Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believers Never Die...Well Maybe Sometimes

Ch 3-Coffee is the Best Medicine

by chandlerbing6 4 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-07-17 - Updated: 2010-07-17 - 2930 words

1Original
Thanks so much for the reviews eveyone. I think this story may be slightly AU because I want FOB to be up and coming but they are already 19-21 so...yeh! Hope that's ok? I'll mention one of my auditionees in this one too! Enjoy!



Patrick tried to get himself to raise his eyes from Jenna's lips, but she was making it very difficult. She was omitting moans of pleasure over the buttery croissant that she had just finished, and she was now licking her lips to rid herself of the excess butter that was glistening on her bottom lip. It had been his idea to get something to eat but he was beginning to regret it rapidly as he subtly adjusted himself in his seat for what felt like the fiftieth time! He had thought she was attractive outside in the bright light, but now that she was sitting across from him in the gentle light of the cafe she positively glowed. When she smiled, which Patrick noted she did very often, her face shone and he could have sworn that the entire area around her beamed too. Her laugh was gentle and pretty, though he could tell she was still fairly nervous and so wasn't letting herself go completely. She had started in on her pomegranate tea, at Patrick's recommendation, and he felt pride swell in his chest as she said it was the best thing she had ever tasted. He knew it was childish of him to be so happy that she had liked what he had suggested, but he found that he was desperate to please this woman. Patrick sipped at his Hot Chocolate as he listened to her tell him about her family.

"Well, it's just been me and my mum since I can remember. I really did have one of the best childhoods though. I never missed having a father. I guess it's true what they say, you don't miss what you never had, ya know? I would have loved to have met my Grandma though. She sounded like an amazing woman." Jenna didn't know why she was sharing this personal information with Patrick. She was a journalist. It was her job to weasel information out of others, not the other way around. Then again, Patrick wasn't trying to weasel anything out of her. He was simply listening intently as she rattled off her past and present. She paused for a moment, thinking that he was probably very bored by now, but when she saw him gazing at her over the rim of his mug and nodding for her to continue, she realised that he really did want to hear her story. That thought caused a warmth, that she wasn't prepared for, to spread throughout her body. It scared her, and she felt the sudden urge to run as long and as far away as possible. When faced with a fight or flight decision, Jenna was ashamed to say she would nearly always choose the latter. However, as she raised her head from her mug to excuse herself from Patrick's presence, what she saw made her forget any notion of running away.

"Erm, you...eh...you have some...foam. On your nose. Here let me." Jenna chuckled breathlessly as she reached for a napkin and beckoned Patrick forward with her index finger. Before she really noticed what she was doing, she was holding his chin in her left hand and wiping the residue from his nose with her left. She was done with the wiping soon, and yet she didn't let go of his chin. She locked her emerald eyes with his as she absent mindedly stroked along his jaw. He had such soft skin. She was so wrapped up in him that she didn't notice him raising his hand to wrap it around her right wrist until it was too late. She was ripped from her day dream by the pain that was shooting through her right arm.

"What...what is this?" Patrick questioned, his voice holding a tone of disbelief as he stared at her arm, as though he were willing the bruise to disappear beneath his gaze. Jenna tried to pull her arm away but Patrick just tightened his grip and raised his eyes to give her a questioning glare. He seemed to realise that he had caused her pain when her faced scrunched up, so he loosened his grip again.

Jenna took her chance and yanked her wrist back slightly too forcefully, causing her to wince from the pain. "It's nothing...I must have landed on it when I fell." Jenna chuckled nervously as she pulled her purple silk shirt down over her wrist again, as if that would mean the bruise no longer existed.

"The hell it's nothing!" Patrick didn't know why he had gotten so mad so quickly, but he was having to count to ten in his head to stop himself from running out into the city and finding the person who hurt his girl. He didn't even stop to think about the fact that he had referred to Jenna as his. "And that bruise is far too dark to have just happened! Who did this to you?!"

Jenna visibly recoiled from Patrick as his voice started to gain volume. Yes she was scared, but she also felt a sense of satisfaction from the reaction Patrick was giving her. Clearly he cared about her and that thought caused the familiar warmth to spread through her again. However, she knew that she had to change the topic or her ex would be in serious trouble, if the flames burning viciously in Patrick's eyes were anything to go by. "Look, it's a private thing. Please can we just forget about it. You said you'd look at my ankle, remember?" she asked, hoping that Patrick would drop and forget about the whole problem.

