Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fml

Five years to the day

by AddixxSin 3 reviews

This is what happens five years later. Sorry it too so long.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-07-26 - Updated: 2010-07-26 - 9123 words

2Original
I just want to thank everyone who has commented,Rated or even read the story.Thank you so much from the bottom of my black little heart.

-5 years later-
Addie Pov.

“Morgan you need to wake up.” I said as I prodded my friend of 15 years. After high school, Morgan moved in with me and my parents moved to a retirement home in Florida. As long as we went to college, we got the house; and it sounded like a fair deal to me.

“Where are we going?” She asked and still didn’t appear to be moving.

“To your cake tasting thingy! You’re the one getting married remember?!” I said causing her to sigh.

“Yup Im getting married!” She said smiling and finally rising from the mountain of blankets on her bed.

“And I hope you are both very happy. Now get your ass in gear! They are going to pick us up soon.” I said and I walked out of the room to do my hair and make up.

I had really changed these past five years. I was working as an art consultant to a business that makes album covers. I had chopped my long hair off so now it was bright blonde and was right under my jaw line. My first tattoo was of a small black heart shaped box on my ankle, and now I’m also Morgan’s maid of honor.

“Addie . . . Can you take this tag off for me?” Morgan asked in a whiney childish voice. Some things will never change.

“Yeah, sure. Bring’em here.” I said as I did my eyeliner. Her fiancée and his best man were coming to pick us up so we can get the cake all set up, and then go get dresses/tuxes. I pulled the tag off Morgan’s shirt and we had just finished getting ready by the time Mikey was at the door.

“Yo! Lover boy is here!” I said as Mikey let himself into the foyer. ”Hey lil Way” I said giving him a hug.

“Hey Addie, How are you?” He had remained the same dork for the last five years. Except he got rid of his glasses and got surgery. He looked a little more grown up now. He also dyed his hair black and wore less Anthrax t shirts than he used to.

“Im good, Im good. How about you?” I asked, as we waited for Morgan to hurry up.

“Im good. So are you gonna be okay today? I mean he’s waiting in the car right now. . . .”He said glancing back towards the front door.

So heres the thing. Gerard and I haven’t talked that much during the past few years. He got into drugs again, went into rehab, and was doing a bunch of stuff that didn’t involve calling me. His band put out another 2 albums and they had been touring like crazy.

“Yeah, I will be fine. Im here for you and Morgan and that’s all that’s important.” Morgan had finally come into the conversation and realized what was going on.

“Gerard’s here?” She asked and I could tell she was kind of mad at that.

“Yes, He is. Now let’s go get some cake and stuff for your wedding!” I said and we walked out of the house. The van they used to drive had been switched by a big black truck, and Gerard was in the driver’s seat.

He looked at me and I looked away. I have seen him in magazines and saw that he had changed quite a lot. He chopped his black hair off and dyed it blonde, now it was back to black.

Mikey got in the passengers seat and Morgan and I got in the back. Mikey had moved here for a bit and the band had come in for the wedding (which was a month away).The reason the wedding was so close is because the guys have to go on tour soon.

We reached the local bakery in town and went into the sweet smelling office.

“Hi, Are you the Way party?” The middle aged receptionist asked. To be honest she looked like professor Umbridge from Harry Potter.

“Yes, we are. Im Mikey.This is my brother, Gerard. My fiancée Morgan and her maid of honor, Addie.”Mikey introduced us. We each gave a little wave to show who was who and we were directed into a back office. The room had four places set up with a tray with dozens of mini cakes. They had fondant in different colors, probably to distinguish flavor, and each had a little fondant bow on it.

“I feel like a giant.” Morgan said as she looked closer at the baby cakes. Just then a very thin and nerdy looking man walked out of the door and spoke to us in a slight lisp.

“Hi My name is Dave and I will be helping you with your wedding cake selection today. Are there any questions before we get started? No? Good. Okay to the Bride and Groom sit here, made of honor and best man there. Now we can go through a bunch of different flavors. How about we start with chocolate? Okay? Great. Here is a sheet to differentiate which cakes from which. Just shout if you need anything. Kay? Bye!” The man, Dave, quickly said before tossing a sheet at us and leaving.

“Okay that dude made me tired just listening to him. How can a person talk that fast?” I said sitting down across from Morgan and Mikey. Gerard apprehensively took the seat next to me and we started going through the mini cakes, color by color.

“What is this one?” Morgan asked holding up an orangish crème colored cake with a red bow.

“I think that is white cake with peach filling. That one is Chocolate with a white chocolate mousse. Dude those sound good.” I said looking at the sheet.

“I just like how big they make me feel.” Morgan said holding a mini cake. Mikey laughed and we joked around about the mini cakes till we found a blue one that tasted pretty good. It was a white cake with butter crème and almond insufused filling. There was gonna be three tiers and each was a different flavor. That would be the base; the next was the white sheet cake with peach, and then the chocolate mousse. We sketched out a little drawing on the back of the flavor sheet and it looked like a nice traditional wedding cake. The colors of the wedding were black, purple, white, and a slight orange color for flowers. It was Morgan’s idea.

