.

“If it was no one than you would’ve told me his name.” Said Kitty.

“No, if it was no one Ah would’ve told yah no one, and Ah did.”

“C’mon, Rogue, who was it?” Kitty asked walking over to Rogue’s bed. “Cause it was a boy. And last night you said-

“Ah’m not interested in boys, cause Ah’m not.” Said Rogue.

“So why were you talking to him?” Kitty asked.

Rogue sat up and sighed. She knew Kitty wasn’t going to shut up if she didn’t tell her, but then she also knew if she told Kitty anything that would just give her something more to talk about. “Scott told meh to find another way into the building so Ah was walking around the back and he was there on the steps. He started talking to meh. That’s why Ah was talking to him.” Rogue explained. “Now, please, Ah have French homework.”

xXx

Rogue sat in French class on Monday morning starring blankly at the chalkboard. She never had finished that homework last night and she knew, that with the grade she got the previous week’s quiz, she probably wasn’t passing. She was tired and didn’t feel like doing any work, it was Monday. But she should. She sighed and began to open her textbook, but didn’t before her cell phone began to vibrate. She spazzed in discomfort and yanked the phone from her pocket. Who the hell would call her during class?

She had one new text massage from an unknown caller. “Look outside” was all it said. Rogue glanced out the window. She should’ve known. Remy was sitting on a lunch table outside the window of her French class smiling at her. She began to type him back.

“U no that’s creepy”

A second later another message came back.

“Non, its romantic.” And then another. “Come outside.”

Rogue looked back outside at him. He had on his million-dollar smile. She sighed and raised her hand. Her old grizzled French teacher that should’ve been retired and living in Florida called on her.

“What?” She asked in a scratchy voice.

“Can Ah go to the bathroom?”

xXx

A/N: Next Chapter: Rogue’s day with the Ragin Cajun
Sign up to rate and review this story