Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > This Is Not A Love Story

Dinner and the Bollocks

by DaniC 0 reviews

A day out with the Ragin Cajun

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Gambit,Rogue - Published: 2010-07-18 - Updated: 2010-07-18 - 1449 words

0Unrated
Rogue stomped out the back door of the school and over to the lunch tables where Remy was waiting.

“Good morning, mon Chere.” He said smiling.

“What are yah doin here?” Rogue asked with her arms crossed.

“Remy came to see yah, Chere.”

“Really? That the only reason?” Rogue interrogated.

“Oui.” Said Remy confused. “Yah don’ believe Remy?”

“Ah just find it hard to believe that Remy would pick up his lazy ass and drag himself all the way here just to see meh.”

“You’re enough reason to swim the English Channel, Chere.”

Rogue rolled her eyes. “Ah have to get back to class.”

“Non yah don’t, Chere.” Remy whined.

“Yes Ah do, Ah’m failing as is.” Rogue turned on her heel and was about to march back into school when Remy grabbed her gloved hand.

“What subject?”

“French.”

Remy turned her around. “Remy can teach yah French.” He said loosening his grip on her.
“Are yah really telling meh that mindless drawl that comes from yahr mouth is French?” Rogue asked. Remy smirked at her. “Ah can’t.”

Remy sighed. “C’mon, yah known it’ll be fun.”

It was either this or five more hours of school. And it… could be fun. Depending on what ‘it’ was. She sighed.

“Fihne.”

“So Chere agrees spending time wit’ Remy be fun?” Remy asked.

“Yah got what yah wanted, quit while yahr ahead.” Rogue warned before she stomped past Remy and out into the front lawn of Bayville High with the Cajun following her.

xXx

They’d been walking for close to an hour. Rogue had managed to hit him twice, and had called him several bad words while he stuck to ‘Chere’ for her. They’d made their way to the main street in downtown Bayville, ingeniously named ‘Center Street’ and they were now nearing the end of it. The top end of the street was filled with boutiques and five star restaurants, but the bottom end was filled with pizza shops, pubs and random one of a kind subculture stores.
Rogue was sifting through the contents of Remy’s jacket pockets. She pulled out a pack of cigarettes, a deck of cards (of course) and a stolen wallet before she found a large ball of crumpled up napkins and post-its at the bottom. Rogue pulled it out and started unfolding each piece.

Rogue smirked. “555-9873, Stacy?” She asked.

“Oh, Remy was lookin’ fo’ dat.” Said Remy.

Rogue uncrumpled another. “555-7812, Lauren.”

“Oh, meant to throw dat one away.”

Rogue continued to unfold girls’ numbers. “Looks lihke you got yah eyes on a lotta girls.”
“Non, De Gambit may have two eyes but they be on only one femme.” Said Remy turning to Rogue with a smile. Rogue looked at him and back to the numbers. “Y’ like freaky stuff, non?” Remy asked.

Rogue’s eyes shot up from the numbers. “Excuse meh?”

Remy rolled his eyes. “Music.”

“Oh.” Said Rogue. “Yeah”

Remy nodded at the building they’d stopped in front of. Rogue turned around. It was a small shop wedged in-between two sub shops. Above the door which was painted black there was a sign that read ‘The Underground’ and in the front window there was a giant poster of Trent Reznor.

“They’ve got almost every vinyl on de planet, even de Two Virgins album.” Said Remy while Rogue stood starring at the store. There was actually a cool store in Bayville? Rogue dropped the phone numbers on the ground and bolted into the store.

Rogue was sifting through the 1977 section when Remy tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around. He held up a black leather corset. It was ripped to shreds at the stomach and about a thousand safety pins were holding it together.

“What do y’think?” He asked holding it up to himself.

Rogue thought for a moment. “Hmm… Ah lihke it but with yahr complexion there’s no pulling it off.”

“Yeah?” Remy said looking at the corset again.

“Maybe in a blood red?”

Remy smirked and tossed the corset back into a pile of other leather constructions. “Wutcha got?”

“Pistols.” Said Rogue holding up Never Mind the Bollocks.

“How could y’live wit’out Never Mind de Bollocks?” Remy asked shocked.