After another 2 second meeting with Dave. We told him we will send in a sketch of how the cake was going to look, Gerard was gonna put more details in it and give it to him tomorrow.

We all piled in the car to meet the guys and girls at the dress/ tuxedo shop. Gerard and I were in the backseat and were almost trying to meld ourselves with the doors.

My silence was out of bitterness and his was awkward confusion as he didn’t really get what was bugging me.

We reached Annie’s wedding shop and saw Bob, Ray and Frank standing outside talking to Morgan’s cousins Rachel and Lauren, also our friends Amy and Zoë. Rachel had dark brown hair and a bright smile, which she showed often. Lauren was the same way but a little more thoughtful in her wording. Amy we had gotten to know over the years and we had become the three amigos. Zoë we had met our junior year and she was still a senior in highschool.Zoe was a slight kind of girl with shiny blonde hair and a sports body. I think she plays soccer or something. She was a combination of me and Morgan, but cooler I guess. Anyways it was hard to find a week when we haven’t hung out with them at least once.

“ADDIE!” Frank shouted and pounced on me as I got out of the car.

“Hey Frankenstein, what’s the happs?” I hadn’t seen him since his own wedding to aunt Jamia, and I missed him dearly.

“You cut your hair. It’s fluffy.” He said as he entertained himself by messing up my hair.

“Ha-ha yes it is. Now let me up.” I said and he pulled me to my feet. Everybody said their hellos and I went around hugging everybody. Ray had also gotten married to a very nice girl named Robin and they are expecting the first MCR baby.

“Shall we go in?” Bob asked and we all went into the shop. Bob is still a bachelor and living it up. I actually haven’t heard of his dating anyone.

“Okay girls to the left, Boys to the right.” The desk lady said and we waved goodbye; and the guys had to get Frank off my leg.

The girl’s side was decorated white with creamy coffee colors. There was a rack of purple dresses and one white bag in the middle of the room. We sent in our sizes and found our individual dresses with relative ease. The bridesmaids dresses were a in between purple with a sash under the boobs. They had no sleeves, but it had a lacy thingy over the boobs. They looked gorgeous. But Morgan’s dress was the best.

It had no sleeves but a lace little shrug thing. The dress was plain, but it looked amazing on her. It had a little beading and lace on the corset and went down into a plain crème skirting that I was convinced she would trip over.

“You look b-e-a-utiful!” Zoe said hugging Morgan. We took pictures and joked around till we got bored and decided to change into our normal clothes and wait for the boys.

Gerard’s Pov.

So today is an awkward day. Im seeing a girl who I loved for a long time, but then I fell apart. I wanted to get better for her, that’s why I went into rehab. But now im not sure how to tell her I still care about her.

“Okay I have no idea how to do this.” Frank said looking down at his askew outfit. Im surprised he knows how to dress himself regularly.

“Here I’ll help you.” Mikey said as he adjusted Frank’s jacket. He turned his head to me and gave me a look.

“What?” I asked, buttoning my vest.

“Why haven’t you talked to Addie?” Mikey asked and all the guys agreed.

“Because I don’t know how.” I answered simply. I didn’t. “Without making myself sound like a jackass anyway.”

“Well you need to talk to her soon. Because at the wedding you both are doing the spotlight dance with us.” He said fixing Frank’s bow tie.

“What!? You didn’t tell me this!” I said and Mikey nodded and said “You’re doing it whether you like it or not.”

“Well I guess I better talk to her then.” I said as the tailor walked in to check how everything was fitting.

Addie Pov. 1 week later

“Okay so you’re sure you don’t want to know what we are doing for your bachelorette party?” I asked as I made the plans for next Friday night.

“Yes Im sure. But if you get me a stripper then I will kill you.” Morgan said as she ate blue moon ice cream next to me.

“Cancel the stripper, got it. Oh and do you want Tony at the party? I mean, Come on. He’s gay. He doesn’t count as a dude.” I said looking over the guest list. Mostly it was the bridal party, along with a few high school friends and him.

“Bring the fag on! If he can handle it that is.” She laughed and got up to scoop more ice cream. I was planning most of the wedding and Morgan’s mother was taking care o flowers and such. Making sure payments went through and that everything was delivered on time. I was just in charge of ordering stuff.

“Alrightyo. I will call him up later.” I checked that to do off the list and settled in for a night of underworld vampires and ice cream.

Friday.

“Tony! Shut up!” I whisper yelled as we decorated the house for the party later tonight. Purple streamers and black and white balloons covered the living room and white tables with catering dishes were set up. I just made pastas and other foods Morgan would like.

The bride to be was still sleeping and Tony was rocking out to Adam lamberts new single and was getting a little too loud.

“Sorry Hun, Ya know how I love him.” He said shrugging and hanging another streamer.

“Oh yes I do.” I said and gave him a hug. Tony had stayed the same. The only thing that changed about him was his hair color, which at the moment was purple to match the wedding. The worst color he had was a mix of green and red for Christmas.

