Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Sorting Warriors

The Sorting of Peter Pettigrew

by ShadingInGrey 0 reviews

The Sorting of several major characters.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Peter - Published: 2005-05-16 - Updated: 2005-05-16 - 410 words

1Insightful
Disclaimer: This is JK Rowling's world, and her characters. This is not a true Harry Potter story.

AN: The Sorting of several major charactors.

Sorting Warriors

The Sorting of Peter Pettigrew

Gulping, a small, blonde-haired boy haltingly walked forward, before picking up a battered, torn had. He turned to look at the multitude of faces, before quickly sitting down and shoving the hat on his head. It was almost a relief when it falls over his eyes, rendering him blind. He could not see everyone, and this would go easier if he wasn't faced with waiting, expectant faces.

"Hello, Mr. Pettigrew," a voice whispered lightly into his ear.

He jumped. "N-nice to se...speak to you, S-Sir," he stuttered. What do you call a Sorting Hat?

"It's nice to speak to you, too, Mr. Pettigrew. But you needn't speak out loud - I can hear your thoughts perfectly well. As for what you call me? Well, I honestly don't mind - very few bother with names."


Oh, I see. Peter felt awkward. Well, if you're sure...

"Oh, of course I am. Now, let's see. Hmm, not Ravenclaw, no. And, although Hufflepuff might be good for you, I don't quite think you're loyal enough. Hmmm. Slytherin or Gryffindor? You could go one of either two ways, Mr. Pettigrew. I'd like to think you'll stay on track; but I wonder. Sometimes I think the Houses do more harm than good, and this is one of those times. Nevertheless, a House must be chosen. At present, you are loyal, and honest, and you do have bravery. I just hope you stay that way. Remember, Mr. Pettigrew, those who are acknowledged for being great, are not always the greatest. Those who are unacknowledged heroes, are the truest heroes. Remember, Mr. Pettigrew."


I don't understand, Sir. What do you -

"GRYFFINDOR!"


He heard applause, and quickly pulled the Hat off. His legs unsteady, he walked quickly - almost ran - to the Gryffindor table, and sat down. Next to him, a girl with a shock of red hair that made her look like she had just caught fire, smiled, and whispered "Hello."

He whispered "Hello" in return, and they turned their attention back to the Sorting, as a boy with messy hair was also made a Gryffindor.

AN: Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this; please review to let me know what you think!

Tania xx
Sign up to rate and review this story