Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believers Never Die...Well Maybe Sometimes

Ch 4-"That's my name baby,..."

by chandlerbing6 5 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-07-20 - Updated: 2010-07-20 - 1964 words

1Ambiance
I wasn't really sure what to do with this chapter, so it might be a bit pointless lol! Hope the next one is better. Again, ideas are always welcome! Some more characters introduced in this chapter! Thanks xx



Jenna whipped round to see where the sound had come from. She didn't have to turn far. As soon as she had turned 180 degrees, she came nose to nose with..."Pete was it?" Jenna inquired, trying to remain calm, even though she could feel this strange man's warm breath on her cheek.

"That's my name baby, don't wear it out..." Pete drawled out, not even bothering to conceal the way he was raking his eyes over her body. Jenna was about to come back with some kind of smart comment that would probably have gotten her in trouble when she felt an arm worm its way around her waist. Her eyes shot to it's source, ready to smack it away, when she saw that the arm belonged to Patrick, who was now standing just behind her. He began to pull her back gently as he spoke.

"Not this one Pete. Sorry...Well no, I'm not actually." He snickered as Pete feigned a look of shock, but didn't say anything back. As he turned Jenna around to face him, Patrick noted that he still had his arm around her, but he did nothing to remedy the situation. He liked having her near him. It felt right. "What are you doing here?" Patrick asked with a genuine, and extremely wide, smile on his face. He hadn't expected to ever see this woman again. So the fact that she was now in his hotel suite had come as quite of a shock. A good shock, but still...The only way he could be happier is if it was just the two of them. Ah well, a man can dream!

"I'm here to interview Fall Out Boy. You're in Fall Out Boy..." Jenna trailed off as she tried to process what was happening. Why hadn't he mentioned that he was in a band? Was he happy to see her again? What had he meant when he said "Not this one"? All these questions were running through her head but she couldn't get them out of her mouth. Partly because of the shock, mostly because of Patrick's hand. It had travelled down to her hip and was now tracing idle patterns against the thin material of her dress. She didn't know if he was aware of what he was doing to her, but the fact that she was barely able to breath may be giving him a hint.

"Yeah I am...Jenna are you ok? You're really pale and you're not breathing very well. Sit down." Patrick pulled her down onto the sofa softly as he spoke. He was genuinely worried. He was scared that she was reacting this way because she knew who he was now, and therefore didn't want to be involved with him, in a friendly way or otherwise. He couldn't even handle that thought so he forced it to the back of his mind and put all his attention on the woman sitting in front of him. She seemed a little better now that she was off her feet, some colour had come back to her cheeks at least. "Listen, we can re-schedule this interview for another time if you want to. Whatever is best for you." Patrick hoped that he was helping to take some of the stress out of the situation. The bright smile she threw him answered that question quickly.

"That's sweet, but I have to get this done. 'The Boss Man' will have my hide." Jenna giggled as she remembered her and Mandy's joke. At Patrick's questioning gaze she explained, "Danny. He's my editor and he's a real hard ass. Can't go back to him with nothing." She cast her eyes downward and sighed as she began to regain her composure. She kept waiting for Patrick to say something, to try and hurry her along, but he never did. He simply sat there and waited until she raised her head. Jenna appreciated how considerate he was being. "Right, shall we begin?" she was straight into business mode, knowing it was the only way she could get through this without going into shock again.

Patrick nodded and motioned to the other side of the room. Jenna looked in that direction and noticed that they had an audience. She blinked rapidly and straightened in her seat. Staring back at her were six bored looking people, three men and three women. She already new Pete, a slightly femimine looking man but with more presence than anyone she had ever met, even when he was just standing still. He was now standing beside a slightly pissed off woman who was flicking her brown hair out of her face whilst glaring at him from her chocolate eyes. Clearly this was his girlfriend and she was not pleased with what he had said to Jenna. Jenna couldn't help feeling that it was a common occurence. Next to the two of them was another man and woman. The man was tall, particularly next to Pete, and had hair that seemed to defy gravity, and yet wasn't frizzy. Jenna made a mental note to ask him what kind of product he used. She then looked at the woman standing next to him, his arm placed securely around her waist. She was exactly the same height as the man who was holding her and she was gazing intently at Jenna, with green eyes that closely resemble Jenna's, as she ran her fingers through her milk chocolate coloured hair absently.