“Hey its four o’clock. Should we wake Morgan?” Tony asked and I nodded. He ran to her bedroom and I heard a shriek.

“TONY!!!” She yelled as he carried her, bridal style, to the kitchen.

“I woke her up.” He said feeling proud of this fact. She hit him and he set her down. She was in her pjs still and had a blanket wrapped around her sleepy frame.

“You made food.” She said cheering up and I pointed to the plate on the table for her. As she nommed that down, Tony and I finished decorating and got glammed up. Basically I did my make up and hair and Tony did his. He can rock the guy liner.

Not till seven did we hear the first knock of party guests and it was Amy with the party hats and boas. I mean feathery awesomeness boas. Not the snake. I already convinced Tony not to bring his two babies angel and aspen (ball pythons).

“I better get a hug for this.” Amy said as she unloaded all the boas and hats off her body. Morgan had gotten dressed and had gotten dibs on the bright orange boa. We joked around a bit till the rest of the gang got here and claimed their hats and boas.

“Now onto party games. We asked Mikey some questions and now you have to guess what he said.” I said grabbing the envelope that held the answers and gave her a write and wipe board. To which I got a picture of stick figure me getting eaten by squirrels. “Lovely Morgan.”

“This game is gonna be stupid.” Morgan complained and some agreed.

“Yeah, but that’s what makes it a wedding party game.” I said and asked the first question.

“What’s Mikeys middle name?” I asked and she bit her lip and wrote down her answer. “Okay Mo show what you wrote.” I sad and she showed us a picture of a heart and within it had Michael James Way written on it.

“Good job Morgan!” That went on for a while till Tony was adding questions of his own. Like what’s Mikeys dick size. To which Morgan started writing then understood what the question meant and quickly erased it.

Around midnight or so the door bell rang and the stripper was here! I know Morgan wanted one, and if she didn’t. . . .She’s got to know what a dick looks like at some time or another.

“I wonder who that could be . . .”I said excitedly and skipped to the door. “Hello Mr.—Gerard? What are you doing here?” I asked, leaning against the doorframe. Gerard was on the doorstep with a bag from Tjs that clinked together, so it must have some booze in it. Also a small bag from walmart that held a carton of ice cream.

“I thought that we could talk. I have some stuff to say and I really need to tell you.” He stood there awkwardly holding the bags and I sighed.

“Its Morgan’s bachelorette party right now. Come by tomorrow and we can talk.” I said placing a hand on his shoulder.

“I will take that.” I heard Tony say as he stole the booze and ice cream from Gerard’s hands. Gerard just looked at him and waved away my offer to pay him back.

“Pay me back by going to get some coffee with me.” He said and walked back down the drive way towards his car.

It was a great time for the stripper to come walking up the drive way in a police uniform with the name “officer sexy” on his nametag. Gerard gave me a confused look behind the guys back and I shrugged, smiled, and let him in.

“Ahhh! I told you not to!” Morgan said from Tony’s lap. He was holding her seated so she couldn’t run away and everybody was laughing their asses off.

The stripper was a good sport over all. During Morgan’s constant shouts of “penis’s are icky!” He still gave her quite a lap dance. He left with someone’s boa, a party hat, and Tony’s number.

Then we broke out the booze and ice cream. Gerard remembered my favorites and got peach schnapps and vodka, along with some vanilla bean ice cream. We popped in Tony’s Adam Lambert cd and danced our night away.

Those are the facts I remember. According to the pictures I also was on top of the wooden coffee table in the living room and started doing a slutty dance. There’s a picture of Morgan and Zoë trying to catch a rouge ice cream scoop. Another of Morgan’s cousins hitting on Tony and him looking quite scared. Then I looked in the mirror and found out someone had poorly drawn a Hitler mustache on me when I fell asleep on the floor.

Bodies littered the floor, also glitter (no idea how that happened). I tip toed my way around everybody and got to the bathroom to wash my face, as to not offend any Jews.
I noticed it was one o’clock and groaned. I probably have to meet Gerard soon.

After an IV bag and a half of coffee, I started cleaning the house. I wrapped up the food and put paper towel over the spilled drinks. I saved popping the balloons till I needed everybody up.

I now deem that glitter is like the herpes of arts and crafts. You can never get rid of that shit! I tried picking it up when I realized Tony woke up. His purple hair was sticking out all over the place and he had a bright red lipstick print on his cheek. He walked into the kitchen with his eyes closed and got some coffee and aspirin.

“How are ya buddy?” I asked and gave him a hug. I regretted it once I remembered he got sick last night. I backed away and his face was crumpled in discomfort. Or in dislike because I forgot to tell him to heat up the coffee.

“Sluggish.” He said and went to lie back down. I shrugged it off and took a shower.

When I got out I saw the rest of the gang was up and I had a text on my phone from Gerard.

Gerard: Meet me at the star bucks in town around 3 okay?

I told him I would be there and said goodbye to the party guests that didn’t live in the house with me.

“So what are you going to do today?” I asked Morgan as I handed her two aspirin.

“Mikey said he was coming over at 2:30 and probably just make out with him all day…and watch movies.” She said gulping down the pills and water.

