Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believers Never Die...Well Maybe Sometimes

Ch 2-Awkward

by chandlerbing6 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-07-16 - Updated: 2010-07-17 - 1344 words

0Unrated
"Oh my! I'm so sorry!" Jenna spluttered as she clumsily tried to get back on her feet, but her six inch Christian Louboutins weren't making it very easy. Eventually, after falling down four more times, she begrudgingly accepted the extended hand of the man who had so kindly watched her make a fool of herself repeatedly before offering his assistance.

"Thanks. I really am truly sorry about that. I'll learn to watch where I'm going one of these days!" Jenna's nervous laughter filled the air around the two of them and made her feel as though the entire city was watching them. She realised the man she had nearly trampled still hadn't said anything. As if on cue, he finally found his voice and said,

"Patrick."

"Pardon?"

"Patrick."

"No, I think you've gotten me confused with another person..." 'Ok so apparently I look like a man. Great!'

"No, erm that's my name. My name's Patrick Stump." he said as he leaned his head back, clearly trying to get some distance between himself and the crazy person standing opposite him.

"Oh right, of course! How silly of me. Hello Patrick. That's a lovely name, are you Irish? You don't sound it. But if you have lived in New York for a while you're accent would have disappeared gradually. How long have you lived here?" Jenna genuinly didn't know what was happening. Her brain had been functioning in perfect harmony with her mouth all day but now? She could hear her brain screaming and pleading for her mouth to stop moving but it was just ingnoring her. She didn't know why she was suddenly so flustered and the loss of control was beginning to scare her. She knew that when you lose control, bad things will happen.

Any other guy would have run for the hill screaming for their mummy, but Patrick seemed to be finding amusement in Jenna's slight mental breakdown. The corners of his mouth were twitching, as he was tried to hide the enjoyment he was getting from her misery and failed miserably, and his eyes (which looked like the sea after a storm) where sparkling with mischief.
"Erm, no but I'm sure I have some ancestors who were. We could go to the library and check out my family tree if you really wanna know...? I'm a Chicago boy, born and raised!" He said proudly as he let his smile spread across his entire face. Jenna was enthrolled by how gorgeous his smile was. She had to mentally scold herself for wanting to reach out and trace her finger across the lines that his dimples created.

"Chicago? I've never been. Was it a good place to grow up?" Suddenly Jenna realised she had started to interview a perfect stranger...in the middle on the street. She didn't know what this man was doing to her, but she didn't like it...well maybe she did a little.

"Erm, I think it's your turn to answer some questions. However, I really need a coffee and you need to stop talking for a minute so why don't we go in here and kill two birds with one stone, eh?" Patrick suggested, putting on a confident front to compensate for the fact that his inside had turned to jello. He didn't know why but when he bumped into this girl, literally, he had lost any train of thought he had been trying to pursue at the time. He was physically frozen as he watched her repeatedly trying to stand up, and only just came out of it in time to offer her his assisstance. When she touched his hand he had felt a bolt of electricity shoot through him and he hadn't wanted to let go. Only now, as the two of them started toward the door of Central Perk cafe, did he realised that he didn't. He still held her dainty little left hand in his right one. He hadn't even noticed and he realised that that was because it had felt so right.

As soon as that thought crossed his mind, he felt the cold air hit his right hand again. Jenna had realised they were still locked together too and she clearly wasn't as happy about it as he was. Her faced had paled considerably and she was visibly shaking. Patrick couldn't tell if it was from her fall, the cold or the contact but it didn't really matter. She suddenly looked small and helpless and Patrick felt his protective side kick into overdrive.

"I'm not sure that that's the wisest of plans..." Jenna trailed off, not really sure if she believed what she was saying. When she realised that they were still holding hand she had been taken off guard. She hadn't even noticed it. It felt so...so right. That thought hit her like a tonne of brick and she had ripped her hand away from Patrick's as if she had been scolded. Now though, with her hand back in her personal bubble again, she was very aware of how freezing cold she really was...particularly around the area of her left hand. However, she pushed everything to the side, chalking it up to her not being herself today, and refused to give into her bodies desire to reach her hand out to him again. she just needed to get some distance.

Apparently Patrick had other ideas.

"Sorry about that. Look, it's freezing out hear and you look like you could use something hot in you. I could help with that!" As soon as the words had left his mouth and the look of horror had planted itself on Jenna's featured he realised how his word could have been misunderstood as suggestive instead of friendly.

"How dare you! How easy do you think I am?! Don't answer that! Just get out of my way!" Jenna was seething as she shoved hard against Patrick's shoulder and began to stomp away dramatically, not listening to his excuse of, "I meant a Hot Chocolate or something!".
However, her process was hindered by the agonising pain that flared in her right ankle.
"Ow! Oh good God! What the hell did you do to my ankle Stump?!" Jenna questioned angrily as she glared at the man from beneath her curled eyelashes.

"Hey don't shout at me You were the one who came charging round the corner all guns blazing! And I don't appreciate you using my last name like that Miss..." Patrick drew a blank. "Well that's hardly fair! You know my first and last name and I know neither of yours so I have nothing to slag you off with!" Patrick fumed as that thought struck him.

"Oh yeah, I'm totally gonna tell you my name now. Way to win a girl over Stump!" Jenna retorted, childishly using his last name just to get a reaction out of him.

Patrick took a deep breath, took off his cap and ran his fingers through his hair, before placing the hat back on his head. "Will you let me carry you inside so you can get a seat and I can check your ankle? Please?" Patrick asked, genuinly concerned.

Jenna was ready to shout at him about how he was just try to 'Cop a feel!' but then she looked in his eyes and saw real concern and it wiped any idea she had of arguing with him right out of her head. So she simply nodded and staightened up so he could lift her more easily.

Patrick was slightly taken aback but he still rushed to her side. He placed his left arm under her arms and his right one behind her knees and scooped her up bridal style. She wrapped her arms around his kneck and revelled in the heat he was giving off. As she pushed open the door of the coffee house for him she said "Jenna. My name's Jenna Bradford."

"Well," said Patrick, relieved that they weren't fighting anymore, "it's lovely to meet you Jenna. Do ya come here often?"
Sign up to rate and review this story