Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believers Never Die...Well Maybe Sometimes

Ch 4-Tiaras Are SO Gawdy!

by chandlerbing6 6 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-07-17 - Updated: 2010-07-18 - 2405 words

0Unrated
PLEASE READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm really sorry to annoy everyone but I have decided that I am going to set my with FOB being famous already (instead of just an up and coming group) and Jenna just doesn't know who they are yet. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused!
Also, I realised that I should probably be saying that I don't own Fall Out Boy for copyright reasons and all. So, I don't own FOB. And when the time comes I also don't own Panic! at the Disco, Kyle from Forever the Sickest Kids or Gabe Saporta. Oh, or Ben and Jerrys! Thanks x



Jenna sucked in a sharp breath as the cold air of New York hit her again. She had been so wrapped up in the warm cocoon that Patrick had created that it hit her even harder than it usually did. Maybe that was because it was coupled with the reality that she would most likely never see Patrick again. At that thought, a crippling pressure pushed against her chest and she had to stop walking so she could concentrate on breathing again. When she felt ready, she began to walk purposely towards her destination, The Carlton Hotel, trying to focus on her job and push any idea of Patrick Stump from her mind.

The band she was going to interview was called Fall Out Boy. They were apparently a very famous pop/punk band (though Jenna hadn't really heard of them) that came from Chicago. 'Chicago. That's where Patrick said he was from.' Jenna thought wistfully as she remembered his beautiful eyes, his perfect smile, his full li...'Ok well the part about me pushing him out of my mind completely is going well!' Jenna caught herself before she fell too deep into her fantasy. As she rounded the corner of the Carlton, she realised, thankfully, that she would not have to think about Patrick Stump for at least an hour...which meant she could indulge in him later. He was like Ben and Jerry's ice-cream. You know it's not good for you but you convince yourself that if you space it out, it's not as bad.

Jenna paused at the door of the hotel to straighten her coat and comb her fingers through her wavy, fire red hair. Then she straightened up, pushed her shoulders back, and sauntered into the Carlton as though that was something she did on a regular basis. She still couldn't believe that she was going to be doing the interview there! The architecture was magnificent and Jenna found it hard to pry her eyes away from the beauty that the high, open ceilings created. However, she didn't want to stand out in such a grand setting so she pretended as though this magnificent buliding was nothing she hadn't seen before and sashayed toward the welcome desk.

"Good day ma'am. How can I help you today?" The peroxide blonde behind the counter said all the right words but with an air of disgust to them, as though she didn't think Jenna was good enough to clean the steps of the hotel, let alone set foot in it. Moreover, she was speaking with a British accent. Now, Jenna had nothing against a good British accent. In fact she had tuned into Buffy The Vampire Slayer just to here Giles and Spike talk many times. This girl's accent, however, was so put on it would have made the Queen herself sound common. The fact that this woman was daring to look down her nose at Jenna, coupled with that horrible accent, made Jenna want to slap her so hard that her grandchildren would still feel it. Nevertheless, Jenna breathed deeply, plastered that well practised smile on her face and spoke.

"Yes. I wonder if you could tell me which room the band Fall Out Boy are staying in please?" Jenna saw the woman's lips curve into a sneer and knew she was one of those job's worth types. 'Oh come on, you're a secretary in a bloody hotel woman! If you were off, nothing would fall apart! They'd just get a temp in to do your job, realise she was better and then fire you. Ah, the circle of life!' Jenna thought as she pictured the blonde being carted away by two strong, attractive looking men...who bore a striking resemblance to Patrick! 'No! Concentrate! You're working now! Snap out of it!'

"I'm sorry ma'am but you're not entitled to that information." The woman said in a sickly sweet tone. She clearly thought she had gotten one up on Jenna, and she was very pleased with herself. Still, Jenna had her own secret weapon.

"Listen...Tiara." Jenna could barely contain her snort at the name printed on the woman's badge. Clearly her parents hated her just as much as Jenna did. "This badge," Jenna whispered as she leaned across the desk, holding her badge between the thumb and index finger of her left hand, "entitles me to whatever I want." Jenna revelled in the look of shock and fury that passed fleetingly over Tiara's face, before she plastered her previous (and slightly pained smile) on again.

"Oh. I'm sorry Miss Bradford. I didn't realise who you were. They're in Room 212. Just knock on the door and they'll let you in." Tiara back tracked as quickly as she could.

"Oh I'm so glad you told me to knock. I would have just stared at the door until it had open. Thanks again Tiara!" Jenna copied the girl's smile perfectly before she pivotted on her heels and made her way to the toilet in reception. She knew it was childish of her to have lowered herself to that woman's level, but she couldn't help herself. Besides, the woman had asked for it. She shouldn't have started something that she couldn't finish!