“Alrighty, well I have to go meet Gerard at the coffee shop in town. So I will probably be back around 4 or so. Remember to either keep your clothes on or go in your room this time.” I said, laughing as I remember the last time I walked in on them. That image is STILL burned into my brain. Gross.

“Fine. By the way you better leave. Its almost three now.” She said pointing to the clock and I had grabbed my cell phone and rushed out of the house with my keys. I got into my bad tuxedo blue ford New Yorker and drove down the street. I passed Mikey on my way out and gave him a nodded and blew him a kiss. He laughed and drove away toward my house.

I reached the coffee house and saw Gerard sitting at one of the outdoor tables with two coffees. He was sketching on a napkin with a sharpie and looked up as I approached him.

“Hey.” He said as I sat down.

“Hi.” I said. I felt out of words.

“Oh I got you a coffee.” He said passing one of the cups to me.

“What is it?” I asked and he told me it was an iced mocha frapp. My favorite.

“Oh…um…thank you.” I said taking a sip. “So we need to talk? About what exactly?” I asked and Gerard got nervous. I knew I was playing coy, but I wanted to hear him admit it.

“About how I didn’t come back for you.” He said, sighing and shoving his drawing into his jacket pocket. I noticed his jacket was a purple hoodie with the leather jacket I had bought him over it.

“I waited a long time for you. You had your chances. If you wanted to see me you could.” I said leaning back and away from him. I crossed my arms and still held my coffee in one hand. The boys had visited me many times. All of them except Gerard.

“Well I didn’t want you to see me like that.” He said and ran his hand through his shortened hair.

“See you like what?” I asked and watched him squirm with the answer.

“All drugged out. Not knowing where I was and not knowing who people were. I wanted to be better for you. Mostly for myself. ” He said and put his hand on the table.

“Well now that you’re clean, what do you want to do?” I asked through half lidded eyes. He pursed his lips and finally said “I want another chance with you.”

“Prove that you deserve one and I will think about it. No more of these awkward glances and whatever. I want it back to the way things were.” I said taking another sip.

“Okay. Just like how things were.” He said smirking and holding up his cup as a toast of sorts. I tapped mine to his and took a sip. I caught up with him and he was very interested about how I was. He published his own comic and that’s going to be made a movie soon. He is working on the second book of the “Umbrella Academy” and that’s going well. They had done a song for the new watchmen movie and he was ecstatic about that. He said he had seen some of my covers I’ve done. I worked with bands like The Used and Aiden. I was used more as a consultant to a man named Alex Pardee more than anything.

It had become late and he offered to call up the boys and have a movie night like we used to. I said that sounded alright and told him that Mikey was already at my house.

“Oh Jesus, I do not want to know what they are doing.” He laughed and I laughed as well.

“Trust me you don’t. See you at my place.” I said hopping in my car and driving to my house. I used my key to get in and saw Mikey and Morgan were on the couch. Morgan’s hair was tousled, as were her clothes, and Mikeys pants were undone. I picked up a spare balloon and stood in front of the couple as I popped it.

They woke with a shock and realized where they were.

“Oh. Hi, Addie.” Morgan said and placed her head back on Mikeys chest. I looked at Mikey and made a motion to zip his pants. To which he blushed furiously and zipped them.

“The guys and their girls are coming over for a movie night. So go make yourself look presentable Morgan.” I said and pointed to my hair. “You got some major sex hair broski.” And Broski is pronounced Bro–SKI for anyone who doesn’t know our lingo.

She got up and went to get ready as Mikey and I picked up the last of the party decorations.

“By the way, Will you please explain the stripper that was here last night?” Mikey asked and I shook my head and laughed.

“ADDIKINS!” Frank shouted as he walked in with Jamia in hand. They gave me hugs and went to go tackle Mikey. Jamia is just like a girl version of Frank. Hyper and completely crazy.

Bob, Ray and Robin walked in and we chatted a bit as we waited for Gerard to show up. He arrived with an arm full of movies and we all made our way to the living room to watch.

We started out with star wars and moved onto movies like the grudge and the fourth kind. Shrieks of terror and laughter erupted from us as the night progressed. We found some more vodka in my garage and finished that up with some v8 juice.

The booze made everybody liven up a bit. (Except for Robin because she is preggo, and Gerard.)We even got the twister game out of my basement and made an attempt to play that.

“Left foot red.” Morgan said from Mikeys lap. Safely away from the tangle of bodies on the floor. I felt a hand touch my ass as someone moved and I protested”Hey!”

“Sorry Addie” Gerard said and I blushed. He turned so he could reach the spot right under me and his face was right next to mine. Before the next color was called he gave me a kiss on the cheek which made me fall over and lose. Now Gerard hadn’t been drinking at all since he got sober. The other night he brought the booze for me since he knew they were my favorite. So he completely knew what he was doing. I on the other hand was not. When I get drunk, I am very giggly and stupid. Once I flopped down on Morgan’s carpet and started making carpet angels.

