Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > This Is Not A Love Story

My Very Own Cajun Idiot

by DaniC 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-12 - Updated: 2010-08-12 - 717 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6 – My Very Own Cajun Idiot

Rogue had no idea what to make of the dream (There was nothing on Sid Vicious in her dream book) but missed calls from ‘Lebeau’ kept showing up on her cell phone.

No one stalked her home that week. The first day she stopped and waited at the bus stop where she usually found Remy lying around. Before she continued home looking over her shoulder every now and then. For some reason she never expected him to be there when he was and when she did expect him to be there, he wasn’t.

She sighed. She was glad she’d told him off. He was being more of an ass hole than usual and deserved it. She was still mad at him, but she wished he hadn’t been so annoying, then she wouldn’t have yelled at him, and he’d be stalking her home.

By that Friday, with out a stalker the previous four days, Rogue was desperately bored. But she realized she might have cooled off since Sunday.

The bell for lunch rang and Rogue wandered out onto the back lawn of Bayville high by the bleachers. She dropped her bag on the grass and pulled out Squee (a ridiculously hilarious comic book).

“Yah still pissed off?”

Rogue looked up quickly at the man standing in front of her.

“Yah know yah’ve really gotta stop hanging around the school. People’ll think yah’re a pedophile.” Said Rogue to the Cajun who was lingering by the bleachers.

“Are yah still pissed off, cause Remy ain’t gonna risk getting his head bitten off.”
“Ah’m always pissed off, stupid. But at you? Not so much.”

Remy sat down on the ground beside her feeling a little more safe.

“So, would you like to go on a date wit’ Remy?” He asked, hesitantly but it came out sounding confident. Rogue turned her eyes to him with a glare. “It would of course be a first date.” He added quickly.

Rogue smirked. She’d won, like she always did in arguments. Remy rolled his eyes at the smirk but was cursing himself for giving in like that. Mon God, Ah’m whipped.

“Sorry, Ah don’t date Cajun idiots.”

“That’s racist.”

Rogue smirked. “Maybe, but Ah don’t date idiots in general either.”

“Wutcha reading?” Remy asked. He realized he wasn’t getting anywhere today. He leaned over closer to Rogue. His breath hit her shoulder.

“Squee.”

“eh?” He noticed Rogue held her breath.

“Yah know, Jhonen Vasquez?” Remy stared blankly at her. Rogue sighed and dug into her bag, pulling out a stack of comic books. “Read.”

“What kind of name is ‘Squee’?” Remy asked as he read through the first page.
“Not half as weird as ‘Jhonen’.”

Rogue looked over at Remy who was intently reading with a smirk and laughing out loud from time to time. Remy looked up at her.

“What?”

“Gonna stalk meh home today?” She asked.

“Oui. Unless you agree to go out wit Remy now. Which would be much easier for the both of us.” Rogue smirked at him. “But Remy knows yah too well to think yah’d actually pass up an opportunity to make him jump through hoops.”

Rogue couldn’t help but smile. She’d gotten her stalker back.

xXx

Rogue got home that afternoon and found Kitty in their room with about a dozen dresses on the floor. All a different pastel of either pink, blue, or purple, and all made Rogue want to burn them.

“Which one do you like?” Kitty asked Rogue.

“Gee, Ah dunno, Kit. Cause they’re all just soo cute!” Rogue said in a mimic voice.

“C’mon, Rogue I really need your opinion here.”

“Yah don’t want mah opinion, Kit.”

“Well which do you think Josh Dawson would like?” Kitty asked.

Rogue sighed. “Ah dunno, the strapless blue one.”

Kitty giggled. “yay, now I need shoes.” She went into her closet and started shoveled out millions of high heels. She turned around to Rogue. “You know, you should go.”

Rogue laughed. “Yeah, Kitty.”

“Seriously I can get you a date.” Kitty offered.

“Kit, Ah don’t want to go, kay?”

Kitty sighed. “Fine… But which shoes should I wear?”
Sign up to rate and review this story