Jenna pushed open the door of the woman's toilet, made her way to the sink and heaved her far too heavy bag onto the the ledge. She took out her dictaphone and her pad and pen, just to make sure they were there and ready for her as soon as she needed them. She wrote down a couple of notes about what she knew of the band already and then closed the pad. Then she took out her change of clothes. Yes, it was strange for a reporter to carry another set of clothes with her but Jenna always did, incase of an emergency. When she had bumped into Patrick earlier, she had gotten grit and mud on her tan skirt and had ripped her tights so she had to change. She still had ten minutes before she had to meet the band so she rushed into a cubicle, yanked off her jacket, skirt, shirt and tights and threw them in her bag. She then pulled her LBD over her head and shimmied it down the length of her. She knew that they were a relatively young band, and that they were in no way prudish so she decided she could get away with showing a bit more skin. That didn't mean she looked skanky though. The dress came down to just above her knees and it was very fitted. Thick straps traversed Jenna's shoulders and criss crossed over each other at the front, giving her more cleavage. Also, thankfully, she had shaved her legs the night before so she could go without tights and not look like a caveman! She put her tan trenchcoat back on and switched shoes, changing into a pair of tan coloured, platform Valentinos. Yes, ok she liked her shoes. Still, they were her only indulgence in life. When she was a young girl, Jenna had always joked with her mum that she would go bankrupt on shoes. Thankfully it hadn't reached that level yet, but she had to be very careful. Coming out of the cubicle, Jenna made sure all the clothes were packed neatly away in the bag. She ruffled her hair slightly and applied more red lipstick. She looked over herself once more in the mirror before turning around and strutting out the door, making a b-line for the elevator. No way was she taking the stairs in these shoes!

As Jenna walked into the elevator, she felt a shiver run down her spine. Her mother had always said that that meant something good was just around the corner. Now that she was older, she knew that none of those ideas had any truth to them, but she couldn't help but picture Patrick's gorgeous face. She had decided, just beforre she left the coffee shop, that if they were meant to be, they would cross paths again. Serendipidy, you know? That was exactly what she had said to Patrick! Still, as she thought about it more, she wasn't sure that that was the right thing to do. She liked Patrick, and Patrick liked her. So who cares if it's their destiny to be together or not?! They could make their own destiny.....

Jenna sighed as she forcefully banged her head against the elevator wall. Thankfully she was alone, or else that moment would have made the rest of the journey very awkward. What was he doing to her. She had left him sitting in that cafe over an hour ago, promising herself that she would just let things happen the way they were meant to, let the dice fall where the may. Now, she was banging her head against a wall, (perilously close to the stop button I might add) chanting the words 'Whatever will be, will be' out loud and singing the words 'Destiny' and 'Fate' inside her own head. Her head whipped up swiftly as she figured out what was worng with her.

Patrick had drugged her!

She couldn't believe she hadn't seen it before. He had been the one to offer her a drink. He had practically forced her to eat. He had made sure that she went and sat down while he ordered everything. She knew Pomegranate tea didn't sound right and...Jenna through her head back against the way and resumed banging. 'That didn't even sound plausible to you, you dolt!' she scolded herself for thing badly about Patrick, even for a moment. Everything she remembered about him made her smile. She remembered the genuine concern he had showed her, just before he picked her up and carried her into the cafe. She remembered the way his skin felt beneath her finger tips. She remembered how the fury in his eyes, when he had found out what James had done to her, had made her shiver with its intensity. Mostly she remembered his smell, a mix of vanilla and sandalwood, manly uet calmig. She had to resist the urge to kiss him when she had whispered in his ear just before leaving the cafe. Remembering everything she had experienced this afternoon was making Jenna feel very light headed and she could hear her breath hitching in the solitude of the lift. She had stopped hitting her head against the wall a few minutes ago but only now did she straightened up completely, she smoothed down her hair and her dress and picked up her handbag, just in time to here the lift ping, telling her it had arrived at her floor.

She stepped out of the lift and walked shakely down the corridor. She took a moment to breath and to remind herself that she was working now. At the mention of her job, Jenna's stomach flopped over itself anxiously. She always got slightly nervous before an interview. I mean, the person/people could be rude, too touchy feely, tired, snitty. She could run out of questioned or they could be very unco-operative with their answers, which would almost definitely lead to an awkward lull in the conversation. However, she had more butterflies than usual today, and Jenna didn't understand why. Putting her thoughts aside, she turned the corner of the hallway and walked to room 212. She realised now that this was the penthouse. 'Fancy'
She knocked and waited for someone to answer, busying herself with fixing her hair and taking out her phone(which doubled as a mirror! Will the wonders of modern technology never cease?!) to make sure she didn't have any lipstick on her teeth. Eventually a tall, broad man open the door for her and, after inspecting her badge closely, ushered her inside. He took her coat and didn't mention the bruise on her wrist, which Jenna appreciated greatly. He offered her a drink and she gladly accepted it, only just realising that she was in dire need of some liquid. He introduced himself as Bob McLynn, the band's manager, and explained that the boys were just taking a break. He excused himself to go into their seperate bedrooms and hurry them along, giving Jenna a chance to look around the relatively large room. They had clearly only just moved in! There were clothes strewn all over the place, Jenna must have counted about thirty hoodies alone. As well as that, she saw that every power point in the entire living/kitchen area was being used to charge some kind of electronic device. There were PSPs, Nintendos, Nintendo DSs, Gameboys, Blackberries and phones all over the place. However when she turned around, Jenna really fainted clean away from what she saw before her...

A laptop!

This wasn't just ANY laptop though. This was THE laptop. It was a MacBook Pro, 17" screen with a 2 GB RAM. It's enviromentally friendly and it has a 24-bit external display. Jenna felt herself reaching for it. She had wanted one of these since she became a journalist. She was seriously contemplating sticking it underneath her dress and passing off the rectangular bulge it would create as the new fashion. However, her plan was thwarted when she heard a voice that she never thought she would hear again. She whipped round as soon as she heard him whisper her name.

"Jenna?!"

"Patrick?!"

"Pete!!!!!"




Sooooooo......what do ya think? Hope it's moving fast enough for everyone. Oh, and make sure you read the author's note at the begining of this chapter. If you have any ideas you want me to work into the story just give me a review and I will respond to you as quickly as possible. Thanks xx
Sign up to rate and review this story