The shaky legs of the drunks led to everyone’s downfall and we returned to watching movies in the comfort of our friends. That’s how we fell asleep and how we woke up. I was in Gerards arms with my arms to my chest and his wrapped around me. I was basically laying on him and he was still sleeping.

Morgan and Mikey were in a similar position on the other couch, same with Ray and Christina. Frank and Jamia looked like children as they cuddled on the floor and Bob was propped up, leaning against the couch with a blanket wrapped around him. I yawned and snuggled closer to Gerard. He tightened his grip around me and I could hear his heartbeat as it lulled me into sleep again.

I woke up a while later when Gerard was trying to gently remove me from his chest. I fluttered my eyes and he noticed I was awake.

“Hey “He said and smiled from above me. He was now standing next to the couch and looking over me. His eyes shone with their greenish gold tint and it made me smile.

“Hiya.”I said sitting up and looking around. Everyone was gone except for Mikey, Morgan, Frank and Jamia. I heard them in the kitchen and figured they were eating breakfast and smelled the wonderful smell of Woodys.

Woodys was a diner in town that you could buy a huge thing of bacon, eggs, toast, etc for cheap. I figured that Frank went to go get it because I’ve gone with him, Jamia, Morgan and Mikey quite a few times.

I went to the kitchen with Gerard and everybody was helping themselves to large take out boxes of eggs and bacon and various breakfast foods. Frank was happily munching away on some toast and waved at me. I waved back and helped myself to a big plate of food. I was starving.

-Wednesday-

The week went by mostly like that. The wedding was Friday and everybody usually stayed at my house while we planned for the wedding. The wedding was to be held in the local church. Neither of them was very religious but the parents were. The reception was going to be at the country club next door in the main hall. A beautiful glass walled room that I had made sure was covered in flowers.

Gerard had gotten that sketch into Dave and the cake was a gorgeous purple with white and orange tinted icing orchids. The cake was getting delivered Friday morning before the wedding and all the decorations were being delivered tomorrow. Everybody had their dresses and tuxedos and I made sure the food was going to be ready in time for Friday.

I kick ass! And have had to in order for some of this to get done. Now all we have to do is get to the church. Get Morgan’s other dress so when she’s dancing and stuff her wedding dress wouldn’t get ruined.

“Addie!” I heard Morgan shout. I was still trying to sleep in my room and had a beam of light hit me in the face. I buried my head in my blankets and cried “The Light! It burns!”

“Oh don’t be such a baby. We are taking the day off.” Morgan said as she pulled on my foot. I held onto my mattress and she gave up, cussed and left my room. I snuggled into my pillows then heard the door open again.

“Heyo!” Zoe said as she carried the small TV into my room and set in on my desk that was across from my bed. I sat up and was about to ask what was going on, but then Amy and Morgan walked into the room as well. Everybody was in their pajamas. Morgan had a tray and a to go bag from Woody’s. Amy had a stack of movies in her arms and set it next to the television.

“I told you we are having a day off. We are not leaving this bed till the guys get here later. They are all probably sleeping still, since last night was Mikeys bachelor party.” Morgan said climbing into bed next to me.

Morgan has always loved my bed. She had once tried to switch my mattress with hers, but I caught her.

Everybody climbed into the bed and got some breakfast, and then we popped in the Brave little toaster (1 through 3) and wasted our day away.

I had fallen asleep multiple times during these movies and every time I shut my eyes, Morgan sprayed me in the face with contact solution. It was like she was training a freaking cat.

“Im quietly listening! Leave me alone!” I said, burying my head into my pillows. This just made her pour it down the back of my shirt. I got up to go and change in the bathroom and when I got out, I heard the front door open and people walking in.

Frank, Mikey and Gerard walked in with messed up hair and sagging eyelids.

“Hung over?” I asked and they nodded as they sat down at the kitchen table and put their heads down. Except for Frank, who laid down on the floor. I gave them some coffee and aspirin and left to hangout with the girls.

“The boys are here.” I said and Morgan ran to Mikey. The rest of us figured everybody would end up on the bed sooner or later, so we took off the empty tray of food and rearranged the pillows as the boys walked into my room. We all got off the bed to figure out a way so we could all fit on. I got on and Gerard sat next to me, Mikey had Morgan on his lap next to us. Frank sat on the end and Amy leaned against the wall with Zoes head in her lap. It was crowded, but comfortable. I sat on Gerard’s lap and buried my head in his neck to give Frank more room.

We continued to watch childhood movies. Until we had a dispute to watch the land before time. Which we had assigned everybody a role in the movie. I was spike, because Im always sleepy and I guess Im like a stoner. I mean come on. Spike so has the munchies.

We watched some Tim Burton movies and fell asleep. We woke up on Thursday with half of the group on the floor and Me, Morgan, Gerard, and Mikey laying all over each other. Zoe was still at our feet and Amy and Frank were on the ground nestled into some blankets. I laid on Gerard’s chest for a while longer, till everybody started waking up.

“We need to get going. My parents are coming into town today.” Mikey said to Morgan as they cuddled. Morgan had met Mikeys parents quite a few times and they loved her to death, and she loved them. They fed her and told her she was pretty, She was the daughter they never had.

