Categories > Books > Cirque du Freak > Freak

Freak 2

by Lilithnyx 0 reviews

read

Category: Cirque du Freak - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Darren Shan - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-07-25 - Updated: 2010-07-25 - 770 words

0Unrated
Freak! Chapter 2: Warnings: 2 character deaths, crass speaking, break up drama, overwhelming guilt, and swearing... Enjoy

!***************

Everything was going fine, or so we thought...

A shrill, naughty sounding scream broke the perfect silence. Uh oh! The wolfmans eyes snapped open, two big yellow eyes glared at me and teeth happened all so fast... I don't realy remember much of what happened...The beast let out a feral howl. Mr. Tall started shouting orders to the little people and the preformers to get the crowd out. The handlers tried to control the wolfman... But he broke free... I could only watch as one brave soul from the cirque threw himself in front of the wolfman to save the crowd and was torn to sheds... I knew he was dead.

Then something in my head clicked... I remember running forward putting myself in between the wolf man and several others, There is one thing I remember clealy, as soon as I saw the wolf man turn, I lifted my rifle and pulled the trigger and I didn't stop... As the first few bullets hit time seemed to slow down, we met eyes for the briefest instant. Yellow met green and all went silent... I swear to this day, that he smiled, that he was asking me to end it all. I know it sounds crazy, but all the same, I did as he asked, I ended it...
BANG!

Things get a little hazy after that...The wolf man dropped with a whine, I heard my mentor calling my name, the gun was taken from my hands and then, all went black as the ground rush up to meet me...

************"

Nyx? Nyx?" I heard someone calling me... The room swam and things weren't clicking in my head... Ugh, gods did my head hurt, my shoulder hurt a little too. An arm shook me. "Nymphadora!" The world around me came in to focus... Mr. C was at my side, I was in a tent and laying down. Damn, I'd fainted. "What happened?" I asked still a bit dazed. Mr. C gave me a worried look, "You fainted.""I kinda figured that out myself, thanks. I mean what happened? How many were killed?" Might as well get this out of the way. To my surpise Mr. C held me close, in a rare show of affection. "The crowd was shaken up a bit, but they were not hurt... The crew man however, did not survive..." My heart dropped, I had figured as much but it still wasn't easy to hear it said out loud. "But, because of your actions, many other lives were saved. You were very brave, my little bat. While others were in panic you stood forward and took action. You put yourself in deaths way and saved many lives... There are those who think you are a hero..." Mr. C smiled at me. I didn't return vampire in me cringed in shame. One I had used a gun... And two, well I just didn't like the fact that I allowed someone to get killed because I hesitated. "I'm no hero," I laughed humorlessly. I saw Mr.C frown out of the corner of my eye.

"I hesitated... Because I lost focus and wasn't paying attention. Because I wasn't paying attention and didn't react quickly enough, someone got killed. If I had been ready as I should have been, none of this would have happened. I could have stopped this! It's my fault that man got killed. If I'd been ready, he'd still be alive. "Mr.C shook his head at me,"Little bat, this event was not your fault, not at all! No one could have possibly predicted what would occure... Not even Mr. Tall. You did all that you could do." Angry tears rolled down my face. "And what I did wasn't good enough. I could have... Should have," I corrected, "Done better, reacted sooner, moved faster! I could have saved his life! I know I could have!"Mr. C held me close. Then a thought hit me, "Shanus? Is he ok?" A look of pure hatred and loathing came over my mentors face, honestly it scared the shit out of me. I'd never seen him this mad before. "Master Shanus was a part of what caused this event!" I shook my head, not understanding.

"What do you mean he caused it?" Mr. C snorted, "The damn spotty boy was ravishing a young lady in the crowd, in the very thearater we were preforming in. He did something which caused her to scream, which in turn woke the wolfman from his trance.

"*************
Sign up to rate and review this story