“Well Ah did own it, but Bobby decided to play DJ with it.”

Remy held his hand over his heart shocked.

“God Save the Queen was completely ruined and oddly on EMI Johnny Rotten sounds lihke Daffy Duck.”

“Than y’must have it.” Said Remy snatching the record. He walked over to the empty counter and a man with a purple Mohawk rung it up. Remy dug into his pocket for the stolen wallet.

“Remy Ah got it.” Said Rogue pulling out her own.

“Non, Chere.” Said Remy pulling out a twenty. “What kind’a man would Remy be makin’ a femme pay?”

“Yah know that’s really sexist,”

Remy smirked. “Oui, but not in a bad way.”

Rogue sighed and followed Remy out of the store with Never Mind the Bollocks.

“Y’hungry, Chere?” Remy asked as they passed a pizza place. Rogue stopped in front of it.
“Ah, yeah.”

Remy pulled the door open for her and bowed. “After you mon Chere.”

Rogue glared at him but walked through the doorway anyway. “Yah know Ah hate this chivalry shit.”

Remy smirked. “Oui.”

Rogue stood starring at the menu hung on the wall behind the counter. Everything on it was just different variations of pizza and other things that were doused in cheese. A man standing behind the counter asked Rogue what she wanted.

“Ah’ll have a small Hawaiian pizza, a side order of mozzarella sticks and another of fries. And a large root beer.” Rogue said pulling out her wallet. “Don’t even think about payin',
Swamprat.” She said to Remy who was leaned against the counter starring at her.

“Didn’t cross Remy’s mind.” Said Remy smirking. “That whole order for yah, Chere?” He asked.
Rogue glared at him. “Yeah.”

The man behind the counter asked Remy if he wanted anything.

“Remy’ll have a coke.”

Rogue rolled her eyes at him and walked over to a booth near the back. The whole shop was empty except for them. Remy followed and sat across from her in the booth.

“Remy does lihke a girl wit’ an appetite.” He said with a devilish smirk.

Rogue looked at him with a cold expression. “Ah’m wearin’ boots with three inch heels so if yah ever wanna have children, Swamprat, Ah suggest yah shut up.” Remy shrunk in his seat at her threat.

“Y’have an anger management problem, Chere.” Said Remy cautiously.

Rogue glared at him. “Ah don’t have a problem with my anger, Ah have a problem with you.”

Remy rolled his eyes and leaned over the table so their eyes were just inches apart. “Awe, c’mon, Chere, y’know yah love Remy.”

Rogue leaned back in her seat to increase their distance from each other. “If love is the extreme irritation Ah’m feeling rihght now, then yeah, Cajun, Ah do love yeah.”

“So y’admit it.” Said Remy smirking.

“There’s really no use in talking to yah.” Said Rogue shaking her head, but letting a small smile show on her lips.

“But Remy makes yah smile.”

“Ah’m laughin’ at yah, not with yah, Cajun.”

Their order came within the next few minutes and Remy sat starring at Rogue and her pizza, fries, and mozzarella sticks.

Rogue was half way through her first piece of pizza when she caught Remy’s eyes gazing longingly at her fries. She sighed. “Do yah want some?” Remy immediately dug into the fries.

xXx

It was four o’clock now. Remy and Rogue had ended up walking around Bayville and making fun of strangers for hours until Rogue had to get back to The Xavier Institute and of course Remy insisted on walking her home. They stood outside the gate of the school.

“When should Remy call y’ for our next date, Chere?” Remy asked.

“What?” Rogue asked. “This was not a date.”

“Oui, Chere” Remy said with a smirk. “Dat’s what it was.”

“No, it wasn’t.” Insisted Rogue.

“Hmm, there was a meal and Remy bought y’ something. Dat qualifies as a date, Chere.”

Rogue remembered the vinyl album in her bag. “No, because Ah didn’t know it was a date.”

“But it had to’ve crossed y’ mind.” Said Remy.

“It was not a date!”

“Mah god yah’re stubborn, Chere.”

“G’night Swamprat!” Said Rogue starting to walk up the driveway of the Xavier institute.
Sign up to rate and review this story