Patrick sighed. He knew she was just trying to distract him from the more pressing issue of her wrist but he had only just met her so he didn't want to push it. She'd tell him when she was ready to...although he made a mental note of it just incase she didn't. "Yeah ok. Let's have a look." Patrick said as he slid from his seat to crouch infront of her. He took off her shoe and was about to place it on the ground next to him when he realised the size of the heel. "Geez! How do you walk in them?! They're like really expensive stilts! And you could take someone's eyes out with that heel!" Patrick's face was a picture as he gawked at the piece of torture apparatus Jenna had chosen to wear on her foot. He was holding the thin heel in his hand and spinning the shoe around when Jenna snatched it from him.

"What's wrong with you?!" Jenna screeched as she glared at him, eyes wide and mouth ready to catch flies. "These are a master piece. These are the embodyment of beauty!" Jenna commented as she caressed them fondly. "And it took half my pay check to pay for them so hands off Stumpy!" Jenna tried to sound serious but her efforts were hampered by the broad grin that plastered itself on her face.

Patrick wasn't smiling.

"Stumpy?! You make me sound like the left overs of a dead tree! And I thought Patty Cakes was bad, ha!" Patrick grumbled the last part under his breath, but he wasn't quiet enough.

"Patty Cakes? AWW! That's so cute! Like the nursery rhyme right? Aww Pat..." The rest of her giddy sentence was cut off by Patrick's hand. He had to stop her from saying it so he did the first thing that came to mind. He stuck his hand over her mouth. "Mmmm, gmm omm!" Jenna squirmed under his grip as much as she could without drawing too much attention.

"I'll let you go if you promise never to say that name EVER AGAIN!" Patrick's words were threatening but, if he was completely honest, he wasn't hating the position of power he now had over her. Jenna hated it. She always had to have control but Patrick's smooth hand against her mouth was taking it away from her. She did the only thing she could think of...

She licked his hand!

Yes, it was a juvenile tactic but it hand the desired effect. Patrick pulled his hand away and began frantically wiping it against his jeans as his face contorted to show his disgust. Jenna simply crossed her legs and smirked smugly at the little show he was giving her.

"That was disgusting! And how old are you, eight?!" Patrick questioned angrily, trying to cover up the fact that he had felt butterflies explode in his stomach when her tongue had touched his skin. It made him wonder what it would feel like to have her tongue in other places. It was then that he had started to wipe his hand against his jeans, trying to make it look like he was affronted at what she had done instead of aroused.

"A lady never reveals her age." Jenna replied with a knowing smile as she handed him another napkin. "I'm sorry, it was just too easy. Forgive me?" Jenna knew that she was flirting shamelessly but she didn't care. She felt things around this man that she had never felt with anyone else. She liked him...a lot!

Patrick tried to glare at her but as soon as they locked eyes again, he melted. 'Ok that is not very manly Patrick. Come on! Man up!' Patrick scolded himself before saying, in a gruff manly voice, "That's fine. I can take ya!" 'Oh God, what did you just say?! Stupid, stupid, stupid!' Patrick chanted within his own head.

"Oh I don't doubt that you could." Jenna raised her eyebrow suggestively and stroked her shoeless foot along Patrick's thigh. She giggles when his eyes widened and he swallowed rapidly, before clearing his throat.

"Erm...I should..ah..take a look at your...at your eh..." All rational thought had gone out the window when Jenna had traced her foot along his leg. The way she was looking at him made him forget how to breath and he had lost all the feeling in his body, apart from at the thigh area where her foot had come to rest.

"My ankle?" Jenna prompted, happy that she had gotten such a strong reaction from the red head.

"Yeah, your...ankle." Patrick drawled as he focused all his attention on the one spot. His fingers pressed against the side of her ankle and Jenna sucked in a sharp breath. It was sore, but nowhere near as painful as it had been earlier. Patrick let go of her foot and asked her to twist it clockwise, and then anti-clockwise. When he was satisfied that neither movement caused her too much pain, he asked her for her shoe. Jenna watched as he delicatly slipped her shoe onto her foot, making sure not to hurt her anymore. The gentleness of his fingers made her heart swell with tenderness and she had to clear her throat before she spoke again.

"Thanks. I'm sure I can walk on it now." Jenna said quietly, realising she was saddened by the fact that she had to leave soon to get to her interview on time.

"No problem. It's just a sprain. Take it easy for a coupla days and you'll be fine." Patrick commented, trying to catch her eye again. He knew that they were going to part ways soon but he needed to know he would see her again. He had to have a guarantee. After a minute or two of silence he finally mustered up enough courage to ask her. " Listen, Jenna, do you think we could..."

