Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ...I Promise

One

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

She was left for dead, but she's still alive... (Sequel to I'll Never Let Them Hurt You)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-07-07 - Updated: 2010-07-15 - 944 words - Complete

1Funny
Jacob's POV

She was gone and never coming back. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it, no matter how hard I tried. I sighed and put my head in my hands. I didn't feel like getting out of bed, let alone, getting dressed and going to school since her death. My mom told me that I would find someone else. She just doesn't understand. There is no one like Nikki, no one.

I shook the thoughts of Nikki out of my head and walked to my closet. I grabbed a shirt and a pair of jeans, with out even looking at them. I quickly changed and walked into the bathroom. I scrubbed my teeth and ran my hand through my hair. I didn't really care about how I looked anymore. It's not like I needed to impress anyone. I didn't care what anyone thought about me anymore.

When I was finished, I grabbed my school bag from it's place in my computer chair and left my room. I walked down the short hallway until I had reached the kitchen. My mom smiled. I nodded and sat down at the table, “Hey mom.”

She smiled again, “Are you going to eat anything for breakfast?” she asked.

I shook my head, “No, not today.”

She sighed and turned back to the counter where she had a bowl of cereal, “I'm worried about you, Jay. You have hardly eaten since the accident.” She turned back to me. I could see the concern in her eyes, “Jay, it happened over a week ago. I know these things take time to get over, but eventually you will, and you'll find someone else.”

I shrugged, “I'm not so sure about that... There was no one else like Nikki.”

She sighed and walked the short distance to where I was sitting. She put her hand on my shoulder and I looked up at her face, “Jay, I know. I felt the same way about your father when we first met...” she paused looking away from me and out the window, “Look what kind of person he turned out to be.”

I nodded, “I know, mom.” I sighed and stood up. She dropped her hand from my shoulder, “I'm leaving. I'll be back after school.”

She nodded and smirked, “After detention, you mean?”

I shook my head and laughed, “Yea, after that.”

She kissed my forehead, “Don't get into too much trouble today.”

I nodded, “You know me.” I started walking out of the kitchen but before I reached the front door I felt my mom's hand on my shoulder, “Try and eat something at lunch today?”

I nodded, “I will, mom. I promise.”

She nodded and once again kissed my forehead.

I smiled at her before turning back to the front door and opening it. I hesitated before stepping outside. It was raining. I shook my head and ran through the rain to my car. I quickly unlocked it and climbed in.

Normally, I would be on my way to pick up Nikki, but since she was no more, I started my car and pulled out of the driveway and headed straight to the school. It was about ten minutes away from my house. On a good day, I could walk, but I was lazy. Especially now.

I parked my car in my usual parking spot and sat there for a few seconds before opening my door and stepping out. I was about halfway across the parking lot when I was met with Leah. Even after a whole week of me ignoring her, she still could not get it through her tiny little head that I was not interested in her anymore.

She grabbed my hand and smiled, “I was waiting for you.”

I nodded, “I guess so.”

She smiled and pulled me into the school and out of the rain. I couldn't see anyone else, and I figured they were either already in class or they were in the cafeteria. That's normally where everyone sat when it was raining.

She sat down in one of the few chairs in the area outside the office. It was small and the perfect place for anyone that was wanting to escape from the rest of the school. I remember that Nikki used to sit here in the morning's most of the time.

I sighed at the thought of her name. I was brought out of my thoughts when Leah put her arms around my neck. I didn't even remember her moving from the chair....

She pressed her lips to mine and I stood there. Like I always did. I didn't kiss back or even acknowledge that she was kissing me. I thought that eventually she would figure out that I could care less about her, but obviously I was wrong... After a while of that, she pulled away and frowned, “Jay-Jay, how come you never kiss me anymore?”

I shook my head, not looking at her.

She sighed and let go of me, “You used to love coming down here with me and doing naughty things.” She smirked.

I shook my head, “I changed, Leah.”

She sighed, “Obviously... It was that Nikki girl wasn't it? She turned you into whatever she was...”

I didn't say anything, I just continued to stand there.

“That whore changed you... And now you're one of her kind.” She paused and narrowed her eyes, “You know, that I realize that, I can't associate with you anymore.”

She shook her head and walked away from me. I waited until I was absolutely sure that she wasn't anywhere near me anymore and I smiled, “We'll it's about time.”
Sign up to rate and review this story