Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > This Is Not A Love Story

Saturday Morning Booty Calls

by DaniC 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-16 - Updated: 2010-08-17 - 662 words

0Unrated

Rogue rolled over beneath a mound of down-feather blankets. Kitty was already up and the door to the room was open and it sounded like World War three was taking place in the hallway. Somehow Saturday mornings were more chaotic than weekdays.

She lay there staring at the wall, not wanting to get up. She heard a ringing coming from her backpack, which she’d thrown on the floor last night before collapsing on her bed. She crawled out of bed and across the floor.

She dug into her bag and pulled out her phone.

“Hello?” She asked without looking at the name.

“Bonjour, Chere.” Said a certain Cajun.

“Remy?” Rogue asked. She was still half asleep and lying on the floor to tired to stand.

“Oui, just waking up?”

“ah..yeah” Said Rogue rubbing her eyes. “Why the hell are you callin meh so early?”

“Its eleven thirty in the morning, its not so early, Chere.”

Rogue glanced at her clock. “Ah’ve got eleven twenty eight.”

“Well Gambit’s incredibly sorry. Do yah want meh to call back in two minutes?”

Rogue rolled her eyes but realized he couldn’t see her. “Why are yah callin meh anyway?”

“Just had to hear yah’re belle voice.”

Rogue rolled her eyes again. “That so?”

“Oui, but also to tell yah that Remy’ll be in front of the mansion in ‘bout ten minutes.”

“What!” Said Rogue suddenly finding the strength to stand.

Remy laughed at her reaction. “Excited to see Remy?”

“What?” Rogue repeated. A second later she heard the click of Remy hanging up and she was left lying there. Remy couldn’t just show up at the mansion on a Saturday morning like that, he’d get his head blown off. He had to be out of his mind or suicidal or just stupid.

Rogue was about to rush down to the front gate when she realized she’d just woken up and certainly looked like it. She quickly threw on make-up and clothes and rushed down the stairs to the front hall. She passed the kitchen where was Logan was reading from the newspaper. He caught sight of her rushing by and stopped her.

“Hey Stripes.” He said looking up from the Bayville Times. “Where yah going so fast?”

Rogue slid to a halt. “Ahh…” She said glancing through the floor-to-ceiling windows out at the front yard and the car that just pulled up in front of the mansion. “Out” She said darting out the front door.

She ran down the driveway in her combat boots and came to the car.

“What the hell?” She yelled.

Remy sat in the driver’s seat. He burst into laughter. “So you knew Remy wasn’t joking.” He said to the exhausted Rogue. She glared at him.

“Get out of here before yah get yah’re head blown off!”

“Is that a threat?” Remy asked smirking.

“No, it’s a warning. Cause there’s about a hundred mutants in there,” Said Rogue pointing back at the mansion. “Who’d be very happy to spill yah’re guts all over the street.”

Remy tipped his head. “So yah care if Remy has his guts spilled all over the street?”

“No, its just that’ll leave meh with a bloody mess that Ah’ll have to clean up.” Said Rogue.

“Now get out of here!”

“Not without you, Chere.” He said. He pulled the key from the ignition and car’s engine shut off. He smirked at Rogue who glared back at him. “C’mon Chere. Remy’s riskin getting his head blown off for yah.”

Rogue rolled her eyes but at the same time opened the passenger side door. Goddamn this stubborn bastard!

“Ah, Chere?” Said Remy. Rogue looked at him. “Remy’d just like to tell yah ahead of time, this is a date.” Rogue sighed and climbed in the car. It wasn’t like she had anything better to do.
Sign up to rate and review this story