His sentence was cut off by the impatient wailing of Jenna's mobile phone, blaring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme tune throughout the small cafe. 'Oh God, that is so embaressing' Jenna turned fifty different shades of red and said "I'm really sorry. One sec. Hello?" Jenna asked, more than slightly annoyed at the person who had interrupted the moment she was having.

"Jenna! Hey! How are yoooou?" Mandy dragged out the last syllable of the word.

"Mandy. Hi, what do you want?" Jenna was in no mood for mindless chitchat right now. Not when there was a gorgeous specimen of a man sitting twidling his thumbs in front of her.

"Hey! Don't get snippy with me. I'm your friend remember. F-R-I-E-N-D. You can spell right. I mean, it's kind of a requirement for a journalist!" Mandy quipped. Mandy was a journalist too, at the same magazine as Jenna. She had been the first person Jenna had spoken to on her first day and they had been inseparable ever since. That didn't mean that Mandy wasn't a sarcastic bissum from time to time.

"Yes I know how to spell that!" Jenna bit back. Then she sighed and her tone softened, "Look, I'm sorry I snapped at you. What's up babe?" Jenna asked, not really wanting to know but not wanting to hurt her friend either.

"It's The Boss Man!" Mandy said dramatically, using her pet name for Danny, the magazine's editor.

"Ugh! What does he want know?" Jenna asked, huffing childishly. Danny always said that Jenna was his favourite. At the beginning that was brilliant, she got all the best interviews and articles. Now, he gave her all the crap that he knew no-one else would want or could do and it was starting to grate on Jenna's nerves.

"Says he wants you to get your boyfriend to stop clogging up the phone lines. Why is James phoning hear anyway. You said you broke up with him." Jenna could hear the question in Mandy's voice. She could tell that her friend was hurt because she thought Jenna had lied to her.

"I did break up with James! I wouldn't lie to you about a thing like that hun. I showed you what he did to my wrist didn't I?" Jenna did her best to convince her friend that James was definitely her ex. Mandy started chatting about something trivial, clearly believing what jenna had said, on the other end of the phone but Jenna had stopped listening. She was staring wide eyed at Patrick who, after hearing what had happened to her wrist, had turned bright red. His eyes were like slights and she could tell he was trying to contain his anger by the way his hands were clenching and unclenching at his side.

"Mandy..hun..STOP TALKING! I gotta go alright? Luv ya!" Jenna hung up her phone and slid it back in her pocket as quickly as possible. Now she was sitting watching Patrick carefully, too scared to say anything that might make him even more mad. After a few minutes of pregnant silence Patrick spoke.

"Your...boyfriend did that to you." It wasn't a question. It was a statement that was tinged with disbelief and fury. Patrick couldn't believe that anyone could hurt this girl, let alone someone she was supposed to trust and who was supposed to love her unconditionally.

"NO! Well, yes, he did that but...he's not my boyfriend anymore. You heard me say that to Mandy right...?" Jenna let the question hang in the air, giving Patrick time to collect his thoughts. She didn't know why she felt like she had to let Patrick know that she was available. It shouldn't matter to him whether she was attainable or not but she couldn't stop herself from saying it.

Patrick seemed to soften at that news. He smiled slightly and said "Yeah I heard you say that. I also heard you tell her to shut up. You're such a good friend!" Patrick said sarcastically, with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh, haha! You'd get on really well with Mandy. She's a sarcastic twit too." Jenna retorted, not really meaning what she said about her friend. She just needed to make fun of Patrick.

Patrick smiled again, more shyly this time and refused to meet her eye. "Patrick, what's wrong?" Jenna asked, concerned that he didn't want to talk to her anymore now that he knew about James.

"Erm..." 'Come on! Just ask her...ASKHERASKHERASKHER!' 'OK!' Patrick shouted at himself...in his head. "I...just wondered..if I'll ever see you again."

'Smooth...'

"You might...I don't really know. Listen Patrick, I really have to go. It was great to meet you. I don't know if I'll see you again but...I know I'd like to. My mum always says 'Whatever will be, will be.' Let's just leave it at that ok?" Jenna smiled affectionatelly at Patrick as she stood up and threw her bag over her shoulder. Then she leaned down until her lips where right next to his ear and breathed the word "See ya around...Patty Cakes". With that she turned and walked as smoothly as was possible ,with a sprained ankle, out the door.

It took Patrick five minutes to come back down to earth and realise what she had called him. He responded with a delayed but very strong...

"HEY!"



Hope you all liked it. Not really sure where to go from here though. Lol! Three chapters and I'm already stuck, not good. Hope you like your part so far mandy9207! Thanks for reading and reviewing, if you do review that is lol! Bye!
Sign up to rate and review this story