Mr. and Mrs. Way were going to be staying at Mikeys apartment for the wedding and they would be leaving for Jersey two days after, so they could spend some time with Gerard. Morgan and Mikey were going on a trip to Japan and London for their honeymoon and they would be gone for two weeks. They were leaving the day after the wedding and I arranged the travel plans with Amy so they had a place to stay.

“Well you should go with them Mo. Everything for the wedding is set up. I remembered that we already bought your dancing dress and it’s in your closet.” I mumbled into Gerard’s chest and he started to lightly stroke my hair.

“You should come too Addie. I don’t think you’ve met our parents yet.” Mikey said and I nodded. I wouldn’t mind meeting them. If they are how Morgan said they were, then I should feel right at home.

“Mkay, well we have to wake everybody else up so we can leave.” I said sitting up and stretching. I saw Gerard open his eyes and smile. He has a really sexy smile. I know that Im completely being trashy for flirting with him this much. But it’s all my old feelings coming back and its just …AHHHHHH!!!!! I can’t explain it.

“Let’s let them sleep. Just write a note explaining where you are and have Frank lock up once Zoe and Amy leave.” Gerard said as he tried to pull his feet out from under Zoe’s pillow. Eventually, we all left the room and Morgan and I went to change our clothes. We got showered and changed and by the time we were ready to go , the boys had written Frank a note and we were off.

We had gotten into Gerard’s car and drove 10 minutes to Mikeys apartment. It was a good apartment above the local dairy queen. The building had businesses downstairs and apartments up stairs. The town had really changed in the past few years.

The apartment had two bedrooms, a bathroom and a half bath. Also a kitchen. We went upstairs and the apartment was trashed. Ray and Bob we sitting on the sofa, nursing hangovers, and watching TV. All the blinds were closed and the mini living room/kitchen was very dark.

“Are you guy’s vampires now?” I asked as I opened up one of the huge blinds. The kitchen looked out to the street and across town. The front wall was almost all glass.

The guys groaned at the light and moved into the dark side of the room, which wasn’t dark for long. I started to pick up the clothes and shove them into a laundry bucket that I found on the floor. Morgan had been picking up dishes and Mikey was vacuuming. Gerard was picking up the bedrooms and we had just finished and sat down on the couch as Mr. and Mrs. Way arrived.

“Hello! My babies!”Mrs.Way called out and the boys were squeezed into a hug.Mrs.Way was a short, sort of chunky woman. She had bright blonde hair and quite a lot of make up on. She was very nice though. She gave each of the boys a hug , then hugged Morgan and was introduced to me.

“Who is this bambina? Mikey, who is she?” She asked and pointed at me. Usually, people thought I looked older than I am, which im now 19, but she must have seen the chubbiness in my cheeks and my baby face look.

“This is Addie, Mama. She’s Morgan’s maid of honor.” Gerard said and she smiled. She hugged me around the waist and said “You are a good girl, bambina.” I was kind of at a loss of what to do, so I just gave her a hug and asked where Mr. Way was.

“Call Him Don, and Im Donna.” She laughed and said he was getting some bags out of the taxi. The boys went to go help him and Bob and Ray made a appearance and said they were heading to my house. Since Gerard was also staying with Mikey and so was Frank, there was little room in the small apartment. I offered that they stay with me for the remainder of their visit and they loved that idea. (Also Ray and Franks wives were there as well, so it was super crowded. They were happy to get out of the apartment as well.)

We had made some coffee in Mikeys little coffee maker and sat down for some small talk. Mostly about the wedding and Donna had wondered if we needed any help. I said everything was finished and she made me tell her in detail, what was going on. From the music, which was a dj and band, to the color of the napkins.


“When are you going to get married Gerard? I want some Grandkids!” Donna said as she pinched Gerard’s cheek. He winced and whined” Mama….” And batted her away.

“You must have met some nice girl you can settle down with Gerard.” Don said, sipping his coffee. He was a tall man with graying hair and he looked like Mikey aged about 40 years.

“Well when I find her I will let you know.” Gerard said glancing my way. I blushed and drank my coffee. Morgan began to talk more about the wedding and I felt Gerard nudge me underneath the table. I looked at him and he pointed downward. I wasn’t quite sure what he meant, but I nodded and he started to stand up.

“Well im going to grab some ice cream from downstairs. Addie do you want to come with me?” He asked and I nodded. I said goodbye to The Ways, and Morgan started shouting orders at me. Mikey better keep her on a leash. Otherwise she’s going to be at dairy queen all the time. I wrote down what everybody wanted and walked downstairs to a waiting Gee.

“I felt that we could use a break from my parents.” He said as he opened the door to the, now corporate looking, dairy queen.

“Well they are very nice. Why did your mom keep on calling me ‘Bambina’? Or whatever she said.” I asked as we waited in line. I noticed a few teenage girls looking over towards us and giggling, but I just shrugged it off.