Next to them was a man who looked like the epitome of rock. His long chestnut hair hung to his shoulders and framed his face nicely. He smiled from beneath a moustache which, Jenna noticed, wasn't the exact same shade as his hair. He seemed welcoming, just like the woman standing next to him did. She peeked out from beneath her jet black fringed (her hair was just longer than her man's, reaching to underneath her chest) and her wide grin showed her pearly white teeth, which gave her tanned skin a healthy glow. Jenna found it amusing that the slightly more intimidating looking man, out of the six people infront of her,(his long hair, really hard core looking clothes and his many tatoos may have given that impression) was the one who was smiling the largest. Excluding Patrick, who had been gazing at Jenna the entire time, although she didn't know that. She turned her attention towards him again and he awoke from his trance to introduce eveyone.

He started with Pete and worked down. "So you know Peter Panda over there." Patrick joked but when he saw the glare he recieved, he backed off, raising his hands in surrendder. "Kidding. Next to him is Emily, his girlfriend. Then it's Joe and Brooke, also an item. Finally, Andy and Lissa and, you've guessed it, they're togehter too!" Patrick exclaimed. They all said hi or waved to Jenna and she nodded back.

"I think I can remember that." Jenna joked, recieving a small, non-commital laugh from the others. The room went silent and Jenna could her herself swallow as she tried to think of a way to make her next sentence sound non-stalker like. "So...cough...is your girlfriend out just now." 'Oh that was brilliant...Why didn't you just jump on him and try to rip his trousers off?!; Jenna shouted at herself for how uncasual her tone had been. Still, she felt a surge of hope rise inside of her when she saw his shocked looked, which was quickly replaced by a gentle smile.

"No...I don't have a..." Patrick's sentence was cut off by manic laughter that was coming from across the room. Jenna turned her head to see Pete doubled over and sliding down the wall, tears coming streaming down his face as he tried to get his breath back. "Sorry..." he gasped. "It's just...so...funny that you think...HE...." he had to stop completley as his face was turning purple from the lack of oxygen. Emily shot her hand out and hit him upside the head, which stiffled his laughter slightly, though he was still giggling. "Shut up you silly little hobbit!" Emily shouted.

That did it.

Pete shot up from the floor and got right in Emily's face. Her eyes were burning but Jenna could see the corners of her mouth twitching, a smile fighting to be released.

"What did you say?" Pete questioned, his eyes now only slits and his teeth beared. Jenna was scared of what he was going to do to this girl. Just as she was about to intervine, Pete surged forward and attacked Emily's sides. He began to tickle her mercilously until tears were welling up in her eyes and she was screaming/gigggling at him. He let go and kissed the tip of her nose before turning back to Patrick. "Sorry mate. You were saying something." Pete apologised as if the whole situation hadn't happened. Jenna decided to just leave it be, she was just as interested in what Patrick was going to say herself. She stared at him, unblinking, waiting for him to say the words she wanted to hear.

"Pete's right. It doesn't matter." was not what she was expecting.

She thought about just letting it slide and going on with the interview but she knew that she wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything until she knew the answer to her question. So she leaned forward, grasped the hand that was laying on Patrick's knee, looked him directly in the eye and whispered, quietly enough so only he could hear, "It matters to me."

Patrick knew then that he was done for. When she said that to him he had been completely ready to prove to her that what she was saying wasn't true. Though it was harsh, Pete;s reaction was more than accurate. No-one fancied him. He was the boy in the background. What would a confident, beautiful women like her want with a loner like him? Yet, when he looked deep into her eyes, he found no trace of doubt, no flinch beacuse she was lying. What he did see was a fire. A fire that burned strongly and that was unwavering. A fire that burned, if what she said was true, for him.

"I don't have a girlfriend. I'm completely free. Single. Attainable. Not commited. Alone...yeah." 'I think she gets it you jackass!' Patrick just wanted her to know that, if she ever wanted to start something with him, he was more than ready.

Jenna laughed gently again and blushed. "That's good to know." she said as she gazed longingly at his full and parted lips. If it had only been the two of them in the room she would have had her lips wrapped around his, massaging them in a steady and sensual rhythm. Her eyes began to close involuntarily as she imagined it. Patrick's finger caressing the back of her hand, which was still within his, pulled her from her fantasy. She cleared her throat and said "Right, let's get started." She began to pull her hand away as the band started to walk towards her and Patrick. Just before they reached them, he pulled her forward by the hand and whispered in her ear, making her shiver, " We'll go and eat after this." Not a question, a statement. With that, he let go of her hand and lent back in his seat, not bothering to wait for an answer. They both knew it was a 'Yes!'
Sign up to rate and review this story