“It’s just a term of affection. She called Morgan that a lot when she met her. She calls everybody that.” He said and looked up at the menu. The line moved quickly and I noticed the girls had gotten their ice cream and sat down at a table facing us. We ordered two chocolate cones and a Sunday for Mikey and Morgan. Don and Donna didn’t want to eat ice cream so early in the day. We sat down and started talking when the girls walked up to us.

“So…Um…You’re Gerard Way right?” The first girl asked. She looked about 15 or so and had a dyed blonde hair, which she twirled around her finger in a flirty manner. She had way too much eyeliner on and I think that she was trying to win a place at the playboy mansion with the booty shorts and very tight tank top. Her friend wasn’t as bad. She had dark brown hair and was wearing a t shirt and some central volleyball shorts.

“Yup that’s me; who might you be?” He asked shaking her hand.

“Im Cindy and this is Maria.” The blonde giggled and the brunette shook his hand and gave a lazy smile.

“Could you autograph this for us?” Maria asked quietly, holding out a small sketch pad. I looked at Gerard and he smiled.

“I will do ya one better, Um do you have a pen?” He asked and Maria reached into her bag and gave Gee a sharpie. He chatted with them as he drew a chubby vampire, raising a sign that said “Hi Maria!” I held his cone and held it out to him so he could get the drips that were about to fall. It was quite funny. When he finished, He signed it “xoxo Gee” and returned it to her. Her grin was huge, I felt like it would suck us into its portal of ultimate happiness.

“Hey can I ask you a question about Mikey?” Cindy asked and Gerard said to go ahead. “Well is he getting married? Or is it a rumor?”

“He is getting married to a wonderful lady. Actually, this is her best friend right here.” He said pointing to me. “And excuse us ladies. I need to get this to my brother and his wonderful fiancée before it melts. Come on, Addie.” He said and we said goodbye to the girls. Maria gave me and Gerard hugs and Cindy tried to grope Gerard. This just made us leave faster.

“What took ya all so long!?” Morgan shouted as she saw the ice cream. She grabbed it and ran back to Mikey. Everybody was at the kitchen table and had a cup of coffee in their hands.

“We saw some fans.” Gerard explained and Mikey nodded. They had been dealing with this for sometime, so it came naturally to them.

“Autographs or pictures?” Mikey asked and Gerard replied with Autographs. I saw Morgan quietly thinking, while sharing a Sunday with Mikey. Then Mikeys momma started in with the questions.

“So would I be expecting any babies from you two?” She asked and Morgan did a legitimate spit take. Like sprayed coffee over the table and started choking. Mikey patted her back and looked a little nervous. Like having kids with him would be that bad? Haha.

“Well not anytime soon.Im going to finish collage before that happens.” She coughed. Then Donna turned on me and Gee.

“What about you two?” She asked and I choked on my coffee. Gerard rubbed my back in small circles and Morgan handed me a napkin, as she cleaned up her own mess.

“Um, Im not quite sure is me and Gerard are even together. None the less, there is no marriage in the plans for right now.” I said and he nodded.

“Well you should be together. You would make a cute couple.” She said, pinching our cheeks.

Thursday-Midnight-

It’s done! It’s all done!!!

Everything was together and set up just the way it was supposed to be. Me and Gerard had been up since 8am this morning making sure everything was perfect. It was.

Now to get some sleep.

Friday morning

“Everybody get up!!!” I shouted at 10 o clock in the morning. Almost everybody from the wedding party was at my house, except for Mikey. He was at his apartment with Gerard.

Bob and Ray dragged themselves into the kitchen and got coffee before they said hello. The boys needed to change into their tuxedos by 3. We were all going to be at the church by 1:30 to make sure everything was set up and flowers were placed correctly. At the reception hall, the food was being delivered as the wedding ended at the church. That way we could start the cocktail hour and be eating by 7. The wedding started at 5. I would go to the church. Make sure everything is set up. Come back, get in my dress. Breathe. Take Morgan to the church along with everybody else. Breathe. Relax the rest of the night.

“Should I go to Woodys real quick?” I asked the boys and Ray nodded. Or at least I think he did. His fro moved. I grabbed my phone and called in a order of” the usual” to be picked up in a few minutes.

By the time I got back with provisions, everybody was awake. Coffee had been distributed and people were in their pajamas.

“Food!” I said as I set down the bags of food I got. I got a stack of plates and when I turned around, Frank had already gotten into the toast.” Nice Frankie boy.” I said passing out plates. My kitchen looked like a frat house after a party. Everybody was molded together with everybody and it was a wonderfully messy mess.

By the time we had finished, it was noon. Everybody got in the showers. (We just wore our bathing suits and hopped in.) It would have taken way too long if everybody waited. Guys were in the back bathroom and girls were in the front. It was a slippery mess and eventually we were finished and rushed into my room to find our clothes and started getting dressed.

Everybody was dressed by 1. Morgan had been on cloud nine all day. Almost everybody thought that cloud was made of pot, because she just kept muttering about the wedding and did anything we told her with concentrated effort.

I took Amy and Frank to check out the church with me and left Bob and Ray alone with all the girls. Muhahaha.


We opened the wide doors at the front of the church and the isle looked gorgeous. The isle had white and purple ribbon lining the pews. A bouquet of orange blossoms was at every pew. There were bushes of flowers at the front of the church and it looked just perfect.Morgans bouquet was enormous and had a infusion of orange blossoms and purple orchids with streaks of color within. Each of the brides maids had a small bouquet of white roses and all the flowers were being held in the back office of the church. I checked in with the priest and took off toward the reception hall. I had to drag Amy and Frank back to the car, they were in awe of the gorgeous church.

The reception hall was just as gorgeous. White circular lanterns were hanging from the ceiling. Each table had a mix of purple orchids and orange blossoms at the center. The long table at which the wedding party was going to be sitting had a place for each bridesmaid to place her bouquet and a place at the center for Morgan’s. The band was friends with Ray and agreed to play for a bit as long as they get food. That was a deal I couldn’t pass up and the stage was draped in white and purple lights. The view of the golf course was amazing and it would look even better at night. I checked my cell phone and it was 2:15. I rushed to find Frank and Amy and they were by the cake. It was a beautiful dark purple with white icing accents and orange blossoms in some spots.

“Yeah, yeah it’s gorgeous. Yes you get a piece later frank. We got to go!” I got them to the car and drove back to my house. Everybody was watching TV and I figured that we could all take a half hour to rest. If we were at the church by 4 it should be okay.

I shut my eyes and was woken up (an hour later, but it felt like a minute) by Frank.

“Dude get in your dress!” He said. He was already half dressed and I jolted awake. Everybody was getting ready and most of the girls had their nails done previously. I had mine done yesterday and my hair was easy to do. I just put a white orchid in it and im good. I got into my dress and did my hair. Everybody was done around 4 o’clock and we had to rush to the church. Morgan was getting her dress on there and her hair and nails were already done.

Tony had arrived at my house and was dressed in a nice black tuxedo. His purple hair was done perfectly and he actually had no make up on!

We piled into Bobs van and got to the church in ten minutes. We ran almost every red light.

I rushed Morgan into the bridal room and helped her into her dress. Jamia was touching up her makeup while Zoe helped with her hair. I needed to get some water and walked through the soon to be crowded church to go to the drinking fountain. Gerard was there in a grey vest with a black jacket and a deep purple tie. He looked great and I smiled at him. He smiled back and said I looked great. I kissed him quickly. I said he looked dashing and we both kind of blushed and awkwardly walked back to our respected places.

People were already filling the church and the wedding was going to start soon. Morgan was done and all we had to do was wait for the signal. The bride’s maids got in line with their groomsmen and Morgan’s dad was in the room with her. Mikey was already up on the alter and

The pachelbel canon started to play and everybody started walking out. First Amy and Ray. Then Bob and Zoe. Frank and Rachelle.Lauren walked with Tony. She also spread the flowers.Because we didn’t have a little kid to do that for us. Gerard and I linked arms and walked out slowly into the sea of his relatives and Morgan’s. We split at the alter and the music got louder as Morgan began to walk out with her father.

Mikey was beaming and the mothers were crying. Morgan was a vision in white and she had her hair done up in curls. The church watched her walk down the orange blossom path to her future and listened intently as the priest talked about how they should listen to each other as they grow. Other things I later forgot and about how to embrace each others differences and faults, for no one is perfect. Gerard presented the rings and after all was said in done. They kissed and the church went wild. Especially a group of Mikeys friends. Most of them were friends of the band and most of them were in bands themselves. Dude Green Day was there!

We pelted the happy couple with rose petals instead of rice. Because that’s just a pain in the butt to clean up and if birds each them they could die.

They road a town car to the reception area and everybody else drove separately. Except for everybody who was jammed into Bobs van again. Night was slightly falling and when we saw the reception hall, you could see the lanterns glow through the glass wall.

Guests signed a guest book and got a card to find out which table they were at. There was an open bar and a few trays of fruit and such for the cocktail hour. The wedding party got drinks and sat down at the long table together, gushing about the ceremony and greeting people who walked by.

Dinner, toasts, cake. Everything passed by in a blissful blur. Morgan never took the smile off her face, neither could Mikey. Donna couldn’t stop crying about how beautiful the ceremony was and neither could Morgan’s Mother. The in laws bonded quickly and made fast friends. Everyone made beautiful toasts. Shared silly stories and talked about how crazy this past month has been. I sat next to Morgan and Mikey was on her other side. On his other side was Gerard and the Groomsmen. Everyone was enjoying themselves and it was time for dancing.

Morgan and Mikey stood up and was presented by the band. The crowd cheered and the band started playing “Somewhere over the rainbow” in a mellow rhythm. After a few minutes the band announced Gerard and Me and I was confused. Gerard grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. We swayed together and I rested my forehead on his shoulder.

“I think my mother was right.” He whispered and I lifted my head so I could look at him. He was completely serious.

“Well I was just thinking the same thing.” I said and gave him a kiss.

That moment led to many years of great memories. Children, friends, the band, albums, tours, and times that I will never forget. The most important thing I remember of that night is when he promised he would never need to come back for me. Because I would always be with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story